Repeating files in a tracklist

I want to make an announcement drawn in series from 5 files in a folder (tracklist) every 10 minutes, enqueueing in the playlist. What is the recommended way of doing this so that these do not play while scheduled events (such as a one hour program) are playing and so I don't end up with multiple announcements queued up to play at the end of the one hour program? 

Do I use scheduler on repeat, or is there some other way such as ad scheduler.  I tried creating a playlist with the announcement every 4 or 5 tracks but when it loads into RB, many of the announcements play one after the other, rather than maintaining the separation chosen in the playlist template.  Why is this so?     

Chris Deacon said:
What is the recommended way of doing this so that these do not play while scheduled events (such as a one hour program) are playing and so I don't end up with multiple announcements queued up to play at the end of the one hour program?   
Honestly I don't see a solution for this. It's easy to play files from a folder in sequence, but if you want to make exceptions, this is much more difficult.
One of the options would be to create other scheduled events to disable and enable the announcement event when needed.

Back