RadioBOSS 188.8.131.52 crash
I had a crash with RB tonight, unfortunately there were no error reports or messages
I had a total program lock up.. At the top of the program window was "program not responding".
This may not be of any help but figured I should pass it along.
The crash is likely a result of my making hardware changes while RB was running. On the other hand if this caused RB to lock up, wouldn't be better if the program gave an error and let you fix the problem? If it's a windows fault, not much can be done..
So here is what happened. I plugged in a USB sound card. Shortly after RB crashed totally. I had no control of anything and had to stop the program via the task manager.
I forgot about windows bad habit of decided a USB sound device should become the default soundcard. (Microsoft has windows does this by default.) This likely caused a problem with RB accessing the selected sound card.. Maybe caused it to panic and crash??
This could also happen if someone decides to plug in their USB headphones, on the fly..
After rebooting and making changes to the playback devices I was was able to get RB running again with two soundcards.Problems - Using two soundcards
1) - I have the On Air music audio coming out of both sound cards.. This is correct as far as the
description in the manual. "In addition to the Main soundcard, RadioBOSS can output the same signal to another sound card."
There was one time I ran RB that the On Air audio did not come through the monitor speakers. PreListen worked fine on the monitor soundcard and On air audio was ok on the main sound card. The next time I rebooted it was back the same as before.. No Idea why this happened..
2) - How do I turn off or turn down the "On Air" audio on the monitor soundcard?
I tried clicking on the mute speaker icon on the menu bar, this seemed like a logical thing to do. (Not well explained in the manual) This does not work for this purpose as it mutes both the On Air and Monitor audio.
The PreListen audio plays with both with and without mute pressed. There would be time when you may not what to hear the on air audio and if you use mute you are off the air
3) - When you press the Mic button, the monitor audio should mute. (That's the way it was at any stations where I worked. You don't really what to hear yourself or have feedback.)
The Mic button does not mute the monitor audio.. should it? If not, can this be added?
- Prelisten works on the monitor soundcard but is always mixed with the On Air music.
- Mute button mutes both on air and monitor audio.
- The correct feed is going to the transmitter from the main soundcard.
- Only the Monitor soundcard is having problem.
- Mic does not mute On Air audio to monitor soundcard.
I've experimented with all the settings but have not found the solution yet.Disable local echo
- What is Disable local echo Suppose to do?
With this selected the microphone is disabled.
I hope this is useful, I've been experimenting and testing for many hours today!