Super Slow Uploads to RB Cloud

the buzzz

Hi all - thanks in advance as quite honestly I'm getting a little fed up with RB palming off issues and their "there is nothing we can do" attitude. Since last week, uploading music,, or a complete pre-recorded show, is taking a huge amount of time. One song will take a minute - a full one-hour program (approx 75mB) is taking between 5-6mins!! I have checked with my isp provider, and my speeds, if anything, are quicker than what they were last year. RB "Support" tell me as I'm in Australia and my server is in Europe, there is nothing they'll be able to do!! Seriously?? We pay RadioBoss monthly and have been doing so for a few years...how are we supposed to fix a server issue?? Any suggestions will be welcomed. Anyone else experiencing this? Also, constant error messages when opening pages on Cloud + when we upload a track or program, then save the file via tag editor, that takes 30 secs to save. Never used to happen. Very frustrated and ready to find another provider.

RB "Support" tell me as I'm in Australia and my server is in Europe, there is nothing they'll be able to do!!
We can't really do anything about it because we don't have control over the connectivity between continents. What we can do: we do not limit upload speeds, and the port speed we order for our servers is at least 1Gbps which can be used in full when you upload. Of course it's shared between users on the same server, but it's actually rare case when there are multiple simultaneous uploads (I briefly checked traffic stats and see that port for upload has 90% free capacity 99% of the time).

Also, constant error messages when opening pages on Cloud + when we upload a track or program
This, also, indicates connectivity problems between you and our server. It's not necessarily caused by us or your connection, it can be somewhere in between.

Obviously, those "server issues" can't be fixed - because it is how it is and we don't have resources to add a new cable through the ocean to increase speeds. What you can try is to use a different server - located in the US. If you like to do so, please contact support and we'll arrange that.

We'll also consider adding a new location option in Australian region to deal with such kind of issues.

UPDATE inspecting support tickets, turns out that some users also have this problem. We'll investigate it in the details and if it's something wrong with RadioBOSS Cloud, and update will be issued to correct this.

Back