RadioBOSS 4.8 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update RadioBOSS 4.8.0.1
All reported bugs were fixed.

Download
http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_4.8_beta.exe?4801

Regarding beta tester keys. The keys don't work in version 4.8.0.0, please download the latest version 4.8.0.1 and key will be accepted.

Only if you want. I would like a litle font size increase for clock from the left ?

Search tab in RB 4.8 seems only to look for music libraries in the default directory -- it ignores the music library file and directory specified in the general settings.

Music Library does not let me to set my own path for Libraries. I set my own Base.xml in My Documents\Libraries, but in Control Panel -> Search is not any Library.

I know that RB 4.7.7.1 let me to set my own path (location) for Library. That is good, becouse I want to have in one central folder all my folders and files to manage playlists, libraries, etc., etc.

Hi

I can see in setting that the font can be changed for the countdown clock - but I cannot see the clocks themselves ?? do I need to enable them somewhere?

V4.8.0.1

Attachments

• RB1.JPG
    RB1.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 881
dashford, pety
Yes, it only looks for .xml files in the default folder. Why doesn't anyone like the default folder?  ???
A setting will be added to set the library folder.

dave-t said:
I can see in setting that the font can be changed for the countdown clock - but I cannot see the clocks themselves ?? do I need to enable them somewhere?
It looks like you're using high DPI mode, and that causes problems. This will be fixed soon.

Action Radio 95.1 said:
i can't seem to download the new version of 4.8.0.1. it's a non executable file
You can use this link:
http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_4.8_beta.exe
What browser are you using? All major ones (latest versions) download the file correctly...

pety said:
I would like a litle font size increase for clock from the left ?
As you see there's no much space to increase the font... I think we'll better leave it as it is for now :)

New BUG:
Occurred with a list, a song was always selected. The solution was to restart Radio boss (view capture screen)

I remember old Bugs:
* No Function "Remove from list to play"
* To maximize and minimize register window returns to its original position.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 2 selected.png
    2 selected.png
    53.2 KB · Views: 926
These comments are from the view of a simple basic user setup, with no streaming..

One of the things that I like about RadioBOSS, in addition to its great features and interface is how easy it is to get it up and running.  :)  Without a lot of reading most new users should be able to get the program working by loading some music files into the Main play window. It is also very easy to add announcements with the scheduler. This gets you going while you learn other features of the program.

So far, there is one things that I am having problems with.. (excuse me if I have missed the way to do this)

I understand that there is likely a way to handle this in a script file - play list.. but that is for later after one has learned more. For now can there be an easier way? For some this may satisfy their needs

Short files such as a station ID (2.3 sec) do not play properly. Fade in/fade out make them useless. The audio level was almost too low to be heard and the ends are cut off.

Trying to solve this I almost eliminated the fading/cross fading. For my easy going format an occasional short delay between song is not as much a problem as loosing a short announcement. (The default fading was not acceptable to me anyway as it cuts too much of the end and beginning of songs.)

Even pretty well eliminating cross fading did not solve this problem.    Setting: Fade in 0.5 / Fade out 0.5 / Mix point 0.0.

I have checked "Do not crossfade short tracks"  - this doe not make any difference.

I also played with padding the beginning and end of the file with extra dead space. It helps but should not be necessary.

What solve this but not a proper fix was totally eliminating Cross fade, by un-ticking Fade in, Fade out & Mix point.

Would it be possible to add some options for setting the scheduled event that would allow setting a hard rule on how the file should be played.. ie NO fading - pause music play until finished.. etc.?

------------
Program install

RadioBOSS install is fast and simple using it's default settings... it just happens.

but..

we do not all want the program's various folders spread around in the users folders on drive C:, using more or less the Microsoft arrangement for files. I for one do not want everything on drive C: with the operating system.

I prefer to leave the OS on it's on drive and have important programs and their data on another drive. This make it much easier to manage and for backing up only the program and data.

So for some the current install, folder setup is fine but how about an install wizard that is optional. For those who select the default install, it goes away. For those who would like more control on file and folder locations the wizard could walk a new user through the process explain what folders were needed, what for etc and let you select the location.

Even this could have a Simple and more Advanced choice. Simple could be just create a folder on drive X: and put all RadioBOSS data folders in there. Advanced.. the user can decide where each folder goes.. every install is different so here we have options. This way would be a lot faster and easier then having to go through the program after the install and make changes to suit what you  want.

Enough for now..  ;)

Casey

Casey 
You said
"Short files such as a station ID (2.3 sec) do not play properly. Fade in/fade out make them useless. The audio level was almost too low to be heard and the ends are cut off."

Under the Crossfades screen you will see File Types listed.  You might want to try adding some file types like Jingle, ID, etc to these.  Make sure to leave the Mix point and Fade out unchecked and thier times left at 0 sec.  Now the important thing is that the files name itself must contain the name of the file type...like Jingle, Legal ID, etc.  Now when the scheduler plays them it will read the file name and can see they have no fade.  This is how it works for me.  Hope this helps. 

David

Casey
Thanks for your input!
You should use File Types to achieve what you need. In addition to David's answer, here's user manual page about File Types: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/using_different_types_of_files.htm

Regarding folders, maybe you're right. From time to time people complain about using the AppData folder (especially that Voice Tracks and Libraries being stored there)... But it's the correct way to store the settings under Windows, and we're following MS guidelines. It will be possible to change settings folder in the future, in one of 4.8 updates.

Currently you can make RB store setting in its own folder: just delete the uid.ini file. It won't work if program is installed in Program Files (because of securrity restrictions), so you should install it somewhere else, eg. D:\RadioBOSS.

nelson c said:
New BUG:
Occurred with a list, a song was always selected. The solution was to restart Radio boss (view capture screen)
Please give more info on this one.

nelson c said:
There's a feature to delete tracks after playback, turned on via Playlist menu. Or you mean something else?

nelson c said:
Yes, it's a known bug, and it's in the queue to be fixed.

nelson c said:
New BUG:
Please give more info on this one.
Hint'm selected in the list and was able to remove the selection (as if pressing the Control key on the track). did not affect anything, just that he could not deselect that track.
if it happens again maybe capture a video to understand me better.
nelson c said:
There's a feature to delete tracks after playback, turned on via Playlist menu. Or you mean something else?

Sorry for the bad translation. I mean that in a few versions ago it stopped working

nelson c said:
Yes, it's a known bug, and it's in the queue to be fixed.
Ok, I hope they fix it son  :)

With regard to the import of m3u, half library, will be soon?

There are plans to launch weather announcements, aux players before they finalize this beta?

Thanks

nelson c
Well, if it's only selection problem, I don't think it's a big deal... But I've never seen this problem before myself nor there was similar reports.

Regarding the "Remove after playback" - this feature works fine, check the PLaylist->Queue mode.

Importing .m3u/.m3u8 files to the library will be in 4.8.0.3, weather/hour announcements should also appear in this Beta too. AUX players are planned for the future updates, eg. 4.8.4 or maybe 4.9.

djsoft said:
nelson c
Well, if it's only selection problem, I don't think it's a big deal... But I've never seen this problem before myself nor there was similar reports.

Regarding the "Remove after playback" - this feature works fine, check the PLaylist->Queue mode.

Importing .m3u/.m3u8 files to the library will be in 4.8.0.3, weather/hour announcements should also appear in this Beta too. AUX players are planned for the future updates, eg. 4.8.4 or maybe 4.9.

Ok, great! makes me happy that so much development! :)

Regarding Queue mode something strange happens:In my notebook works perfect, but in the main pc radio does not work (just tried the default profile and does not work)

I seem to be having issues with the license key

RB crashed when I ran a schedule - probably my fault because I asked it to generate 360 hours of music!

It restarted fine but did not remember that I had regisered a licence key and asked for one to be entered. It looks like it has re-started several times as I only have 30 Tries left ?

I cannot see anything in the log at the bottom left to indicate why it is re-starting - unless it is simply timing out after 5 hours and re-starting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back