• English
  • Deutsch
  • Español
  • Русский
Professional Radio Automation at a price you can afford.Professional Radio Automation at a price you can afford.
RadioBOSS box
RadioBOSS makes automating your broadcast to the world, your business or shop professional, simple, affordable, reliable.

Author Topic: RadioBOSS 4.8 [beta]  (Read 181423 times)

djsoft

• Administrator
    • http://www.djsoft.net
Re: RadioBOSS 4.8 [beta]
« Reply #195 on: December 11, 2012, 05:48:54 AM »
BUT I would like that Libraries to have MY PATH not of the system. I am sure that you can understand and you can see the importance of this request.
I know, and you're not the only one who wants this... It will be changed in the future versions.

I like the width of PGPro Preset.
Second request:
I also like a large width for Categories Panel. Thanks for understanding.
OK, wait for the new version, it will be improved there.
Dmitry  •  DJSoft.Net Team  •  Email: support@djsoft.net

StreamJamz

« Reply #196 on: December 11, 2012, 12:00:00 PM »
is there anyway to have a manual option to auto restart a feed that's scheduled. eg. attempt connecting say 5 times in the next 10 minutes.
I have a user who broadcast from home and RB is set to connect at 4am but 5 mins after its disconnected. can't RB attempt a reconnection since that user is on a schedule?

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #197 on: December 11, 2012, 02:30:41 PM »
Action Radio 95.1
It's possible, but I don't think it will be included soon - this case is not common and there are too few users who benefit from it...

Casey

« Reply #198 on: December 11, 2012, 04:43:05 PM »
Yes, and again problem with USB card :( Looks like those cards are not designed to work for extended periods of time.

Now running with two internal soundcards on RadioBOSS 4.8.0.6 beta. So far this setup is working well. I did not get the changer over done until late so will run it for a day or so to see if it is stable. I found two older PCI soundcards @ the shop. I have room for one more in this computer, so may try that next, three internal soundcards, well maybe.  ;)

Question, re PreListen.

We had talked earlier of muting the Monitor audio when using PreListen. Another option could be reducing it to a much lover level (could be user adjustable). Was this forgotten or still on the to-do list?

Thanks   Casey

Casey

« Reply #199 on: December 11, 2012, 07:48:32 PM »
Yes, and again problem with USB card :( Looks like those cards are not designed to work for extended periods of time.

Now running with two internal soundcards on RadioBOSS 4.8.0.6 beta. So far this setup is working well. I did not get the changer over done until late so will run it for a day or so to see if it is stable. I found two older PCI soundcards @ the shop. I have room for one more in this computer, so may try that next, three internal soundcards, well maybe.  ;)

Thanks   Casey

It looks like this problem is not totally the fault of the USB soundcard.  :(

This only effected the Monitor audio.. otherwise, RB kept working and we stayed on the air. Also, PreListen was also working OK.

I went out for a while and when I got back home the monitor sound had failed.. Total run time with this setup was less than 3.5 hours. It worked fine for about 2.5 hours, before I went out.  I don't know exactly when it failed or what happened.

- I shut down and restarted RB a couple of time but this did not fix the problem.
After restarting RB, the error in schedule log showed  'Monitor'  Device ini error: No description (-1)

- Rebooting the computer was required to get thing working properly again.

In this setup:
- Monitor audio is using the second soundcard, a creative sound blaster PCI.
- PreListen is using the integrated sc
- main soundcard - USB transmitter
(So I am actually using three soundcards)

The difference this time, from using the USB sc for monitor or PreListen,  was instead of distorted audio, I had a sound like a motor running coming out of the monitor speakers, no monitor audio could be heard from RB..

It looks like the soundcards are crashing... the only way I can fix the problem is to reboot the computer so the sc is reinitialized.

I have it working fine again, I will investigate this further later in the day.. The next things to try will be to take the USB transmitter out of the mix to see if that helps, even though it has not given any problems. This will  get me back to using only two soundcards. Then after that, if necessary, swap the monitor & PreListen soundcards to see if that helps..

Casey

Nelson

« Reply #200 on: December 11, 2012, 08:43:26 PM »

- DTMF only be played when there are five minutes or less to start an event (for a delay may occur for example by streaming, and if the preset time step does not play).

Quote (selected)
Please give more information on this one.
The premise is as follows:
normally when using a streaming introduces a delay of about 30 seconds.
The new option to play an event using a DTMF tone and time allotted for the reproduction of the event, has a problem:
- If DTMF tone is detected within 5 minutes before the event it will be played correctly, if not, whether the tone is detected only 1 minute after the preset time, and will not play.
the problem here is that many times by introducing a delay streaming and this may cause delay tone detection and thus be detected by such a minute after the preset for that event, which the scheduler will not execute the event.

Casey

« Reply #201 on: December 12, 2012, 03:27:03 AM »
Question, re PreListen.

We had talked earlier of muting the Monitor audio when using PreListen. Another option could be reducing it to a much lover level (could be user adjustable). Was this forgotten or still on the to-do list?

OK, on this.. I forgot.. I can use the mute button to disable monitor audio while using PreListen amd Voice Track recorder  :)

Up date on soundcards

I ran for 7 hours, without problems, on the previous setup that the monitor soundcard crashed. Isn't fun with things that are intermittent!

I had planed on eliminating the USB transmitter as it was just a test to see how that configuration would work. I have now changed back to a conventional transmitter fed from a soundcard.

I now am using only the two internal soundcards. The Soundblaster is now the main sc for output to the transmitter while the integrated sc handles monitoring and PreListen. I am still considering a 3rd internal sc later but we'll run it this way for a few days first. I want to see how the Soundblaster card holds up in this arrangement as it was the sc that crashed before.

Voice Track track problem

The play button no longer works! No playback, nothing happens when I press the playback button.

Suggestion

There is lots of space on the top toolbar. Could we have a few more buttons to make some functions more easily accessible? I would like to see Voice Track, Insert voice track and Shuffle. Maybe this could be user configurable, like the Firefox toolbar.  ;)

Thanks... Casey

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #202 on: December 12, 2012, 05:17:07 AM »
Casey
When you restart the program and sound card still doesn't work until you restart the PC, that looks like a sound card (or its driver) problem.
You can try turning on the "Disable 32-bit floating point output" option in the Settings->Playback->Miscellaneous.
The 3 sound card setup is being tested here now, I'll post the results soon.

The Monitor is not muted automatically on Pre-listen - do you still need this feature?

Voice Track recorded uses the "Pre-listen" sound card for playback. Make sure you have it selected correctly in RB.

Toolbar customization will be added in the future, the toolbar will be reworked completely... The one we have now has 16x16 buttons, which are too small, probably change those to 24x24 or even 32x32.

Nelson
But you can try changing the event startup time to account for stream delay. Do you want to extend the 5-minute DTMF detection frame?

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #203 on: December 12, 2012, 01:07:17 PM »
RadioBOSS 4.8.0.7
Changes:
- DTMF detection in URL: in case of an error, it will be indicated in the status bar
- fixed: network stream restart feature doesn't restart when stream ended
- code improvements and optimizations
- "Playlist Generator" command moved to the Extra submenu
- UI improvements in Playlist Generator Pro

Download: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_4.8.0.7_beta.exe

dave-t

• For The Music We Have Lived
    • Radio 45 Gold
« Reply #204 on: December 12, 2012, 01:15:28 PM »
Thank you

Will report back as soon as I can  :)
Regards
Dave

Web:-      www.radio45gold.co.uk
Twitter: - @Radio45Gold

dave-t

• Radio 45 Gold
« Reply #205 on: December 12, 2012, 01:30:41 PM »
Runiing the scheduler as a command seems to work well  :)

I will set up some "batch" schedule generations later and see how they go

There is a slight display issue in the "up-next" window which wasn't present - that I can remember - in the previous version

Regards
Dave

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #206 on: December 12, 2012, 01:54:14 PM »
Yes, looks like a bug. Will be fixed in the next update.

dave-t

• Radio 45 Gold
« Reply #207 on: December 12, 2012, 02:21:51 PM »
YES!  I very much like the ability to generate a playlist - works very well

I like the fact that it simply overwrites the previously generated playlist - I don't have to find a way of deleting them  :D

Thank you for a great enhancement - happy bunny  8)

Regards
Dave

pety

« Reply #208 on: December 12, 2012, 11:45:23 PM »
Library PATH still do not work.
I can understand why I can change Log files path BUT I cannot understand why I cannot change Libraries PATH. That's a mistery.

Thanks for PGPro GUI improvement.

samdyett

« Reply #209 on: December 13, 2012, 01:41:21 AM »
im loving version of radioboss its the most reliable yet im my opinion its dosent freeze or buffer which is great, still testing other feature of there is any problems i will let the forum know :)