Radiocaster and radio logger

RadioCaster update is almost ready and being tested for the past couple of weeks. It will be released this week.
For RadioLogger - there were several fixes as well, but it's not enough to justify a new version release. Are there any problems in RadioLogger?

ok the same issue is still there with RadioCaster. at time the settings are lost and i have to re-enter the setting all over again. Can a save settings option be added so we can save the settings to a location so if it happens again we can just restore from that file. right now there is no such option to save settings. Even thou you say if does it automatically it doesn't do so.

Action Radio 95.1 said:
ok the same issue is still there with RadioCaster. at time the settings are lost and i have to re-enter the setting all over again. Can a save settings option be added so we can save the settings to a location so if it happens again we can just restore from that file. right now there is no such option to save settings. Even thou you say if does it automatically it doesn't do so.
Can you tell under which circumstances the settings are lost? Now RadioCaster creates a backup of settings, so even if the main file gets corrupted/deleted, it will be restored.

If i restart the machine at random times it happens. No particular occurrence. Or even a emergency shutdown of the machine the settings are gone.

Action Radio 95.1 said:
If i restart the machine at random times it happens. No particular occurrence. Or even a emergency shutdown of the machine the settings are gone.
We've tried to reproduce it, but the problem was not confirmed. Settings are just a regular text file, which is read/written by standard Windows routines. It looks like a hardware failure in your PC or some other software corrupts the file...
You can save a backup of it - settings are stored in the following folder:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\djsoft.net\RadioCaster_NNN

So with that been said, the option to save the file to a location of my choice and just in case and also to restore from that location also. Can That be accommodated?

I know a few people that have the same issue that i work with. They also call on me to do something about it or to add back their settings manually.

Action Radio 95.1 said:
So with that been said, the option to save the file to a location of my choice and just in case and also to restore from that location also. Can That be accommodated?
Yes, that's possible. I've scheduled it for the next minor update - will be done within a week.

Action Radio 95.1 said:
I know a few people that have the same issue that i work with. They also call on me to do something about it or to add back their settings manually.
That's really strange. Are you using any antivirus software? Sometimes that could cause weird problems like this.

Back