• English
  • Deutsch
  • Español
  • Русский
Professional Radio Automation at a price you can afford.Professional Radio Automation at a price you can afford.
RadioBOSS box
RadioBOSS makes automating your broadcast to the world, your business or shop professional, simple, affordable, reliable.

Author Topic: RadioBOSS 4.8 [beta]  (Read 181403 times)

djsoft

• Administrator
    • http://www.djsoft.net
Re: RadioBOSS 4.8 [beta]
« Reply #105 on: November 30, 2012, 01:35:21 PM »
MP3 file sent as requested
Thank you. It looks like the file's tag is not written properly (wrong tag size specified). Where did this file come from, did you use other software to edit its tags?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 01:38:42 PM by djsoft »
Dmitry  •  DJSoft.Net Team  •  Email: support@djsoft.net

dave-t

• For The Music We Have Lived
    • Radio 45 Gold
« Reply #106 on: November 30, 2012, 02:10:07 PM »
I use an application called TagTuner www.tagtuner.com to mass process file tags and for standardizing file names
Regards
Dave

Web:-      www.radio45gold.co.uk
Twitter: - @Radio45Gold

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #107 on: November 30, 2012, 02:17:42 PM »
I use an application called TagTuner www.tagtuner.com to mass process file tags and for standardizing file names
Thanks... This software will be checked. On the first sight it looks like the tags written by it do not conform to ID3V2 specification which results in this tag being read incorrectly by RB.

Casey

« Reply #108 on: November 30, 2012, 03:05:29 PM »
Problems - Using two soundcards

There was one time I ran RB that the On Air audio did not come through the monitor speakers. PreListen worked fine on the monitor soundcard and On air audio was ok on the main sound card.  The next time I rebooted it was back the same as before.. No Idea why this happened..

It happened again... I lost the On Air audio on the monitor soundcard. PreListen worked fine on the monitor soundcard. RadioBOSS is working fine, other than this.

I have no idea what or why this happened. I was not doing anything with the computer at the time when I notice the sound stopped.

Restarting RadioBOSS fixed the problem.. Everything is back to normal now..

Casey

Update:

I now have some idea what is happening..
This time I caused the loss of On Air audio to monitor soundcard.

I was making some changes on the computer and unplugged the USB soundcard by mistake..  :(
I plugged it back in, RadioBOSS kept working.. all fine there..

But.. I had no On Air audio..  PreListen worked fine..

I still don't know exactly what happened the previous times but from this latest situation it may give some ideas. It is possible that RadioBOSS some how momentary loses connection with the USB soundcard. When it recovers, the path for the On Air audio is not restored, while the PreListen works.

Casey
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 03:50:36 PM by Casey »

Casey

« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2012, 04:35:55 AM »
Problems - Using two soundcards

There was one time I ran RB that the On Air audio did not come through the monitor speakers. PreListen worked fine on the monitor soundcard and On air audio was ok on the main sound card.  The next time I rebooted it was back the same as before.. No Idea why this happened..

It happened again... I lost the On Air audio on the monitor soundcard. PreListen worked fine on the monitor soundcard. RadioBOSS is working fine, other than this.

I have no idea what or why this happened. I was not doing anything with the computer at the time when I notice the sound stopped.

Restarting RadioBOSS fixed the problem.. Everything is back to normal now..

Casey

Update:

I now have some idea what is happening..
This time I caused the loss of On Air audio to monitor soundcard.

I was making some changes on the computer and unplugged the USB soundcard by mistake..  :(
I plugged it back in, RadioBOSS kept working.. all fine there..

But.. I had no On Air audio..  PreListen worked fine..

I still don't know exactly what happened the previous times but from this latest situation it may give some ideas. It is possible that RadioBOSS some how momentary loses connection with the USB soundcard. When it recovers, the path for the On Air audio is not restored, while the PreListen works.

More info on using the monitor function on second soundcard..

I was away for about 3 1/2 hours this afternoon, when I came home, I had lost the On Air audio from the monitor soundcard. PreListen  was still working. So this happens when nothing else is being done on the computer.

Later this morning (when I should have been sleeping) I again noticed I had lost the On Air audio from the monitor soundcard.  However, this time things were different as PreListen  did not work and I got an error message... see attached

I noticed in the Playback device settings..

The monitor soundcard was using the WASAPI driver while the the Preview output is using the DirectSound driver. The driver for the Preview output can not be changed, all other options are grayed out.

Next test I set both to use the DirectSound driver. It is working now.. Will test this more later to day, after I get some sleep..  :)

Casey
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 04:53:14 AM by Casey »

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #110 on: December 01, 2012, 08:17:08 AM »
Casey
Thank you for detailed information on this error (I wish all bug reports were that detailed :)).
Looks like 'Monitor' feature has some bugs. Working on it...

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #111 on: December 01, 2012, 08:23:42 AM »
RadioBOSS 4.8.0.4
- Improved "Restart program if it crashes or hangs" feature
- Fixed performance issue in Music Library when loading large libraries (100k+ tracks)
- Playlist Generator Pro can be launched from command line (see first post for details)
- Mouse drag-n-drop for categories and playlist structure in Playlist Generator Pro

Download: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_4.8.0.4_beta.exe
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 08:29:57 AM by djsoft »

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #112 on: December 01, 2012, 08:40:39 AM »
Hello!, new bug when opening the program after upgrading.

Many Thanks for the importing m3u playlists! It is very useful!
Congratulations again on this day is software that is best :)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 08:45:47 AM by nelson c »

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #113 on: December 01, 2012, 08:50:35 AM »
Thanks :) The bug you reported was fixed. Download the installer again.

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #114 on: December 01, 2012, 09:00:47 AM »
Perfect! excellent that fast! haha :)

dave-t

• For The Music We Have Lived
    • Radio 45 Gold
« Reply #115 on: December 01, 2012, 09:14:08 AM »
Ooo nice!

Can the "run playlist generator pro from command line" and include the parameters from the scheduler? or would I have to write a batch file and run that rather the generator pro?

I know I should sit and try it but I have suffered a hard disc crash so re-building my system  >:(

I have now ordered a dedicated RB system which is a Dell dual core system running Windows 8 - due to arrive December 10th  8)
Regards
Dave

Web:-      www.radio45gold.co.uk
Twitter: - @Radio45Gold

Joshua

« Reply #116 on: December 01, 2012, 04:07:15 PM »
Hallo,

thanks for fast Development. The Music Library goes many faster. So it's really fun  :)
I have a Request:
I wish one eq for the micro. is that possible? or there is a plugin for it?

Greetz
Joshua

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #117 on: December 01, 2012, 05:27:41 PM »
Hi I will like to some improvements in the search:
-The new Stop Search button, also could clear the search field.
- When you change the search combobox (so the library or artist, title), would be good to refresh the search without having to delete or add a character.
-I need a way to see the entire list (even when empty search field is shown 500 songs)

These are just ideas that we think would make it easier to search for music.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 05:58:33 PM by nelson c »

Casey

« Reply #118 on: December 01, 2012, 07:04:44 PM »
Casey
Thank you for detailed information on this error (I wish all bug reports were that detailed :)).
Looks like 'Monitor' feature has some bugs. Working on it...

Glad to be of help..  :)

Another update on monitor sound..

Now 12 hours with On Air and PreListen both using the DirectSound driver.
Setup this way,  I have had no problem with loosing the On Air audio..

voice-track
Voice-tracking recorder and playback are also working fine.
One thought, would it be possible to add a volume control for when you are playing and editing voice-tracks? Like in the PreListen player..

I did find a problem using the controls on my USB soundcard.

The mute and volume controls on the USB soundcard also control the main soundcard. ??  I didn't catch this before..  I turned down the monitor volume, while on the phone, then didn't  turn it back up right away.. A bit later when I checked my off air signal, I  had very low audio on the transmitter..  (On the positive side, it did make me aware of a power supply problem.. hum..  I need a different PS or some more filtering.)

When I move this setup, off the bench, to a more permanent location, speakers with a hardware volume control will be included.. There must be a pair around here some where..  ;)

I have most thing working fine using basic operation with RadioBOSS. Now it is time to do some reading and  learn about using the Playlists etc..  :)

Running RadioBOSS Beta 4.8.04

Casey
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 01:10:14 AM by Casey »

pety

« Reply #119 on: December 02, 2012, 12:44:36 AM »
View problem...