RadioBOSS Cloud [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is planned in general but it's not yet assigned for a concrete period of time, I'm sorry, I can't tell you when it's going to be added.

Love the sound quality of the new server and so far everything i am seeing looks and works great except one major thing. When in auto dj mode the playlist widgets (now playing, album art etc.) all display correctly but when i switch over to live dj, the album art continues showing what is playing in auto dj and the now playing shows what i am playing live. has anyone else encountered this issue? Do i have something set up wrong? I tried it on a several broadcasting platforms and several of my other djs all encountered the same issue?

Hello, I have a super stable connection, but Radioboss Cloud is slow and has several errors, I did a test using a VPN and so Radioboss works perfectly, why does this happen?

Zach Moonshine said:
when i switch over to live dj, the album art continues showing what is playing in auto dj
Yes, this is a problem that is reported sometimes. We'll fix it in one of the next updates. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

SertanejaPop said:
Hello, I have a super stable connection, but Radioboss Cloud is slow and has several errors, I did a test using a VPN and so Radioboss works perfectly, why does this happen?
If it works fine with VPN then it means that a direct connection from you to RadioBOSS Cloud server is not good (e.g there is an intermediate node that slows down things). When you use a VPN the path from you to RB Cloud is different and faster. We can't do anything about it as the problem is not on our side - all our servers have plenty of bandwidth available.

RadioBOSS Cloud 0.8.8 beta

Changes:
  • Fixed: "trigger mix at" crossfade option was incorrectly processed sometimes
  • Fixed: cover art was incorrect when streaming live and after disconnecting live stream
  • Added guide about using DJ accounts
  • Other bug fixes and improvements

The problem with deleting or changing folder files still happens, both through the panel and via FTP. By FTP the file disappears but then returns, the panel shows the error showing in the print :-[

Attachments

• 01.png
    01.png
    85.4 KB · Views: 439
I have tried deleting the same file from your account and it was successful. What web browser do you use? Do you have any extension installed that could modify pages (like ad blockers)?

djsoft said:
Do you have any extension installed that could modify pages (like ad blockers)?
It doesn't make sense, as I said I tried FTP too and it didn't work, I use Chrome and I don't have extensions.

SertanejaPop said:
It doesn't make sense, as I said I tried FTP too and it didn't work, I use Chrome and I don't have extensions.
Do you have any other files that can't be deleted with FTP? We'll try those here.

It could be awesome to have more metadata options, like %rating and %time (to display a clock)

and a feature to have a (invisible) server rediction.
like "hsl.fm/stream" redirects to "c2.radioboss:port/stream"
so people can listen without seeing the mention "radioboss" in url stream

should not be too complex to create.

cheers

edit : i also had a great idea to help playlist creation.
in music library, simply using ctrl + a or a buton "select all" to not have to select one by one all the tracks of a folder.
or maybe a small client sofware to manage track collection and built playlists.

edit 2 : also a possibility to having track in multiple folders.
cause you have to upload the same track 3 times to put it in 3 folders, and takes much more space on our very limited storage space.

i think i gived few tricks to make radioboss the best radiomaker (this slogan is a gift, happy birthday ^^)

www.housestationlive.com said:
It could be awesome to have more metadata options, like %rating and %time (to display a clock)
You can use %len to display song duration in min:sec format.

and a feature to have a (invisible) server rediction.
like "hsl.fm/stream" redirects to "c2.radioboss:port/stream"
We can't add this feature as this must be configured on your web server. Only you can configure a redirect from your own domain, as we can't control your domain.

in music library, simply using ctrl + a or a buton "select all" to not have to select one by one all the tracks of a folder.
or maybe a small client sofware to manage track collection and built playlists.
You can use Ctrl and Shift multiple selection in Media area. Sometimes FTP is more convenient: https://www.radioboss.fm/radioboss-cloud/ftp-uploads/

edit 2 : also a possibility to having track in multiple folders.
cause you have to upload the same track 3 times to put it in 3 folders, and takes much more space on our very limited storage space.
The only way is to copy it to all folders where it's needed. We offer plenty of storage on all plans, and you can also puchase additional disk space if needed.

djsoft said:
It is possible - you need to add a CNAME record to your domain and point it to the RB Cloud server where your account is located, e.g. when you edit DNS zones for your domain, add
stream CNAME c2.radioboss.fm
Is this possible with ssl?

SertanejaPop said:
Is this possible with ssl?
It will probably not work with CNAME as domain name in certificate will be different. In this case, you can configure a regular redirect like https://yourradio.com/listen -> https://cX.radioboss.fm:nnnn/stream (e.g. use .htaccess file or other means depengin on what server you use).

SertanejaPop said:
In this case the address shown in the browser will always be radioboss.fm, is that it?
Probably, it depends on how you configure the redirect. What is the reason in opening it in a web browser at all? If you embed it in the player on your web site, users do not see any network address at all - they just press Play and that's it. If you offer tune in links that they can play in a desktop player, it can be your own link that redirects to the actual stream address - but the listeners will see your link. They can check where it redirects - but who cares?

Would it be nice to be able to display the next song to be played on the website, is this in your future plans?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back