DJSoft.Net
English Deutsch Espanol Русский
RadioBOSS
RadioBOSS makes automating your broadcast to the world, your business or shop professional, simple, affordable, reliable.
Read MoreDownloadBuy Now

Author Topic: RadioBOSS 4.8 [beta]  (Read 163127 times)

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
Re: RadioBOSS 4.8 [beta]
« Reply #330 on: February 28, 2013, 08:15:31 AM »
on purpose there is a bug in the sound settings:
I'm using 3 sound cards:
1 - Air
2 - Wall Cart
3 - PFL
Each output is assigned a sound card, in any case I have assigned "out default windows"
every time I change the default sound card (I do use other programs for editing files), when I restart RadioBOSS, the outputs are changed, eg
3 - Air
1 - Wall Cart
2 - PFL

djsoft

• Administrator
    • http://www.djsoft.net
« Reply #331 on: February 28, 2013, 01:18:37 PM »
RadioBOSS binds sound cards by index. When you change the default sound card, indexes are changed.

It's possible to bind cards by Driver ID or something but I'm not sure... It's a rare case when people change default sound cards (but I could be wrong).
Dmitry  •  DJSoft.Net Team  •  Email: support@djsoft.net

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #332 on: February 28, 2013, 01:21:49 PM »
RC skins are very good, is it possible to incorporate in RB 4.9 or 5?
It would also be good so that users can create skins generating images. in order to have total control over the interface.
I think it will be possible to include skins in the future. Skin engine allows to download more skins and create own. I'll see and maybe this will be added in 4.9.

The new function to change settings without restarting sound is very good news, but I do not need to stop and in the future need to have a "virtual mixer" mode to control the microphone, the audio generally, the cart wall, etc. and select the option to monitor pre listen any desired output easily.
Well, any kind of virtual mixer is still not as good as a hardware mixer. Currently there are no plans on including a virtual mixer in RB...

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #333 on: February 28, 2013, 01:40:41 PM »
RadioBOSS binds sound cards by index. When you change the default sound card, indexes are changed.

It's possible to bind cards by Driver ID or something but I'm not sure... It's a rare case when people change default sound cards (but I could be wrong).
Yes, I personally do not change the default output, only a few exceptions I use winamp.
perhaps the most common case is when you insert a USB soundcard.
The Stand Alone version of Stereo Tool, I have seen that works for Driver ID, and I think this is much more stable.
for example in the preset program configuration is stored as follows:
Device ID = speakers (M-Audio Revolution 5
and it seems much more stable.

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #334 on: February 28, 2013, 01:52:11 PM »
RC skins are very good, is it possible to incorporate in RB 4.9 or 5?
It would also be good so that users can create skins generating images. in order to have total control over the interface.
I think it will be possible to include skins in the future. Skin engine allows to download more skins and create own. I'll see and maybe this will be added in 4.9.
Great, thanks!

Quote (selected)
The new function to change settings without restarting sound is very good news, but I do not need to stop and in the future need to have a "virtual mixer" mode to control the microphone, the audio generally, the cart wall, etc. and select the option to monitor pre listen any desired output easily.
Well, any kind of virtual mixer is still not as good as a hardware mixer. Currently there are no plans on including a virtual mixer in RB...
Not argue that, the hardware mixer will always be better than a software solution, but would be useful for when doing outdoor streaming broadcasts, and not have a external mixer. is not critical, but I think that in the future would be nice to have this feature.

take the opportunity to ask if RB will be implemented as follows:
RB-Remote Access
player-assistant
- Album cover

Thanks

DJSTU

« Reply #335 on: February 28, 2013, 10:23:48 PM »
(1) I've tried programs like Sam Broadcaster, and the arrangement of windows is most complicated and messy.
(2) I personally like the interface radioboss, (but not skin) .
(3) I enclose two skins I found on google I liked.
Also this good about being able to hear the air by selecting headphones for example.
(1) Agree with you on Sam. Way too complicated and busy. Not a good choice to emulate.
(2) Skins are a good start, especially if nothing else is mooted at this stage. Choices of skins on RadioCaster are excellent. I would be happy to accept skins as a way of getting us to better graphics.
(3) I like that Livestream mixer skin...looks excellent. Excellent idea about the button for headphones too.
Don't like Harddata. Once again too messy and overdone visually.

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #336 on: March 01, 2013, 04:35:15 AM »
nelson c
Yes, USB sound cards become more and more popular. We'll change the way sound cards are initialized to use driver ID.

RB-Remote Access
player-assistant
- Album cover
Yes for 1 and 3. What do you mean by "player-assistant"? Probably it's been added too, but named differently :)

(2) Skins are a good start, especially if nothing else is mooted at this stage. Choices of skins on RadioCaster are excellent. I would be happy to accept skins as a way of getting us to better graphics.
OK, experimental skin support will be added in RB 4.9.

Excellent idea about the button for headphones too.
What headphones button should do, play the On-Air output to PFL?

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #337 on: March 01, 2013, 12:20:36 PM »
(1) I've tried programs like Sam Broadcaster, and the arrangement of windows is most complicated and messy.
(2) I personally like the interface radioboss, (but not skin) .
(3) I enclose two skins I found on google I liked.
Also this good about being able to hear the air by selecting headphones for example.
(1) Agree with you on Sam. Way too complicated and busy. Not a good choice to emulate.
(3) I like that Livestream mixer skin...looks excellent. Excellent idea about the button for headphones too.
Don't like Harddata. Once again too messy and overdone visually.

To me, I can not think of a better way to optimize the interface, if the interface is through windows, will end up being a disaster like Sam.
I think the most important thing for now is to have several skins, I agree that RadioCaster like ADS Scheduler (even more variety), have very good skin I would like Esten in RadioBOSS.

nelson c
Yes, USB sound cards become more and more popular. We'll change the way sound cards are initialized to use driver ID.
If this will be the best option

Quote (selected)
RB-Remote Access
player-assistant
- Album cover
Yes for 1 and 3. What do you mean by "player-assistant"? Probably it's been added too, but named differently :)
Sorry, I had a translation error, I meant if these things will be implemented in RadioBOSS 4.9.
For the second, I meant auxiliary player.
In this regard I have a suggestion, the player is annoying cueing him as a window that overlays the main window, maybe a good option would be to have it incorporated into the program interface, and using a button to select the output pre Preview or air outlet.
Quote (selected)
OK, experimental skin support will be added in RB 4.9.
This is great news!.
Quote (selected)
Excellent idea about the button for headphones too.

I think @DJSTU concerns the possibility to listen to the air outlet for headphones (is what I requested)

I'm looking forward to the release of RB 4.9 :D
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 12:30:04 PM by nelson c »

DJSTU

« Reply #338 on: March 02, 2013, 07:56:26 PM »
Without having the software and knowing the exact specifics of its operation, it most certainly will be a 2nd bus, which could more than likely be for PFL.

The quality of graphics of that mixer is first class. I am getting more keen on trying software like this out, particularly now touch screens are becoming more common.
We won't reach our optimum I don't think until we start to see a lot more availability of OLED type monitors.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 08:03:38 PM by DJSTU »

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #339 on: March 03, 2013, 01:47:38 AM »
Without having the software and knowing the exact specifics of its operation, it most certainly will be a 2nd bus, which could more than likely be for PFL.
By PFL I mean the Pre-listen device. So you can pre-listen tracks, and listen to station output by pressing Headphone button.

The quality of graphics of that mixer is first class. I am getting more keen on trying software like this out, particularly now touch screens are becoming more common.
We won't reach our optimum I don't think until we start to see a lot more availability of OLED type monitors.
I agree, it looks really good. Of course, not everyone likes dark UI's, but it definitely should be added as an option :) I think we can achieve something like this in RB.

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #340 on: March 03, 2013, 02:25:25 AM »
nelson c
I'm not sure that AUX players will be added in RB 4.9 - this is planned, and will be added in one of the future versions.

Regarding popup player, maybe you're right... But currently I don't know a good place on the main window where it can be placed.

DJSTU

« Reply #341 on: March 05, 2013, 04:52:24 AM »
By PFL I mean the Pre-listen device. So you can pre-listen tracks, and listen to station output by pressing Headphone button.
We are only seeing a part of the photo, plus not having knowledge of its operation. So its somewhat guessing based on experience.
PFL - Pre Fader Listen
would be its most likely use. BUT only for the fader it is on.
We can't see it in the photo, but I imagine there will also be headphone buttons for Monitor and Main Output too.....further to the right.
It appears to be emulating all the normal functions of an external mixing desk. Would work with multi-input and output soundcards and/or USB ones, whether they be singular or multi.
Would also need to work in a software situation only with say VAC as a choice too.
Probably other options too that could be used. For example Skype Input/Output.
Maybe others can chip in too with their suggestions, since its hard to keep up with all the new choices available these days.

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #342 on: March 07, 2013, 03:57:07 AM »
We'll add such a button in RB: listen what's on air on the prelisten device.
A new color scheme (a dark one) will be added as well as I see not everyone likes the current one...

Laffyette

« Reply #343 on: March 18, 2013, 06:02:15 PM »
Can you make it so I can schedule shows to play at a particular time daily without it playing the entire playlist. I have 20 shows set in a playlist to play everyday @ 8am but it started playing all the shows all day when all I wanted was 1 to play randomly @ 8am.

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #344 on: March 19, 2013, 01:29:48 AM »
Can you make it so I can schedule shows to play at a particular time daily without it playing the entire playlist. I have 20 shows set in a playlist to play everyday @ 8am but it started playing all the shows all day when all I wanted was 1 to play randomly @ 8am.
Yes, it's possible. Create scheduler event, click Wizard button and select "Play one track from playlist/folder" and follow instructions.