Weather update limit?

malejandrodev

When I start RadioBoss (5.5 beta), weather update is done successfully. But next updates do nothing. The last weather info is permanent (even changing locations). Is there any time limit between updates?

Sorry for my English. This is a translation from Google Translate (and 20% from me).

Yes, you shouldn't request weather updates too often. One request an hour (or two hours) should be enough. otherwise the weather site may block you, especially if you request weather data too often.

djsoft said:
Yes, you shouldn't request weather updates too often. One request an hour (or two hours) should be enough. otherwise the weather site may block you, especially if you request weather data too often.

Ok. What happens when there are multiple instances open? Does the limit come sooner? Is it possible to use a personal key API? Are there plans to use your own data source?

Yes, when using multiple instances the limit will come sooner. You can reduce the rate at which each instance gets weather updates. We'll add possibility to use own API keys if this problem becomes "popular".

Being able to use an openweather api, simply makes sense.  Unfortunately because of the intermittent issues I've been experiencing with pulling openweather data inside radioboss, I had to build a script that scrapes weather info from another weather website.  I can reliably pull api data from openweather from outside sources, but I can't reliably pull weather data through radioboss >75% of the time 24/7.

Please note that you shouldn't update weather data very often. 3-4 times a day should be enough. If you update too often, Openweathermap will block you. In the future we'll add possibility to change weather provider.

Back