Start of commercials after third song in the playlist.

Stijn Stevens

Helo,

I am using Radioboss for about 4 years for the production of my radio program on saterday evening.
I our radio studio we are using an automation program developed in the year 2000. it's named Carmen from a dutch developper.
RadioBoss is a lot better but with the commercial blocks I haven't found a solution, see below.
I that automation program it's possible to start de commercial block for example after the end of the third song in the playlist en also at the end just before the hour depending of the length of the commercial block. So the commercial block ends just before the start of the top of the hour.
How can I make this also happening with RadioBoss.

Regards,

Stijn Stevens.

I that automation program it's possible to start de commercial block for example after the end of the third song in the playlist en also at the end just before the hour depending of the length of the commercial block. So the commercial block ends just before the start of the top of the hour.
How can I make this also happening with RadioBoss.
You can schedule an event for e.g. xx:58:00 (two minutes before hour end) and it will play when the current music ends. There are also options to limit the waiting time, you can set it to like 2 minutes, then play. This will make an event start in xx:58:00-xx:02:00 interval, and between music tracks a track happens to end during this period.

Thanks for the information. This is not the right solution for us. I give you an example. The last commercial block time = 2 minutes and 15 seconds. In total 135 seconds. So the commercial block must start at xx:57:45 Then it ends just for the top of the hour.
In the ads scheduler you can only say the start time of a block. Maybe in the future you can add an end time setting in the ads scheduler.
Then you can make the choice when a block starts (standaard) or when a block must end. (optionel).

Friendly radio regards

In the ads scheduler you can only say the start time of a block. Maybe in the future you can add an end time setting in the ads scheduler.
Then you can make the choice when a block starts (standaard) or when a block must end. (optionel).
This is actually planned for the next major update - setting End time instead of Start time for scheduled events, this will also be available in Ads Scheduler.

Back