STL LINK NEED (rate it)

radium98

Hi all members users of radioboss here we are going to open a request to rate it as need or dont need .
What about asking Dimitri for creating his own good software in parallel to other products of DJSOFT
the software is an STL link studio that support  advanced audio codecs with low internet consumption defeating very well known high price softwares that even arent good in the field and market so its an stl audio link

I would love a program to develop redundant links STL. over the Internet or private networks. :)

SureStream technology appears to be spectacular. (received awards at the IBC 2011).
It uses two internet connections and switches packets when there are problems.
But the cost of equipment is high.
http://www.aptcodecs.com/radio-products-32-135.html

I think I could quietly develop something similar via software.
And with that any PC with two network cards, would be a "Link STL" that can work thousands of miles away from study and transmission plant, and very reliability.

Anyway it is not something very easy to develop as they should build a lot of software.
BASS Libraries used in many programs to play audio may not be used .

radium98 , if you only need to transfer audio to another location, e.g. from a studio to transmitter, then you can use RadioBOSS's broadcasting feature to achieve it. RadioBOSS is broadcasting from the studio, and another RadioBOSS on transmitter end receiving it and sends to then transmitter. Is there any special feature you would like to be added? As it seems like RB already has everything what you need.

nelson c said:
SureStream technology appears to be spectacular. (received awards at the IBC 2011).
It can be achieved by software - without using any special hardware. Send two streams via different proxy servers and receive both streams on another end. If one (or even both) of the streams are corrupted, there's a high possibility that it will be possible to construct whole stream from two corrupted ones.
The only reason why we there's no system like this in RadioBOSS is that there's low demand for it. In most areas the Internet is reliable, fast and cheap.

djsoft said:
nelson c said:
It can be achieved by software - without using any special hardware. Send two streams via different proxy servers and receive both streams on another end. If one (or even both) of the streams are corrupted, there's a high possibility that it will be possible to construct whole stream from two corrupted ones.
The only reason why we there's no system like this in RadioBOSS is that there's low demand for it. In most areas the Internet is reliable, fast and cheap.
I understand. Argentina here we are sadly in third world countries and certainly our quality of connection is not the same as that of other countries. (eg you in russia)
Here we experience shows that even with the best intenet provider can achieve a link in 24hs a small packet loss occurs.
Maybe it is not a significant cut, but if a package is lost can not be recovered and a cut is made in the streaming.
I think for a FM link a much higher reliability, which is looking for a radio that broadcasts online.
In an Internet radio is more "Forgiven" the online streaming not work for a few moments.
In an FM radio that is behind a lot more important because there are a lot of people that radio is the only company while performing another task. and as a radio is a service, if the service is cut often, people seek alternative.
There are also commitments to advertisers that must be met, no one can tell you "I'm so sorry ... no advertising aired by a cut on internet"

Back