Running events early

derek

It would be ideal if a flexible time option were available as part of the options for what could be used as a sweeper. If this were used, radioboss could run an event early, with no extra additions or changes needed to the playlist. This could also be useful to keep radioboss on track if it is dealing with a series of playlists that run a bit long. At present, what happens if the sweeper option is checked, but no files added as possibilities?

I think this can be achieved if you set event's start time a bit early.
It can, and there is some help if I have the ID event finish at the top of the hour. That still allows a song to begin between the end of a track and the beginning of the ID, and that can throw off the start of a relay.

I thought of this suggestion hoping that it would be easy to to do, given how sweepers work, and that it would also be something you and others would consider practical.

Sweepers is the solution for this. I don't see how "start earlier" will work, I mean what's the difference between the event that's supposed to run at e.g. 12:00 and with has option like "allow to start 5 minutes earlier" and an event that simply configured to start at 11:55.

what's the difference between the event that's supposed to run at e.g. 12:00 and with has option like "allow to start 5 minutes earlier" and an event that simply configured to start at 11:55.
Radioboss would be able to run the event early only if it were necessary. Consider the following scenario.
15 seconds are left of the currently running track and no sweepers are available to fill that gap. Radio boss could run the event early so the next song on the playlist wouldn't make everything run behind.

Also, when we have generated multiple playlists, radioboss could stick to those playlists without introducing random elements at the last minute.

Makes sense. We'll need to run some tests about it here. If everything's good, it'll be added as an option for the events.

Back