• English
  • Deutsch
  • Español
  • Русский
Professional Radio Automation at a price you can afford.Professional Radio Automation at a price you can afford.
RadioBOSS box
RadioBOSS makes automating your broadcast to the world, your business or shop professional, simple, affordable, reliable.

Author Topic: RadioBOSS 4.8 [beta]  (Read 180902 times)

djsoft

• Administrator
    • http://www.djsoft.net
Re: RadioBOSS 4.8 [beta]
« Reply #270 on: December 18, 2012, 10:23:53 AM »
Small error in the interface: when the player window is very small, overlaps the microphone button.
Yes, this is a known one... But there's currently no fix for it :(
Dmitry  •  DJSoft.Net Team  •  Email: support@djsoft.net

bobby

« Reply #271 on: December 18, 2012, 02:27:28 PM »
Hey djsoft

I would like to request for a next song annountment guy to be added to radioboss please

thanks

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #272 on: December 18, 2012, 03:43:15 PM »
I would like to request for a next song annountment guy to be added to radioboss please
Do you mean it should read what song is up to be next?

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #273 on: December 18, 2012, 03:45:27 PM »
RadioBOSS 4.8.0.10

- Several improvements in the Search feture
- Added "Start by DTMF only" option to events
- "One track only" indication for "Break" button
- Time announcement and TTS added to the Scheduler wizard.
- Minor bugs fixed

Download: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_4.8.0.10_beta.exe

bobby

« Reply #274 on: December 18, 2012, 03:50:54 PM »
Do you mean it should read what song is up to be next?

Hey Djosft

yes i would like radioboss to read what song is coming up next

if you could add that feature on radioboss please

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #275 on: December 18, 2012, 03:56:01 PM »
Yes, that's possible - will be added in the next update.

pety

« Reply #276 on: December 18, 2012, 03:59:54 PM »
Big problem in playlist.
I do not understand why dissaper time calculation of a selection of tracks.

It was a request in past. It was solved, but know...

Please, I need that function (duration calculate of selected tracks) in playlist. Please, move it back.

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #277 on: December 18, 2012, 05:18:21 PM »
New enhancements in searches work great!, Thanks.

For RB 4.9 I would like to have several skins as radiocaster. :).

Another issue:
RadioLogger is a trademark? because I found other software that does the same, practically with the same name: "Radio Logger Pro" (http://www.radio-soft.com/en/products/view.php?id=3)

Casey

« Reply #278 on: December 18, 2012, 06:33:31 PM »
Casey
The command should be like this (you just need to change the path):
Code: [Select]
saytime=D:\timevoices
In the next version Time announcements will be added to the scheduler's wizard to make things easier :)

Opps ...  I missed that one..  over tired and trying to get something working..  ;)

OK, that works fine.   :)

A note, just for reference.

You must not have a trailing "\" at the end of the path ie saytime=D:\timevoices\  that breaks things.. 
(I copied the path from Total Commander and missed that the first time..

With a trailing "\" at the end, you get a blank event in the playlist and the time does not work...
 Error - Unable to play ! Error code = 5 (invalid handle)

Casey

Casey

« Reply #279 on: December 19, 2012, 03:04:36 AM »
While testing, the Main and Monitor cards were slightly out of sync. I'll see if that can be improved.
But you've started with the right direction: buffer sizes should be the same.
You can use ASIO4ALL [http://www.asio4all.com] and switch all sc's to use ASIO - it will remove latency and should make cards output playback synchronously.

RadioBOSS 4.8.0.10 curently running..

This was lots of fun!  ;)
Finally after a lot of experimenting, reading and testing I have got the ASIO drivers working on 2 soundcards.  I have output to transmitter on the soundBlaster SC and Monitor on the Internal soundmax SC.

Getting the 2nd SC to work was a big pain.. the final answer for anyone else trying this was to remove the soundblaster drivers.. They are not needed, especially in my case as this SC is only used for the RB output (main). With the SB drivers loaded the SC was not available to ASIO.

Now the problems..  :)

No PreListen...   The only option for setting up the PreListen audio is DirectSound... this will not work... 
I get this error: [Error playing file (code 4: "No description") Please check "PreListen" device settings']

There is nothing I can do to change the PreListen settings.. There are other options including ASIO is in the list but they are greyed out.
For PreListen to work in this situation, it has to be set to ASIO. The only other option would be a 3rd sound card.

RadioLogger which I am also testing in this setup.. will no longer work.. 
It need to be able to support using the ASIO driver for recording and play back..

A new one...  Occasionally the Monitor audio get distorted.. some time it clears up on it's own. Sometime is gets really bad.
The fix I found.. if I turn the MIC on and off, the monitor audio clears up...  This only works with the MIC button,
NOT by toggling the mute on and off so it is not the muting function that is doing this. 
I will have to test more to get a better idea of what is happening.

On the positive side, the audio has stayed perfectly synced for several hours..

Casey
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 03:07:16 AM by Casey »

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #280 on: December 19, 2012, 09:05:15 AM »
pety
I'm not sure why calculation for selected tracks is gone... It will be back in the next update :)

nelson c
Skins for RB doesn't looks good - there are too much custom UI elements which cannot be skinned for now.
RadioLogger is registered, but I don't think we should pursue the Radio Logger Pro makers - the name is too generic and I don't see a problem here.

Casey
The trailing backslash problem will be solved. Thanks for reporting.

Prelisten currently limited to use DirectSound only. In the nearest future it will be expanded to use all other driver models (ASIO, etc). I don't promise it for RadioLogger yet, but it will be added there in 2013 for sure.

The audio distortion which is resolved by pressing MIC button seems weird to me. What audio cards are you using, and is it native ASIO or you're using Asio4All software?

roygbiv222

« Reply #281 on: December 19, 2012, 03:00:28 PM »
New beta version crashes every new track, if manually and automatic.
System XP home SP3
Is there any error message shown?

Nothing, just restart and restart, if option "restar if crash" enabled, if not enabled crash only once.

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #282 on: December 19, 2012, 03:25:39 PM »
Nothing, just restart and restart, if option "restar if crash" enabled, if not enabled crash only once.
Please try downloading the most recent beta version (4.8.0.10). If it still crashes, click Settings->Open Settings Folder, you should see bugreport_*.txt files there - please send those to support@djsoft.net

Casey

« Reply #283 on: December 20, 2012, 04:33:38 AM »
Prelisten currently limited to use DirectSound only. In the nearest future it will be expanded to use all other driver models (ASIO, etc). I don't promise it for RadioLogger yet, but it will be added there in 2013 for sure.

I will try PreListen on cheap USB SC, that is one option for now.

RadioLogger is not urgent for me. I mentioned this because it would be a problem for anyone setup to use ASIO,
it will be good to have it as an option.

Quote (selected)
The audio distortion which is resolved by pressing MIC button seems weird to me. What audio cards are you using, and is it native ASIO or you're using Asio4All software?

I am using the Asio4All drivers, with a soundblaster PCI for the Main SC and soundmax integrated SC for Monitor..

I did not get a chance to check this out on the Asio4All web site as it was down last night. There were however, a few comments about similar problems on other Forums. It seems particular to some soundcards.  The problem might also be due to a conflict between the windows and the Asio4All drivers with the soundmax integrated soundcard. I had to remove the windows drivers for the soundblaster PCI SC before it would work with Asio4All. I may need to remove the windows drivers for the soundmax integrated SC.

Another thing I will try when it fits the schedule, is installing a second soundblaster PCI SC. The one I am using now is working fine with just the Asio4All drivers.. Maybe 2 of the same SCs using the Asio4All driver may be the answer and leave the soundmax integrated SC for PreListen..  I will check this out when I can.

Casey

roygbiv222

« Reply #284 on: December 20, 2012, 06:20:43 AM »
Please try downloading the most recent beta version (4.8.0.10). If it still crashes, click Settings->Open Settings Folder, you should see bugreport_*.txt files there - please send those to support@djsoft.net

I kwow when problem occurs, when I use vst plugin, but I use still same plugins few years, in stable 4.7.7  demo alsa tested and every thing ok.