RadioBOSS got stuck! Any Logs ? (For debugging, troubleshooting etc)

eddr

Hello,

Are there any logs for troubleshooting RadioBOSS in the event it gets stuck on a track or something happens and you want to know what it was doing at the time?

Over the past month we have experienced an issue where RadioBOSS got stuck playing a track, repeating the same bit of audio like a CD getting stuck! It was not the same track playing the second time (this is the first thing I checked) and so would like to try and figure out why all of a sudden this has started happening.

The only thing which has changed since this has happened (Only twice so far, 2 weeks apart) is:
a) Windows Updates installed (Windows 10).
b) RadioBOSS upgraded to latest major version.

The windows updates + RadioBOSS upgrade were both done at the same time and one thing I noticed after rebooting + RadioBOSS update was that RadioBOSS lost its settings for the virtual sound cards - it couldn't find them anymore. I am going to blame Windows Updates for this as I don't think an upgrade of RadioBOSS would have caused this?

There are no bug reports to send as it didn't really 'crash' as such, it just got 'stuck' and wouldn't move on to the next track so had to be restarted. The RadioBOSS Guard didn't seem to help either here.

If you need it, I can show you a video of when it happened the first time.

Thanks
Edd

eddr said:
If you need it, I can show you a video of when it happened the first time.
The video should help here.

From the description I suppose it can be something to do with audio device. If, for some reason, it "disconnects" from RadioBOSS, then something like this will happen. If you start a track manually, do you see that all timers (under the "Now playing" bar, that shows the elapsed/remaining time) - are "frozen", the time does not change?

Hello,

Ok great - https://youtu.be/bei4IAumB4I

Yes, as you will see in the video - the timers remained frozen.

eddr said:
Yes, as you will see in the video - the timers remained frozen.
This means that audio device got stuck for some reason. What sound card do you use?

Oh dear, we are using Virtual Audio Cable.

RadioBOSS -> Stereotool -> RadioBOSS Broadcast output.

Is the guard program not able to detect when something like this occurs? Not that it's the fault of RadioBOSS if it is the soundcard at fault here.

eddr said:
Is the guard program not able to detect when something like this occurs?
RadioBOSS detects most of the cases when sound fails, but not all. You can try switching playback and inputs to use DirectSound - in some cases, it may help.

Hmm well we are already using direct sound!

Surely if the timers are not updating properly this can be detected no?

Is it worth switching to WSAPI?

eddr said:
Is it worth switching to WSAPI?
Yes, you can try it. It won't become worse for sure.

eddr said:
Surely if the timers are not updating properly this can be detected no?
Yes, we'll do something about it in the upcoming RadioBOSS 5.7.

Back