TTS | TEASER Force Playlist name?

EndoSkull

Hello,
Things were going pretty well - but I just ran into an issue - I can't seem to find away to force a teaser or tts event to set an entry in the nowplaying.txt file.
Is there any way I can do this?

I'm using playlist names to fire events in OBS.
Thanks
-Endo

Good news and bad news...

I found the File Type for Teaser and TTS.
And it does seem to identify the track file types.

However, it DOES NOT set the file name to the custom name.

Please confirm BUG or user issue? I also tried setting it to treat as a voice track -still didn't work - and when the teaser or tts is played - the NOWPLAYING.txt file is empty

Thanks
-Endo

Did you check what title is actually saved to the file? Please also specify what RadioBOSS version do you use.

Did you check what title is actually saved to the file? Please also specify what RadioBOSS version do you use.
I'm using the current version.

Saved to which file?
If you mean the NowPlaying.txt it is not.
If there is another file - where would the location be?

When the TTS file type is triggered - or the Teaser Filetype is trigger - the color the tracks as they should. However, the contents of the NowPlaying.txt is replaced with empty contents - this only happens with these 2 file type generated playlists.

All my other playlists using music etc add the custom title name.

This happens with the Teasers as well.
Thanks
-Endo

Attachments

• tts.png
    tts.png
    44 KB · Views: 202
It turns out, it's like this by design. It skips the nowplaying file update for DTMF tone generator, commands, text tom speech, teaser, and automatic time announcements.

That doesn't make any sense.
If you have the option to create a custom title for a file type and the user uses it - then it should function as expected.
Is there any way to get these features to write a custom title to the file?
Thanks
-Endo

Titles for such items were not sent before the custom file types and custom titles were introduced. In the next version we'll make it send titles for those items, I agree this limitations now doesn't make a lot of sense.

Great thanks so much for responding. Hopefully, it will make it into your next update - as I'll be using that feature for automating OBS screens.
Thanks!

Back