RadioBOSS Hosted

djsoft

Staff member
Anyone interested in a hosted RadioBOSS solution controlled via Remote Desktop?

RadioBOSS will be hosted on our server and you remotely connect to it via Remote Desktop.

I do not understand ??? ... How I can access my PC with RadioBOSS? Or is it another version that runs the program from a server host?

nelson c said:
I do not understand ??? ... How I can access my PC with RadioBOSS? Or is it another version that runs the program from a server host?
It runs on our host so you can access it from any PC.

bobby said:
will this remote desktop work on a mac laptop
Yes, MS offers Remote Desktop client for mac: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/remote-desktop-client

If anyone interested I can create free accounts for testing.

bobby, nelson c
E-mails with access data were sent to you.

How to connect:
1. click Start->All Programs->Accessories->Remote Desktop Connection, in the "Computer" field enter radioboss.fm.
2. click Options (at the bottom left), select Local Resources tab, in the "Local devices and resources" select "More..." and check "Drives" to share your drives with the remote system. This is needed so you can copy music, jingles and other things there. (see the picture attached)
3. Click Connect button, enter login and password. Some Windows versions have a bug: if you copy-paste password it won't connect. Just enter the username and password manually if you face this issue.

Attachments

• 22.01.png
    22.01.png
    81.9 KB · Views: 867
hey djsoft

when i tried this remote desktop on my macbook pro laptop

there is no sound coming out of radioboss at all

it keeps on saying no soundcard

thanks

Hey djsoft

how many days until this problem with the slowness on this radioboss hosted is fixed

thanks

Still have not tried a lot but at first glance, is a very good idea!, Is like a "Auto DJ" of some providers that offer streaming, but with RB.

at first sight the first error, is not able to set the time zone for my country.
Radio boss to start from the icon on the taskbar, leaving a poster of "security policies"

Hits! :)

bobby said:
how many days until this problem with the slowness on this radioboss hosted is fixed
We'll first need to know why this happens... If it's a Remote Desktop issue we won't be able to fix that.

nelson c said:
Still have not tried a lot but at first glance, is a very good idea!, Is like a "Auto DJ" of some providers that offer streaming, but with RB.
Yes, if someone wants to run 24/7 fully automated radio it's a good solution. Also can be controlled from everywhere.

nelson c said:
at first sight the first error, is not able to set the time zone for my country.
Yes, that's the issue: time zone selection will be added to RadioBOSS's settings soon.

nelson c said:
Radio boss to start from the icon on the taskbar, leaving a poster of "security policies"
It is supposed to be started from desktop.
There are very strict security settings so users won't be able to change system-wide settings or make changes to other user's profile.

Hey djsoft

when i use my Hitachi 1tb portable hard drive on my remote desktop using my macbook pro laptop

on your radioboss hosting, it makes everything go really slow and i can't even play my music on it at all

thanks

Hey djsoft

I suggest try this hosting on virtualbox insted

because its alot faster and quicker

thanks

Back