Start Time Calculation Bug

NounosSon

I believe I found a bug with the start time calculation in RadioBoss V5. Every time a new playlist is added into RadioBoss, it calculates the start times for each track. When a track finishes and the next track starts, a second or two gets added to the start times of all of the tracks in the playlist. Why is it doing this?

NounosSon said:
I believe I found a bug with the start time calculation in RadioBoss V5. Every time a new playlist is added into RadioBoss, it calculates the start times for each track. When a track finishes and the next track starts, a second or two gets added to the start times of all of the tracks in the playlist. Why is it doing this?
It's because Start Time calculation is not 100% precise due to various reasons. If you're using "Trigger Mix At" option in Crossfades or have Gap Killer activated, the Start Time will be adjusted each time a track starts.

djsoft said:
It's because Start Time calculation is not 100% precise due to various reasons. If you're using "Trigger Mix At" option in Crossfades or have Gap Killer activated, the Start Time will be adjusted each time a track starts.
I don't have the "Trigger Mix At" option in Crossfades or Gap Killer on. I tried running a basic playlist with no GapKiller or Crossfades on and the start times still changed after each song.

It'll be today, but the start time calculation problem won't be fixed completely there - we're still working on it.

NounosSon said:
What parts of it were fixed?
It's improved a bit, but still almost every song will change start times of next songs by a second (or even several seconds). It should be fixed in RB 5.0.2 update in February.

djsoft said:
NounosSon said:
What parts of it were fixed?
It's improved a bit, but still almost every song will change start times of next songs by a second (or even several seconds). It should be fixed in RB 5.0.2 update in February.

Was this fixed in the 5.0.2 update released yesterday?

No - this still requires more testing and research, therefore was not fixed yet. It's assigned to RB 5.0.3.

djsoft said:
No - this still requires more testing and research, therefore was not fixed yet. It's assigned to RB 5.0.3.

Awesome! Great! Thanks Dmitry :)

The 5.0.2 update did improve this issue. My playlists and start times are now more in sync.

NounosSon said:
The 5.0.2 update did improve this issue. My playlists and start times are now more in sync.
But it's still not perfect... The next update will improve things further :)

djsoft said:
NounosSon said:
When is the 5.0.3 update planned to be released?
Within a week or two.

The update really improved the Start Time Calculation. I can now import the playlists directly from StationPlaylist Creator into RadioBoss without editing or adjusting them to keep the start times in sync.  :) :)

NounosSon said:
The update really improved the Start Time Calculation.
Yes, I think now it should be near-perfect. Let me know if there are still any issues with it.

Back