RadioBOSS Cloud [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
heropiggy95 said:
djsoft said:
What is the use for this information?

Sometimes we have more than 1 copy of the same track, and want to check which version has been uploaded to the server, whether it's 128/320kbps, CBR/VBR, MP3/AAC/OGG/OPUS etc. Or to prevent accidental deletion of a higher quality file. It's hard to differentiate the files in the Media library when they share the same artist/title.

I noticed that this codec/bitrate information is already shown in the desktop version of RadioBOSS tag editor (along with play count and last played time), just wanted to ask if it can be made available in RadioBOSS Cloud too. Thanks.

Also would like to point out that song information (Artist/Title/Album/Year/Genre/Comment) for Opus files does not show up in the Tag editor, while song information for Ogg Vorbis files show up correctly. If I'm not wrong, both Ogg Vorbis (.ogg) and Opus (.opus) utilise the Vorbis Comment tag system.

heropiggy95 said:
I noticed that this codec/bitrate information is already shown in the desktop version of RadioBOSS tag editor
It's only detected on playback and is not stored anywhere. Detecting it on file upload will complicate tracks processing (and increase server load) - I'm not really sure that it's worth it, I'm sorry. It can display file size and you can guess if the bitrate is higher by that.

heropiggy95 said:
Also would like to point out that song information (Artist/Title/Album/Year/Genre/Comment) for Opus files does not show up in the Tag editor, while song information for Ogg Vorbis files show up correctly. If I'm not wrong, both Ogg Vorbis (.ogg) and Opus (.opus) utilise the Vorbis Comment tag system.
Can you please send one of the opus tracks to support@djsoft.net - we'll check it.

djsoft said:
heropiggy95 said:
Can you please send one of the opus tracks to support@djsoft.net - we'll check it.

Hi, I've already sent an email on 27 April with the subject "Submission of sample Opus (.opus) track". Please check if you've received it. Thanks.

djsoft said:
We did not receive such an email, I'm sorry. Maybe the file is too large?

Here is a screenshot of the email that I sent. Please verify that I did not send it to the wrong email address?

Attachments

• Capture0501-01.PNG
    Capture0501-01.PNG
    67.3 KB · Views: 276
The message is not received for unknown reason. Please post Google Driver link here to download the file.

Radio Radio said:
THAN, when the HARD OVER PLAY is ended, the REGULAR PLAYLIST mixes on the same level in with the LIVE FEED.
We were unable to reproduce it, overlay event start before and during live feed and many other combinations, but never playlist was mixed in with live stream. Can you please confirm, does it still happen? If so, please open the Logs section in RadioBOSS Cloud and copy the last 50-100 lines so that we can see what happened (do this when you've just heard the playlist was mixed with live stream).

djsoft said:
The message is not received for unknown reason. Please post Google Driver link here to download the file.

Here's a link to one of our show files, encoded in Opus format with MediaHuman Audio Converter.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cnkghxjitBeggWQptjWIwDvKlHtcEKXy

RadioBOSS Cloud is unable to display any information (Artist/Title/Album/Year/Genre/Comment). The file's metadata can be correctly read by Android 10 (tested with Pulsar Music Player), VLC media player, and Mp3tag editor.

Based on my understanding, both Ogg Vorbis and Opus utilise the Vorbis Comment tag system.

Ogg Vorbis (.ogg) metadata = detected by RadioBOSS Cloud
Opus (.opus) metadata = not detected by RadioBOSS Cloud

Yes, indeed it does not read metadata - we'll check why this can be happening. Thank you. IIRC there are differences between OGG and OPUS tagging, they are not identical.

RadioBOSS Cloud 0.8.5 beta
  • Overview tab: shows playing track elapsed and remaining time
  • Added Compressor for sound procesing (Settings->Audio)
  • Fixed occasional error on login to control panel from the billing
  • Fixed rare error on file rename/delete/move
  • Fixed update libary sometimes worked incorrectly
  • Fixed event edit bug in firefox (start time was not loaded correctly)

Compressor settings depens on what end result you like to achieve. You can start with the default settings and then tune them until you get the result you desire.

Hi, I'm currently encountering extremely slow upload speeds (5-10kbps) at c16.radioboss.fm FTP server. Please look into it, thanks.

djsoft said:
It appears to be some temporary network glitch, it's working fine now.

I'm still experiencing extremely slow speeds and connection timeouts. I'm connecting from Singapore.

Code:
Status:	Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
Error:	Could not connect to server
Status:	Delaying connection for 5 seconds due to previously failed connection attempt...
Status:	Connection established, waiting for welcome message...

I'm only able to upload files at fast speed when connected to a VPN in UK.

heropiggy95 said:
I'm still experiencing extremely slow speeds and connection timeouts. I'm connecting from Singapore.
Please do not duplicate the same question to ticket system (where it's resolved) and to the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back