Scheduler

The daytime playlist plays when nothing else plays, so I keep that in the library, and the nighttime playlist on those certain days are in the scheduler limited to so long.

On Sunday from 7am to Thursday 7pm, along with 7am to 7pm on Friday and Saturday, my daytime list plays, along with any other time a playlist isn't scheduled.  Now if I do a show during the daytime playlist, then I set up a schedule for that separate program.

indieradionetwork said:
The daytime playlist plays when nothing else plays, so I keep that in the library, and the nighttime playlist on those certain days are in the scheduler limited to so long.
You can simulate an end of the night time playlist by scheduling an unexistent file playback (at 7am): create an event and enter anything in the "Filename/command" field (eg. 'Daytime'). Make sure that Remove previous schedule from the playlist and Run scheduled launch without waiting... options are set.
This will remove the night playlist and play tracks which remain in the playlist window.

But better approach would be to launch day/night and other playlist by schedule. This way you minimize the risk of having an empty playlist or situation when playlist ends.

Yeah, I'm not sure how to go about doing that when my one playlist plays for at least 132 hours a week whereas the night one only plays for 36 hours a week.

When I setup the nighttime one, I generated a playlist in playlist pro, did so many tracks in the first screen, then when I needed to add the tracks, I added what I had in the After Dark folder, which came out to like 260 songs, then I added it into the right side for like 215 tracks and hit generate, and with 215 songs, it came out to 12 hours, 2 minutes, and 15 seconds.  The whole folder itself was over 15 hours.

You can setup automatic playlist generation (so you'll get a new nigh playlist every night), as pety posted here: http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,3462.msg12926.html#msg12926

indieradionetwork said:
Yeah, I'm not sure how to go about doing that when my one playlist plays for at least 132 hours a week whereas the night one only plays for 36 hours a week.
To make sure the playlist never ends, turn on the Repeat List feature (bottom right corner).

Or I can create the two playlists, one for 7 days a week from 7am to 7pm, then create the After Dark to run Thursday through Saturday 7pm to 7am, and when it's not the day for After Dark, it keeps playing the day in the time slot on a day that is not scheduled for after dark.

indieradionetwork said:
Or I can create the two playlists, one for 7 days a week from 7am to 7pm, then create the After Dark to run Thursday through Saturday 7pm to 7am, and when it's not the day for After Dark, it keeps playing the day in the time slot on a day that is not scheduled for after dark.
Yes, if there are no scheduled playlists, it will play the day playlist. I think you should start setting things up and ask more specific questions, it will be easier to help.

Back