Scheduler Event DTMF delay execution

IgorPobi

Hello !

Is it possible to add delayed execution of DTMF detection event ?
Something like: "Add delayed starting event after DTMF detect of xxx seconds ?"

Thanks !

IgorPobi said:
You can delay DTMF events in Settings->DTMF->Delay

djsoft said:
IgorPobi said:
You can delay DTMF events in Settings->DTMF->Delay

Yes, but i think for options for delayed starting event AFTER DTMF detect.
For example, event detect DTMF tone and after xxx second execute predefined action ....

IgorPobi said:
Yes, but i think for options for delayed starting event AFTER DTMF detect.
For example, event detect DTMF tone and after xxx second execute predefined action ....
I'm not sure that I understand. The "Delay event startup" does exactly that, but it delays all DTMF events. Or do you want to delay a specific event?

Hello !

Yes, i need delay specific event. I listen URL streaming with DTMF tone and when detect DTMF, i need begin play out this streaming after xx seconds of DTMF tone ....
This specific delay event will be addition of general "Delay event startup". (general need for streaming buffer corrected).
(For example if set general delay to 5 sec and specific event delay to 6 sec, event execute after 11 sec).
Plus this added flexibility of started multiple events of same streaming in different times ....

I would like to see the option of having the DTMF settings set or configured by each scheduled event rather than for ALL.  This would include which input to check, DTMF checking frame & Delay event startup.

mike

Michael Babb said:
I would like to see the option of having the DTMF settings set or configured by each scheduled event rather than for ALL.  This would include which input to check, DTMF checking frame & Delay event startup.
This can complicate the event setup a lot... What is the use case for this? Maybe, we'll be able to find another solution.

I understand...let me restate things a bit differently.  I find scheduling Events by DTMF or by DTMF only can be a bit confusing.  Let me give you an example of what I am doing.  Our network sends the DTMF tone "03" to indicate a :60sec break that affiliates can utilize locally.  This break may or not happen during a given hour depending on network programming.  The break can also happen up to two times in a given hour.  Most hours IF the break occurs, it is usually at hh:29:00 and hh:58:45 most of the time.  Note: there are a couple hours where the hh:29:00 break may float between hh:25:00 and hh:35:00 after the hour.  I know this is confusing, hopefully you figured it out.  Anyway, here's how I'm scheduling it.

In Configuration/DTMF I have DTMF checking frame set at 10 minutes.
I have one scheduled event to start by DTMF "03" only at all hours, 35 minutes and 0 Seconds.
I have another scheduled event to start by DTMF "03" only at all hours, 5 minutes and 45 seconds.

This pretty much covers the few floaters and the fixed times if an when they occur.  This gets a bit confusing when explaining this to others that use the network.  They get confused when the network says that the break may occur at 29 or 58:45 but when scheduling the event times are different. 

I would like to be able to schedule the event at let's say at hh:29:00 and then have the option in the particular event to add a start and stop window time to look for the DTMF tone.  Or keep things the way they are, but have the DTMF checking frame time be so that if I set it for 10mins, the scheduled event that is scheduled to play by DTMF ONLY at hh:29:00 can play between 10mins prior and 10mins after the scheduled time.  Does this make sense?

Maybe I'm crazy here and being too picky.  I don't know, I'll leave that up to you!  I do thank you for the time and effort that you put into this program!!  Thanks

mike

Well, from time to time we do receive complaints about DTMF configuration, that it's not obvoius sometimes. Thanks for your insights too, this will be improved in one of the future updates.

Back