• English
  • Deutsch
  • Español
  • Русский
Professional Radio Automation at a price you can afford.Professional Radio Automation at a price you can afford.
RadioBOSS box
RadioBOSS makes automating your broadcast to the world, your business or shop professional, simple, affordable, reliable.

Author Topic: RadioBOSS 4.8 [beta]  (Read 179253 times)

pety

Re: RadioBOSS 4.8 [beta]
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2012, 01:23:21 AM »
djsoft

Quote (selected)
I think it will be easier to open your regular browser there.
Of course it is easy to open a browser in a second monitor. But not this is the point. Let me give you some reasonings.

First of all if user increase the font size the RB become very "compressed" with a cuneiform written . That mean that RB looks like raw-head and bloody bones. I checked that to a display by 19 inch.

Second one. Not the browser is my first option for Work Zone 2, but the SEARCH tool. Browser just looks nice, that is why I choose it to be shown.

Now we have tree panels but WZ2 in that conditions (increasing font size) is useless.

Update!

Third reason is personal (emotional). I want to boast with RB's functionalities.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 01:41:37 AM by pety »

djsoft

• Administrator
    • http://www.djsoft.net
« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2012, 02:05:37 AM »
It looks fine on 1920x1080 and higher resolutions (see screenshot).

Also you can temporarily turn on/off the left panel by clicking Ctrl+L.
Dmitry  •  DJSoft.Net Team  •  Email: support@djsoft.net

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2012, 02:08:44 AM »
Hello, as you can import lists .M3U to music library?
Not yet, but it will be added pretty soon.

-Error: DTMF tones using the ADS Scheduler running all commercial blocks simultaneously without following the schedule. as used to replace commercial streaming links should perhaps allow a range of one or two minutes late, or maybe play the closest event.
Yes, it'll be like this... DTMF checking will be tied to event start time somehow.

-When you use the "Overlay Playback" and used play all tracks in a folder, does not work (if it works in playlists).
Thanks for reporting this one, will be fixed.

pety

« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2012, 02:13:56 AM »
It looks fine on 1920x1080 and higher resolutions (see screenshot).

Also you can temporarily turn on/off the left panel by clicking Ctrl+L.
I think you are joking an I am very serious. You have in image no playlist, no track in Main no font-size increase. I will send you ours imager later.

Do you know? There is no problem if you can't do it. I can understand if it is a task over your skills.

Casey

« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2012, 03:43:00 AM »
RadioBOSS 4.8.0.3 crash

I had a crash with RB tonight, unfortunately there were no error reports or messages
to capture.

I had a total program lock up.. At the top of the program window was "program not responding".
This may not be of any help but figured I should pass it along.

The crash is likely a result of my making hardware changes while RB was running. On the other hand if this caused RB to lock up, wouldn't be better if the program gave an error and let you fix the problem?  If it's a windows fault, not much can be done..  :(

So here is what happened. I plugged in a USB sound card. Shortly after RB crashed totally. I had no control of anything and had to stop the program via the task manager.

I forgot about windows bad habit of decided a USB sound device should become the default soundcard.  (Microsoft has windows does this by default.) This likely caused a problem with RB accessing the selected sound card.. Maybe caused it to panic and crash??

This could also happen if someone decides to plug in their USB headphones, on the fly..

After rebooting and making changes to the playback devices I was was able to get RB running again with two soundcards.

Problems - Using two soundcards..

1) - I have the On Air music audio coming out of both sound cards.. This is correct as far as the
description in the manual. "In addition to the Main soundcard, RadioBOSS can output the same signal to another sound card."

There was one time I ran RB that the On Air audio did not come through the monitor speakers. PreListen worked fine on the monitor soundcard and On air audio was ok on the main sound card.  The next time I rebooted it was back the same as before.. No Idea why this happened..

2) - How do I turn off or turn down the "On Air" audio on the monitor soundcard? 

I tried clicking on the mute speaker icon on the menu bar, this seemed like a logical thing to do. (Not well explained in the manual)  This does not work for this purpose as it mutes both the On Air and Monitor audio.

The PreListen audio plays with both with and without mute pressed. There would be time when you may not what to hear the on air audio and if you use mute you are off the air.

3) - When you press the Mic button, the monitor audio should mute. (That's the way it was at any stations where I worked. You don't really what to hear yourself or have feedback.)

The Mic button does not mute the monitor audio.. should it?  If not, can this be added?

Summary
- Prelisten works on the monitor soundcard but is always mixed with the On Air music. 
- Mute button mutes both on air and monitor audio. 
- The correct feed is going to the transmitter from the main soundcard.
- Only the Monitor soundcard is having problem. 
- Mic does not mute On Air audio to monitor soundcard.

I've experimented with all the settings but have not found the solution yet.

Disable local echo

- What is Disable local echo Suppose to do? 
   With this selected the microphone is disabled.

I hope this is useful, I've been experimenting and testing for many hours today!  :)

Casey..

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2012, 08:12:53 AM »
I think you are joking an I am very serious. You have in image no playlist, no track in Main no font-size increase. I will send you ours imager later.

Do you know? There is no problem if you can't do it. I can understand if it is a task over your skills.
No jokes :) I just made a quick printscreen on one of the test machines. But it's really a screen resolution issue - 1920x1080 has 1:8 ratio, while 1440x900 is just 1:6, eg. 1980 monitor is wider and therefore has more horizontal space.
It's not a 'skill' problem, it's a question if we need to do it or not...  Stretching one window on 2 screens is not a good idea. It won't look good. Especially if screens have different resolutions.
But I suddenly think there may be a good solution: make 'Zone2' detachable, eg. it will be inside its own, separate window, and you can move it wherever you need.

Casey
Thanks for reporting the hardware changing problem. This will be checked.
Do you use WASAPI driver for Main and Monitor devices?
There's no volume control for Monitor sound card.

Regarding the Mute feature, it's implemented as DSP (so it affects everything where this stream is played), as opposed to Volume control, which controls only sound card output level. I think Mute button will be removed as I don't see any use for it. And I don't recall why it was added to the program...

MIC button doesn't mute the audio, and I think this can be added. Another users requested the same before.

- Prelisten works on the monitor soundcard but is always mixed with the On Air music. 
Yes if you have Monitor and Prelisten set to the same device, those will be mixed. Probably the program should check it and mute On Air when you prelisten a track...

- What is Disable local echo Suppose to do? 
   With this selected the microphone is disabled.
With this option on you won't hear microphone through speakers, but if you have broadcasting encoders set, your listeners will hear what you say.
This is a feature for Internet-radio only.

I hope this is useful, I've been experimenting and testing for many hours today!  :)
Yes, thank you very much for sharing experiment results. It helps making software better.

pety

« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2012, 09:16:04 AM »
djsoft
Quote (selected)
make 'Zone2' detachable

That is a good ideea too (but, in my opinion, not better). I still think that it will be great that WZ2 can be open in second monitor. For us that will be great, but if your decision is : "Stretching one window on 2 screens is not a good idea. It won't look good  ??? " we cannot do anything. You can decide that is your software, of course. Maybe if someone else likes my ideea you will reconsider your position.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 09:17:41 AM by pety »

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2012, 09:29:21 AM »
I agree with Dmitry!, Also if WZ2 removable, can be dragged to a second monitor. perhaps the idea is like this: you have the main screen on a second monitor, and since the former can use any Windows application besides WZ2, or for example "Sigue editor"

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #98 on: November 29, 2012, 09:53:04 AM »
pety
I just checked, and I was able to stretch window across two monitors with 1920x1080 resolution :) Don't use maximize button as it will maximize window on the current screen. Manually resize it.
Please see screenshot.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 09:58:34 AM by djsoft »

pety

« Reply #99 on: November 29, 2012, 10:06:43 AM »
Interesting! I will check myself too. Thanks Dmitry and nelson.

dave-t

• For The Music We Have Lived
    • Radio 45 Gold
« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2012, 11:41:25 AM »
Re licence code issue .........

No issues at present simply because RB has not had to re-start itself  :) Manual shutting down and re-starting never was a problem.

Shcedule gernation is working really well now - great work guys  8)
Regards
Dave

Web:-      www.radio45gold.co.uk
Twitter: - @Radio45Gold

dave-t

• Radio 45 Gold
« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2012, 05:36:46 PM »
Found a strange one in the Musical Library

If you select a number of tacks and edit something like artist, Genre, Gender it either corrupts or removes any album artwork for MP3 files ::) It does NOT do the same with FLAC files !
Regards
Dave

Casey

« Reply #102 on: November 29, 2012, 09:59:24 PM »
Do you use WASAPI driver for Main and Monitor devices?
There's no volume control for Monitor sound card.

Yes I am using the WASAPI driver for both.

I have a hardware volume control on my Monitor sound card.  :)

FYI>>  This is what I am using for the monitor soundcard. A cheap and easy way for anyone to add a second soundcard.
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/USB-2-0-3D-Virtual-7-1-Channel-Audio-Sound-Card-Adapter-/221118472683?pt=US_Sound_Card_External&hash=item337bb021eb

Quote (selected)
I think Mute button will be removed as I don't see any use for it. And I don't recall why it was added to the program...

Instead of removing it, could it be made to only mute the On Air audio from going to the monitor sound card?
With a full radio station setup this would be done with a switch or pot on the board. I can see many time were this would be useful.

Quote (selected)
MIC button doesn't mute the audio, and I think this can be added. Another users requested the same before.

This would be excellent!

Quote (selected)
Yes if you have Monitor and Prelisten set to the same device, those will be mixed.
Probably the program should check it and mute On Air when you prelisten a track...

This would be good as many of us would not want to go beyond using 2 soundcards.

Quote (selected)
- What is Disable local echo Suppose to do?  (With this selected the microphone is disabled.)

With this option on you won't hear microphone through speakers, but if you have broadcasting encoders set,
your listeners will hear what you say. This is a feature for Internet-radio only.

I am not planing to experiment with online broadcasting yet but now I know.

Quote (selected)
Yes, thank you very much for sharing experiment results. It helps making software better.

I'm glad to be able to help  :)

Thank you djsoft, I will keep doing my experimenting and learning.

Casey

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #103 on: November 30, 2012, 11:19:15 AM »
Yes I am using the WASAPI driver for both.

I have a hardware volume control on my Monitor sound card.  :)
That's a nice piece of hardware. There are couple USB sound cards here, similar to the one you posted, but they don't have volume control nor they have any other buttons :) I think that will still be enough to test the issue you mentioned when sound cards added or removed while program operates.
By the way, WASAPI device handling was changed a bit in the latest update, you can test it - probably the issue has already gone.

Instead of removing it, could it be made to only mute the On Air audio from going to the monitor sound card?
With a full radio station setup this would be done with a switch or pot on the board. I can see many time were this would be useful.
This will add confusion as documentation says that "monitor" card will have the same sound as "main"...
What are you using the Monitor sound card for? In most cases it's easier to use the Main device only.
I think we'll start with a feature which mutes Monitor sound card while pre-listening a track (and prelisten device is the same as Monitor).

If you select a number of tacks and edit something like artist, Genre, Gender it either corrupts or removes any album artwork for MP3 files ::) It does NOT do the same with FLAC files !
Please send one track which becomes corrupted (but not corrupted yet) to support@djsoft.net. This will be fixed in the next update. I'm sorry if some of you files' tags were corrupted...

dave-t

• Radio 45 Gold
« Reply #104 on: November 30, 2012, 12:05:16 PM »
MP3 file sent as requested
Regards
Dave