Weather announcements

jopara

Hello, I haven't written here in a while. All the best.

You see, these days I am implementing the weather announcements and I have a big doubt with the name of the wind. How can you use this? That is to say, I must record the wind condition as "Light Breeze", for example... but not what other characteristics the "?wind_name" command has and when each of them will air.

That is, if the wind name is "Light Breeze", when will it be called, when is it 6,7,20... km/h or when?

And another question, how can you also implement the sky state, that is, if there are clouds, clear, cloudy...?

Thank you

That is, if the wind name is "Light Breeze", when will it be called, when is it 6,7,20... km/h or when?
If you want to announce wind type based on wind speed, you can either decide yourself what is considered as "Light" or find some general information about it. From technical point of view, you can do it like this: for each speed value, copy the corresponding wind name file, e.g.
1.mp3
2.mp3
... up to e.g. 6.mp3 - all the same file saying Light Breeze
And do it the same for all other ranges of wind speeds.

Good, it works correctly.
Now I have another question.
The weather in Accuweather and openweather does not coincide with what we have in our city, for example the temperature differs by up to 5 degrees Celsius at some hours of the day.
I have been testing other weather websites and the one that comes closest is weather.com, since it collects information from nearby weather stations in the city itself (the weather station is 1km from the location of the radio stadiums). So this is the most accurate.
Likewise, I have observed that this meteorological website indicates the meteorological ratio in this case: "PCE-FWS 20 climatological meter". A weather station that, for just over €150, could be paid for with income from advertiser sponsorships.

Well, sorry for all the nonsense, but I'm really somewhat obsessed with this section of Radioboss.

Is it possible to collect the data from weather.com in some way?
Is it possible to collect data directly from a weather station like the one I have shown in the example?
Is there any possibility, and if any, how to write the weather data from another source other than openweather or accuweather?

I have not seen information about it on the forum or on Radioboss about this.

Thank you

Is there any possibility, and if any, how to write the weather data from another source other than openweather or accuweather?
Yes, there is, if you're OK to write some scripts. When you run the weather command in RadioBOSS, it retrieves the data and saves it to the "weather.ini" file located in Settings folder, in the Temp subfolder (you can open it from the Settings menu).

So the idea is: run the weather command one time (so that it creates the weather.ini file), then do not run weather command any more. Make your own script change the contents of the weather.ini file from the data you have.

Back