Some requests for future updates

xzsaimon16

1 SEARCH:
Will it be possible to add a mark (visual only) to identify recently played files in the search?

This is to help the search when searching, for example: when the "artist" or "Title" column is activated, the search is faster and thus does not always depend on the "last played" column.

Let this be configurable for days, hours.

Something similar to the following image:

1702578615809.png

(This image has some additional ideas to search.)

2 Track properties in music library:
Player in tag editor

This prevents you from having to leave the window and play the song to identify the genre when editing the tags in the music library. This is very useful for when you are editing a lot of tags and want to save time.

3 Cartwall:
Button to replay and stop in each frame of the cartwall

This helps to manually replay (example in short effects) and manually stop a frame. Currently it is limited since it stops when you press the box again and does not allow you to replay without stopping the effect

Example in the following image:

1702578299378.png

4: Modules:
Open only one module window at a time.

This is to avoid opening the "Playlist Generator" several times, for example. Since it has happened to me that I unconsciously open the module twice and when I save and exit it is saved, but the second time it also saves the changes, that is, the change is reverted. from the previous one. (this happens in the gen pro playlist)

5 Music Library/Tags:
The Possibility/option **If desired**, to set a default label to an entire folder. Something similar to assigning folders to file types.

This so that when music is added to a folder, the established label is automatically applied.

This is to help the search when searching, for example: when the "artist" or "Title" column is activated, the search is faster and thus does not always depend on the "last played" column.
Looks like Last Played column is a good solution for this - you can use it to sort tracks by the time when they were played.

2 Track properties in music library:
Player in tag editor
If you edit tracks one by one, you can use the Track Tool, it has prelisten capability, and also it's not modal (meaning you can in parallel access the Music Library window).

3 Cartwall:
Button to replay and stop in each frame of the cartwall

This helps to manually replay (example in short effects) and manually stop a frame. Currently it is limited since it stops when you press the box again and does not allow you to replay without stopping the effect
Separate buttons there doesn't look like a good solution, currently it's one bug button that's easy to use. I think this (restart) can be done e.g. in a right click menu, or Shift+Click, or maybe double click?

4: Modules:
Open only one module window at a time.

This is to avoid opening the "Playlist Generator" several times, for example. Since it has happened to me that I unconsciously open the module twice and when I save and exit it is saved, but the second time it also saves the changes, that is, the change is reverted. from the previous one. (this happens in the gen pro playlist)
Some users actually need to have several instances open, for various reasons. So if this is added, it needs to be an option. I'm not sure how useful it is though. You can see on the taskbar if the same item is open multiple times.

5 Music Library/Tags:
The Possibility/option **If desired**, to set a default label to an entire folder. Something similar to assigning folders to file types.

This so that when music is added to a folder, the established label is automatically applied.
RadioBOSS can't track (in real time) changing of a folder contents - the only way when it can detect changes/new files in a folder is when you use the makelibrary command - does adding auto-tagging there seems reasonable?

Looks like Last Played column is a good solution for this - you can use it to sort tracks by the time when they were played.
Ok I understand, but maybe in the future you can search with filters.
That is, search for example with columns: Genre, year, last played, at the same time?
Separate buttons there doesn't look like a good solution, currently it's one bug button that's easy to use. I think this (restart) can be done e.g. in a right click menu, or Shift+Click, or maybe double click?
Yes, I think that double clicking would be a good option
Some users actually need to have several instances open, for various reasons. So if this is added, it needs to be an option. I'm not sure how useful it is though. You can see on the taskbar if the same item is open multiple times.
In my case I use two screens.
In one the main window is open (full screen).
In the other the additional work area is used.

On the main screen the module opens (playlist gen pro) which when you click on the main window it is minimized, then again when you click on the module, a new window opens.

This is problematic for operators who do not fully know how RADIOBOSS works.

If it is added as an advanced option it would be fine.
RadioBOSS can't track (in real time) changing of a folder contents - the only way when it can detect changes/new files in a folder is when you use the makelibrary command - does adding auto-tagging there seems reasonable?
I understand

Ok I understand, but maybe in the future you can search with filters.
That is, search for example with columns: Genre, year, last played, at the same time?
This is possible in the Music Library. The Search window in RadioBOSS is small, there's no place to add any advanced filters.

On the main screen the module opens (playlist gen pro) which when you click on the main window it is minimized, then again when you click on the module, a new window opens.
If it's already open, it will be on a taskbar. Currently I'm not sure we need to do something about it from RadioBOSS, running multiple instances of Music Library or Playlist Generator is something people actually use.

This is possible in the Music Library. The Search window in RadioBOSS is small, there's no place to add any advanced filters.
Maybe it could be added to the tags window, or a similar button could be made that opens a new window or another option would also be an improvement to this window:
==>
1703252327305.png

Since at least in my case I almost never use it since I search only with artist/title/file name.

This advanced search helps a lot to filter the track view by genre, by year, properties, etc. At the same time using the last time column would help for a more precise search.

If it is possible to implement it. It would be great if the fields already configured in the music library could be read, for example: Genres, years, etc.

This is an idea ==>
1703252953231.png

Since an improvement for the follow bar was recently added. Is it possible to place a configurable track bar similar to the now playing one on the current track in the playlist? this only in the title column. Just like this example:
1703255166134.png

This as an option...

First of all, I would like to thank Sebastian Schwarz for his work on the translation into German
Nevertheless, I have edited the lang.ini a little and added missing translations and fixed a few minimal spelling mistakes
I have sent my lang file to the support

This advanced search helps a lot to filter the track view by genre, by year, properties, etc. At the same time using the last time column would help for a more precise search.
You can open the Music Library to perform advanced searches there. On your screenshot, it looks very complex and actually doesn't fit in the default search window in RadioBOSS. I think we should see what other users have to say about it.

Since an improvement for the follow bar was recently added. Is it possible to place a configurable track bar similar to the now playing one on the current track in the playlist? this only in the title column. Just like this example:
This information already presents at the top of the window and always visible - is there a use case for it? (I agree it looks "cool" but as to actual function of this, it's questionable).

This information already presents at the top of the window and always visible - is there a use case for it? (I agree it looks "cool" but as to actual function of this, it's questionable).
I did think about this idea since someone requested to hide the progress bar in "now playing". It would be a good alternative for those who want to hide it and not have the progress bar active. Additionally, it serves to have greater visibility of the track that is being played in the playlist.

I did think about this idea since someone requested to hide the progress bar in "now playing". It would be a good alternative for those who want to hide it and not have the progress bar active. Additionally, it serves to have greater visibility of the track that is being played in the playlist.
Thank you for the idea, but currently this doesn't seem like a good addition - maybe in the future. Progress bar at the top of the window makes more sense - it's always visible, and hiding it - why?

Thank you for the idea, but currently this doesn't seem like a good addition - maybe in the future. Progress bar at the top of the window makes more sense - it's always visible, and hiding it - why?
I get it, this is a suggestion for future improvements.

My personal opinion is that it would be a very good visual complement. That's why this software is great because customization is essential and always helps.

If it's already open, it will be on a taskbar. Currently I'm not sure we need to do something about it from RadioBOSS, running multiple instances of Music Library or Playlist Generator is something people actually use.
I think the solution would be that when you try to open a new window, "Radioboss" asks you if you want to open a new window.
Something like:
There is already a Playlist Gen Pro window running, do you want to open another one?

You can open the Music Library to perform advanced searches there. On your screenshot, it looks very complex and actually doesn't fit in the default search window in RadioBOSS. I think we should see what other users have to say about it.
Actually the fastest search since searching without using the music library. Since this option is blocked for some users (operators) who are not allowed to use the music library.
This way below is simpler if implemented.
Specifying in these fields would be a faster and more convenient solution.
1703615191809.png

Thanks for responding, happy holidays.

Last edited:
My personal opinion is that it would be a very good visual complement. That's why this software is great because customization is essential and always helps.
Yes, for now we'll wait what other users have to say about it.

I think the solution would be that when you try to open a new window, "Radioboss" asks you if you want to open a new window.
Something like:
There is already a Playlist Gen Pro window running, do you want to open another one?
I'll add this to the future improvements list for now, maybe it'll be added as an advanced option.

Specifying in these fields would be a faster and more convenient solution.
Thank you for the suggestion, noted for the future.

1:
I was asked if it was possible to center the hour mark.
and be able to change the font.
This is because they told me that it can be a bit confusing.
1705067405139.png

2:

Any possibility so that the time can be set to the starting point by having a musical background?

Since I have a pre-time jingle with the background music included, then I want to make the time play when I tell it to.

Currently you can only place the background music without being able to set a start point at the time and everything plays at the same time.

Not really because it uses column layout, I'm sorry.

Font color can be change in the File Type settings. Do you also want to change size and other parameters?
I understand.

Yes, I would like to customize the typography and also the possibility of writing or placing a special character to differentiate something a little more like: ---๐™ƒ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™ข๐™–๐™ง๐™ ๐™š๐™ง 3:00๐™ฅ๐™ข--- ~~๐™ƒ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™ข๐™–๐™ง๐™ ๐™š๐™ง 3:00๐™ฅ๐™ข~~ [๐™ƒ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™ข๐™–๐™ง๐™ ๐™š๐™ง 3:00๐™ฅ๐™ข ] <[๐™ƒ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™ข๐™–๐™ง๐™ ๐™š๐™ง 3:00๐™ฅ๐™ข ]> <๐™ƒ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ง ๐™ข๐™–๐™ง๐™ ๐™š๐™ง 3:00๐™ฅ๐™ข >

or just set the time ---3:00๐™ฅ๐™ข---

ยฟPuede por favor proporcionar mรกs informaciรณn al respecto?
Pensando, creo que serรญa mejor hacer esto:

Actualmente coloco 1 archivo que anuncia previamente la hora y es un archivo separado del anuncio de la hora.
1705149511214.png

Me gustarรญa que la hora previa se incluyera con el mismo anuncio de hora.

Attachments

• 1705148934238.png
    1705148934238.png
    11.8 KB · Views: 35
Back