Best way to avoid title repeats

dan95

Hi,
I am still looking for a good solution to avoid repeats.

I am using the priority-rules, f.e. Increase priority by 50 for tracks when last played more than 40 days ago (see picture).

But the problem is that most of the songs in the playlist are about 2-3 weeks ago last played. The "more than 40 days ago" includes 2-3 months ago also, correct? Because I don't know how I can properly make RB to put songs last played from f.e. October or September in the playlist.

We are talking all in all about 8.000 songs that the Playlist Generator could pick. Sometimes I think this priority-thing does almost nothing. I also would prefer a filter function like: Priority increase by 50 for tracks that last played in MONTH soandso.

Has anyone a good idea what I must set different or can recommend / share settings?

Here is an example from one of my current settings:
1704844801825.png

Or is it better when I make more specific rules, f.e. one for "last played more than 40 days ago" AND a seperate one "last played more than 70 days ago"?

Last edited:
Or is it better when I make more specific rules, f.e. one for "last played more than 40 days ago" AND a seperate one "last played more than 70 days ago"?
It can be better, yes. But please note that the rules stack up. E.g. if you have a rule "last played >20 days ago" and another rule ""last played >50 days ago", then for a track that was played 60 days ago, both rules will apply.

Back