Remove Playlist Generator, keep only Playlist Generator PRO

Remove Playlist Generator, leave only Playlist Generator PRO?

• Yes, remove

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • No, I still need old Playlist Generator

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Make it a separate download for those who need it

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I don't know what's this all about

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

djsoft

Staff member
As Playlist Generator PRO works very good and stable now, and also it's far superior in features compared to the old Playlist Generator... I think the old one should be removed. Two modules doing the same thing is too much.

Sometimes we use a folder with all music and Playlist Generator works greater and faster than PGPro. Why to remove it ? Leave it there, it doesn't kill anybody  :)

Paylist Generator won't be removed - it will be shipped for compatibility purposes. It was removed from the Playlist menu and moved to Playlist->Extra.

pety said:
Sometimes we use a folder with all music and Playlist Generator works greater and faster than PGPro. Why to remove it ? Leave it there, it doesn't kill anybody  :)
Playlist Generator (non-pro) can't use folder as a source :) It may work slightly faster though because it has less things to do.

djsoft said:
Paylist Generator won't be removed - it will be shipped for compatibility purposes. It was removed from the Playlist menu and moved to Playlist->Extra.

pety said:
Playlist Generator (non-pro) can't use folder as a source :) It may work slightly faster though because it has less things to do.
I know that. I made a playlist from the content of that folder  :)

Also works with Playlist Library. And that means that works with folders too. Indirectly, of course.

I like PG Pro better.  Works well with the folders that I put shows and episodes in and works well for the setup I need to air syndicated shows that other stations want aired on Indie Radio Network.  I've never used the regular Playlist Generator yet, I've always used the Playlist Generator Pro, just because everytime I add music to the folder that is on the list, it also updates the number of files I have too.

indieradionetwork said:
I've never used the regular Playlist Generator yet, I've always used the Playlist Generator Pro, just because everytime I add music to the folder that is on the list, it also updates the number of files I have too.
Yes, Pl Gen Pro is better. The old Playlist Generator is kept for compatibility purposes only.

Back