RadioBOSS - good luck or good management with the scheduler ?

Hello Dmitry,

I have set up the scheduler with 4 timed entries that trigger 70 macros each day (00, 15, 30 and 45 minutes during the day and 00 and 30 minutes during the night). It has been on test at home for 2 weeks and has worked perfectly.

Today I added an extra 2 timed entries to cover the school zone warning messages that go to air in the morning (8am to 9:30am) and again in the afternoon (2:30pm to 4pm) Monday to Friday.

I launch these messages from two scheduled events - one for morning and another for the afternoon. That is done at 8am with the repeat function set to "Repeat every 15 mins" and "No more than 6 times" and at 2:30pm with the same repeat rules.

I have been watching the screen today knowing full well that we are triggering two scheduled events at exactly the same time on all of those school zone messages. I have been surprised to see the school zone messages appearing on the main playlist screen ahead of the other scheduled events.

Is this by luck or good management with your software coding ?

If it is luck then it would be better to launch the school zone messages before the other events - maybe 10 seconds earlier.

What do you think ?

Thanks, Jamie C.

A post note to the above observations.

When looking at the main player at the two events being scheduled at the same time it is clear that the regular event is added first then the school zones content is added a fraction of a second afterwards. This means the school content appears immediately after the song playing, then the regular content appears after that.

This means to keep that sequence stable I will need to run the school zone content 1 second after the regular scheduler event. This is what it will look like on the player screen:

current song playing
school zones announcement
sponsor message block

This is exactly the result I was after and the event scheduler timing seems to be doing the job.

Jamie C.

If it is luck then it would be better to launch the school zone messages before the other events - maybe 10 seconds earlier.
You should not configure scheduled events to start at the same time. In this case, the behavior is undefined and what event will start first is not known. You can adjust start times e.g. adjust seconds to make one event start earlier.
From your second post I see that you have already implemented the solution.

Back