RadioBOSS Cloud [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ubmchicago said:
Question: why does an event, after you give it a date to disable, doesn't want to re-enable when you do so?
The option as its name implies, only disables an event - it does not re-enable it. This is by design. If you need an event to run during certain period of time, you can consider using the "Repeat every" feature and limit the number of repeats.

applejuicetr said:
I shall be very pleased if i could generate playlist with genres and bpm info.
Can you please provide more information on what it should do?

Hello !

Are you planning to add a duplicate song tag finder? Many of us are adding music and we would like to have a function that searches for duplicate titles. I think it is a very important function I hope it will be added because I do not know how to do ...

actucast said:
Are you planning to add a duplicate song tag finder? Many of us are adding music and we would like to have a function that searches for duplicate titles. I think it is a very important function I hope it will be added because I do not know how to do ...
Curently we do not plan on adding such a feature. We'll add file search option soon - this may help you find duplicate songs.

It would be nice to be able to modify the appearance of the audio being played, font color and background, as currently it is only in bold and sometimes it is difficult to locate among the others.

SertanejaPop said:
It would be nice to be able to modify the appearance of the audio being played, font color and background, as currently it is only in bold and sometimes it is difficult to locate among the others.
Thank you for the suggestion, the option will be added in one of the updates.

Steffen Schultz said:
The TLS certificate for the FTP service on c2.radioboss.fm has expired, can you please renew it?
Thank you for informing about the issue, it was renewed - please check.

RadioBOSS Cloud 0.8.6 beta

Changes:
  • Added Greek encoding for ANSI file tags
  • Improved FTP download speed
  • Fixed errors when working with file names containing runs of dots
  • Icecast KH server updated to version 14
  • Minor performance improvements

RadioBOSS Cloud 0.8.6.2 beta

What's new
  • Fixed: external live stream sometimes did not mute overlay events
  • Fixed: scheduled events queue bug in the playlist (in rare cases tracks could be skipped)
  • Fixed: file type playback level sometimes did not work
  • Improved fading when transitioning to and from live streaming
  • Improved crossfading when mixing music tracks
  • Fixed minor issues with playback
  • Performance improvements
  • Fixed: reports sometimes were not created and an error message was shown

I have seen Radioboss Cloud very slow lately, it presents an error constantly with this message "Unable to load page: 0 (error)", I also noticed that after the last two updates the crossfade does not obey the given configuration, I put the mix in 4.0 seconds and it doesn't mix in that time, the audio is played until the end.

Up until a few days ago (before a software update?) my station was playing fine - playing the playlist tracks randomly with IDs being inserted every 20 minutes according to the scheduler.

The IDs then stopped playing (error code 2 in the log - unable to open the file/invalid server address). I deleted the schedule and reset the events, and I no longer get error code 2. However the scheduled IDs do not play. They get added to the playlist but do not play out on schedule. I have tried different insert methods - queue after playing track, replace scheduled track etc.

How can I get an ID (randomly chosen from my IDs folder) to play out at scheduled times, when the playlist is playing randomly? It worked before but does not work now. Thank you!

Congratulations on a most elegant application!  I have an urgent application for your consideration...

Because of covid-19, we are trying to come up with a solution to enable its use by remote DJs equipped with RB and with autodj pointed at an icecast server at our studio rather than permanently locked to your server. When the DJ's log in as live feeds, the autodj would be temporarily taken over by the live stream. 

Can this be added as an option so we can stream to our own custom server?  At the studio, the incoming stream needs to be combined somehow with studio audio output and re-encoded using RadioCaster or RadioBoss pointed at your server.  What would be the best way to do this? 

RadioCaster could be pointed at the mountpoints for RBC and RBC use its second encoder feed to send to the studio but the RBC autodj feed would need to be disconnected while this happens.

I suppose something might also be possible using the relay feed in RadioBoss.  What do you think?

I'm sure this would be of interest to the many stations trying to assist home broadcasters at this time.

Matt Barton said:
How can I get an ID (randomly chosen from my IDs folder) to play out at scheduled times, when the playlist is playing randomly? It worked before but does not work now. Thank you!
This indeed was caused by a recent software update, and we're sorry for it. Before we rolled out an upodate we've been testing it here for over a month, but still some bugs made their way to the release :)
The problem you describe was fixed in the most recent minor update and everything should be working fine now.

Chris Deacon said:
enable its use by remote DJs equipped with RB and with autodj pointed at an icecast server at our studio rather than permanently locked to your server. When the DJ's log in as live feeds, the autodj would be temporarily taken over by the live stream. 
It is possible and there are two options:
1. Stream live - when you connect to the server it will switch to the live stream, please see this page for the details: https://www.radioboss.fm/radioboss-cloud/live-broadcast/
You can use your login details or create DJ accounts so that they havge their own passwords with limited rights.
2. Make AutoDJ play external stream. E.g. schedule it to start a network stream and specify the address, it will play it at set times.

djsoft said:
1. Stream live - when you connect to the server it will switch to the live stream, please see this page for the details: https://www.radioboss.fm/radioboss-cloud/live-broadcast/
You can use your login details or create DJ accounts so that they have their own passwords with limited rights.
2. Make AutoDJ play external stream. E.g. schedule it to start a network stream and specify the address, it will play it at set times.

I understand this, but are you therefore saying that it is not possible to point RBCloud autodj at an Icecast server at our studio?

If RBCloud autodj is locked to the RBCloud server, we have to figure out a way to send our studio program to RBCloud as well as the remote users, and the only way it seems to me that can be done is to treat the studio as yet another "live" user, using RadioBoss (not RadioCaster) at the studio to point to /live on RBCloud at set times.  Unfortunately this means we cannot automatically switch between the studio live feed and the remote broadcasters' live feeds. [Sorry this is difficult to picture!]

If autodj is taking an external stream, does this get overridden by any live feed to the RBCloud? 

Chris Deacon said:
If autodj is taking an external stream, does this get overridden by any live feed to the RBCloud?   
If you have live stream connected, it will override whatever it is playing in Auto DJ. If you just need to make it play your own strteam, then you should not use live connections, simply schedule it to play the URL (option 2 in my previous message).

hi have you a demo on how to use the stream page as a website how i point my provider to the stream page and use that as a website unless you have another option

cheers

wireradio said:
hi have you a demo on how to use the stream page as a website how i point my provider to the stream page and use that as a website unless you have another option
The stream page we offer is a simple page that you can use while you don't have your own web site. It's available by the URL you can see in the Information page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back