Record broadcast for repeat playback

jaypea500

I'd like to record several hours of my broadcast for later repeat broadcast. I know this can be done with the "streamarchive" command via the scheduler. The issue I have with that, since the start of each hour "floats" up to 3 minutes before or after the hour, is the start and end of the recording occurs in the middle of a song. This makes for a bad transition at the start and end of the playback of the recording.

Is there a way to add the "streamarchive" command directly to the playlist? My thinking is, if I add the commands before the first song and after the last song, the recording will start at the beginning of the first song and end at the end of the last song.

I've searched the manual and the forum but have come up empty (though my searching skills leave much to be desired).

Is this possible? Thanks!

...joe
The MUSIC People
(on Live365.com)

Yes, you can use Playlist->Add menu command to add streamarchive command.
Another question(s): is it possible to add the command to the playlist structure in Playlist Generator Pro?

Also, if I did want to add the command in the scheduler to start at 1pm and record for 4 hours (14400 sec), then stop and store the file in "C:\Users\mxpeople22\AppData\Roaming\djsoft.net\" for later use, would the command look like this:

streamarchive 14400 C:\Users\mxpeople22\AppData\Roaming\djsoft.net\filename.m3u8

Is there something I'd need to add to the command to record the audio prior to the DSP processing? I'll be playing the file back "on-air" so I wouldn't want the processed audio to be processed again.

thanks again...

...joe
The MUSIC People
(on Live365.com)

Another question(s): is it possible to add the command to the playlist structure in Playlist Generator Pro?
Yes, on the Tracks tab press the ... button to add commands.

Is there something I'd need to add to the command to record the audio prior to the DSP processing? I'll be playing the file back "on-air" so I wouldn't want the processed audio to be processed again.
Currently not - we'll add an option to control that.

Update - if you use recent RadioBOSS versions, you can record without DSP: open Stream Archive window, press Settings button and check the "Record without DSP" option.

OK, I gave it the ol' college try, but it didn't work. I'm trying to play back a recording of the 1p thru 5p hours in the 1a to 5a slot. Here's what I've got set up so far:

I have a scheduler command to record the stream from 1p to 5p. (this worked)
The recording is set aside for later playback from 1a to 5a as "ovrnt.mp3" at the path "C:\Users\mxpeople22\AppData\Roaming\djsoft.net." (this worked)
I have my scheduled hourly playlist generation and playback paused between 1a and 5a. (this worked)
I have a command set to start playback of the file at 1a. (this did NOT work)

At 1a, there was silence, followed by playback of the emergency playlist via the silence detector. the emergency playlist repeated itself until 5a when the hourly playlist scheduler command kicked back in. Soooooo, I don't think I have the playback command set up properly.

The scheduler command I'm using is: "play C:\Users\mxpeople22\AppData\Roaming\djsoft.net\ovrnt.mp3"

Is there anything else that needs doing for this to work?

...joe
The MUSIC People
(on Live365.com)

Does this also affect the scheduler command?
Yes, the command uses the same settings as set in that window (recording format and options), the only thing that you can change from the command is recording filename and duration.

The scheduler command I'm using is: "play C:\Users\mxpeople22\AppData\Roaming\djsoft.net\ovrnt.mp3"
This is not correct. play command is for different purpose, please check the manual: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/scheduler_commands.htm
To start a file, no command is needed, the event's action is the file name that you want to start, in your case it'll be simply
C:\Users\mxpeople22\AppData\Roaming\djsoft.net\ovrnt.mp3

Streamarchive recording problem is still happening in RB v7.0.2.0. This occurs every once in a while and has been happening for over a year. Normally the event actions follow the pattern below with no error. When the error occurs, the ARTSCAFE_B.mp3 file becomes locked and the ARTSCAFE2613-03-33 gets written instead. Later when the file is called up to replay, RB cannot open the earlier file and playback fails.
You acknowledged earlier that there was a bug you would attend to in v7....;)

Capture RB.JPGCaptureRB2.JPGCaptureRB3.JPGCaptureRB4.JPG

You acknowledged earlier that there was a bug you would attend to in v7....;)
What we could, we did :) I'm not sure why it happens, it was never reproduced here, but a lot of fine tuning in streamarchive was made here and there.
A possible solution would be to add a template variable, like ?dd to make it write to each file each day. Or even ?hh if you want different recordings for each hour.

Template variables: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/scheduler_options.htm

The core of the problem could be in the encoders, they keep the file locked and RadioBOSS doesn't have control over it. Or maybe it's some bug in RadioBOSS that we were unable to locate. But the effort was made.

Back