Scheduled Event Pause Action

mbabb

I have a Station ID that is in my scheduled events that is scheduled to start by DTMF and overlay over what is playing in the playlist.  I would like to be able to have this particular scheduled event, pause for :05sec then overlay the ID.  I need to have the playlist continue playing and I don't want to delay ALL DTMF starts.  Other than creating a :05sec non audio file or adding :05sec of nothing to the start of my ID, is there some kind of a pause command or something like that that I can easily add as an event action then follow that with the ID for this scheduled event only?

(details:  Network sends a DTMF tone at hh:59:45 each hour, then plays a :05sec Voiced network ID, followed by a :10sec bed.  I have several varied length local ID's that I want to overlay overtop of the :10sec Bed.  Because of timing issues, I need to use the hh:59:49 DTMF tone to trigger the )

thanks

This feature is planned for the future: additional per-event delay for DTMF. Currently you can create a playlist that will have a timed pause (menu Playlist->Add timed pause) and then Station ID.

Good Idea.  Now for the next issue that I'm experiencing. All my ID's are in one folder called "ID".  In the playlist  I added the command "C:\OnAir\IDs*1" (without quotes) to my playlist right after the Pause #6.  If I play this playlist, all is good and RB randomly plays one file each time the playlist plays.  BUT....if I create a scheduled event to OVERLAY this particular playlist, RB plays the 6sec pause then I get a red "unable to play! Error code 5 (invalid handle)" error.  Is this a bug or is it that the standalone (overlay) player cannot randomly play a file?

Back