Time Announcement

Conway

Is there any way to have the time announce the minutes only and not the hour? Something like 'it's 20 after the hour' or 'it's the top of the hour'.. Makes it much more relevant to all time zones listening in.

Conway said:
Is there any way to have the time announce the minutes only and not the hour? Something like 'it's 20 after the hour' or 'it's the top of the hour'.. Makes it much more relevant to all time zones listening in.
There are time zones that differ by 30 minutes - so this will still not work everywhere :)

You can do it using the filename macro feature: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/scheduler_options.htm

1. Record the files for all the minutes you want to announce. Name them so that they include the minute in the file name, e.g. minute20.mp3 for 20-th minute of the hour. Place all those files in the folder, for instance, C:\Time.
2. Create a scheduled event(s) that will launch when you need to announce the minutes. In the Filename field enter the following:
C:\Time\minute?nn.mp3 - this way it will select the appropriate minute file from the folder.

I was able to do this with the RadioBoss time announcement feature doing the following.

Create "empty" hrsxx.mp3 files (xx is 00 ... 23) and create the minxx.mp3 files (xx is 00 ... 59) with your minute announcements.

When played only the minute file audio is heard and there is no noticeable delay.

I used Audacity to create the "empty" hrsxx.mp3 files with a small generated silence of .001 seconds.

I would think most audio programs capable of creating an .mp3 file would also work to create the "empty" hrsxx.mp3 files.

Back