• English
  • Deutsch
  • Español
  • Русский
Professional Radio Automation at a price you can afford.Professional Radio Automation at a price you can afford.
RadioBOSS box
RadioBOSS makes automating your broadcast to the world, your business or shop professional, simple, affordable, reliable.

Author Topic: RadioBOSS 4.8 [beta]  (Read 181074 times)

DJSTU

Re: RadioBOSS 4.8 [beta]
« Reply #315 on: February 20, 2013, 01:38:25 AM »
I would be more than happy to take part in Beta testing and give you feedback on same (as we have done in the past when you have made changes at our suggestions). I have been lurking and watching, but have really been waiting for you to instigate the db level mixing, so I can stuck into giving you further ideas for possible changes.

In regard to layout I am meaning "box areas up" and have the ability to move that whole box from fixed positions, as they are now, to a position where the user would like them to be.
Example: The main Playlist, I would like to click and grab that area and move the whole thing to the left hand side.
The same with the Play/Stop/Next buttons etc.
The Log I still want, but not in my face, put it somewhere I can click to quickly bring it up instead.

The Date/Time, Last Track, On Air, Coming Up next - The ability to move each one individually to where I would like them.

Just the ability to be able move things to where you want them to be as a user is principally what I am getting at.

Colorization.
I know you love your grey, and shades of grey. But to be honest its a bit bland. :-\
Lets just pick on one thing for the moment. The PLAY button. Have the button triangle BLUE. But when its clicked on, lights up as tho an LED is behind it with a light green to show the button is pushed on. The blue triangle stays blue, but the rest goes green.

I have heaps more ideas too. But will save these for when the beta testing starts.

djsoft

• Administrator
    • http://www.djsoft.net
« Reply #316 on: February 20, 2013, 11:21:06 AM »
UI with movable boxes is a nice approach. But I know many users of RB are glad that UI is not complicated with thinks like this... I think we can find a sort of solution which is good for everyone. I'll assign it to the future RadioBOSS 5.0 for now. Feature list for upcoming 4.9 is already full.

About buttons, I agree those should be changed. From time to time people ask about this. This is planned for 4.9. Away from buttons, you can change window and font colors in Settings->View.
Dmitry  •  DJSoft.Net Team  •  Email: support@djsoft.net

dave-t

• For The Music We Have Lived
    • Radio 45 Gold
« Reply #317 on: February 20, 2013, 11:42:22 AM »

About buttons, I agree those should be changed. From time to time people ask about this. This is planned for 4.9. Away from buttons, you can change window and font colors in Settings->View.

YES PLEASE  8) :D 8) :D

As far as the UI is concerned the only issue I really have are the tabs on the left hand side. I often want to be able to see schedule and the FX window at the same time - It would be nice to have one or the other as a separate pane

Looking forward to seeing the list

My hopes and wishes are

PGPro

Adding filters for Genre, Rating, Date

Music Library

Include/exclude field
Stripping converting & re-writing ID3V2.4 tags  ;)  :D

Really fancy stuff

Twitter integration - (Optionally) Tweets when a schedule is run
Regards
Dave

Web:-      www.radio45gold.co.uk
Twitter: - @Radio45Gold

DJSTU

« Reply #318 on: February 20, 2013, 05:12:57 PM »
dave-t has outlined a classic example of what I mean by making UI flexible movable boxes.
Of the 7 Tabs, he only wants 2. And those two he wants to see in full all the time. The rest could be hidden, but brought up at the click of a button from the menu.

Yesterday I could not find where to change the color in spite of spending half an hour going thru the menus and help file. So now you have pointed out where, I have found it. :-[
Yes...it does improve things noticeably.
But I think we need to do more. More choice of what and where.
Surround a box (say like Playlist for example) with a band that is say 3mm thick of a color of choice. So as to define that this area does what sort of thing. This is instead of the thin grey line. Defining will be important once the boxes are made movable.

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #319 on: February 21, 2013, 05:22:13 AM »
As far as the UI is concerned the only issue I really have are the tabs on the left hand side. I often want to be able to see schedule and the FX window at the same time - It would be nice to have one or the other as a separate pane
That would be possible in the future. As you already probably know, there's a so called "Second work zone" was added in RB 4.8. You can activate it by pressing Ctrl+2 or from the menu: View->Work Zones->2.
For now it can host Search, File Explorer, Cart Wall and Web browser.
It's just a matter of time when Scheduler and some other features can be hosted there as well.

What do you use FX tab for by the way?

Regarding feature requests, most of them will be implemented in the RB 4.9.

Yesterday I could not find where to change the color in spite of spending half an hour going thru the menus and help file. So now you have pointed out where, I have found it. :-[
During search, did you look at the Settings window and just didn't notice the View tab?
It could be a problem with Settings window - it has too many sections (and couple more will be added in the next version), buttons, checkboxes, etc... Probably it makes it hard to find stuff there. Currently I don't see an easy solution for this one. Probably adding a HOW-TO topics to the help file would help.

Surround a box (say like Playlist for example) with a band that is say 3mm thick of a color of choice. So as to define that this area does what sort of thing. This is instead of the thin grey line. Defining will be important once the boxes are made movable.
What about changing playlist section background?
Thin grey line is used to resize sections. I think its color could be made changeable too.

corsimusic

« Reply #320 on: February 21, 2013, 06:30:27 AM »
Hello
in radio boss 4.8 .3.0 much replay gain infos mp3 and some flac don't work
thank

dave-t

• Radio 45 Gold
« Reply #321 on: February 21, 2013, 06:56:25 AM »
That would be possible in the future. As you already probably know, there's a so called "Second work zone" was added in RB 4.8. You can activate it by pressing Ctrl+2 or from the menu: View->Work Zones->2.
For now it can host Search, File Explorer, Cart Wall and Web browser.
It's just a matter of time when Scheduler and some other features can be hosted there as well.

What do you use FX tab for by the way?

Regarding feature requests, most of them will be implemented in the RB 4.9.

Utilising work zone 2 for the schedule sounds like a good solution.

I use the FX tab as that is where the VU meter is and I can see if Replay Gain is operational on the now playing tracks.
Regards
Dave

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #322 on: February 21, 2013, 08:37:52 AM »
Please send files for which ReplayGain tag is not recognized to support@djsoft.net - it will be fixed in RadioBOSS 4.9.

dave-t
Thanks for the information. FX tab will be probably, but VU and ReplayGain will stay :)

dave-t

• Radio 45 Gold
« Reply #323 on: February 21, 2013, 08:48:10 AM »
Please send files for which ReplayGain tag is not recognized to support@djsoft.net - it will be fixed in RadioBOSS 4.9.

dave-t
Thanks for the information. FX tab will be probably, but VU and ReplayGain will stay :)

If the schedule can be displayed in WZ2 that will meet my need nicely. It is not a major issue nor a priority for me just something nice to have  :)

Development of PGPro and Music library are - to me - more important. My station is highly automated and the more specific I can make the shows the better. Therefore, what is contained in the music library and how PGPro uses/filters this is critical to how my station "sounds"  :)

Loving RB a lot !
Regards
Dave

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #324 on: February 22, 2013, 02:43:35 AM »
Yes, Playlist Generator Pro will be improved in the next update. Also Music Library will have new columns.

DJSTU

« Reply #325 on: February 23, 2013, 08:27:33 PM »
During search, did you look at the Settings window and just didn't notice the View tab?
No, I saw the View Tab alright. It was inside there when looking around that I had thought that area at the top was to do with FONT's since I saw the word "font" mentioned several times, so that is why I didn't notice it. I must have looked at that area half a dozen times.
What about changing playlist section background?
Thin grey line is used to resize sections. I think its color could be made changeable too.
I wasn't meaning the resize sections lines. I am not sure of the proper technical names to use to describe it, so hopefully this makes sense.
I was meaning the frame (outline) with a header bar at the top. So you can grab the header bar and move the whole box or frame around.
Rather than resize sections/areas, make the ACTUAL box/frame resizeable.

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #326 on: February 25, 2013, 01:53:59 AM »
Resizeable/moveable areas will, possibly, appear in the future RB 5.0. I'm still not sure if many users need it. When UI is highly customizable, it's hard for some people to find good layout.

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #327 on: February 26, 2013, 08:51:23 AM »
DJsoft agree with, I've tried programs like Sam Broadcaster, and the arrangement of windows is mut complicated and messy.
I personally like the interface radioboss, (but not skin) the idea of ​​working with pesatañas is very convenient and with the addition of "Work Zone 2" can work with Cart Wall, simultaneously with a list.
But I think we should build an extra skin for those who do not want the classic Windows-style appearance.

I enclose two skins I found on google I liked.
In the first there is a mixer, which in the future would be good to include it in radioboss, I think it would be useful to have a control over the entire audio when working from outside, or for users who do not have a hardware mixer.
Also this good about being able to hear the air by selecting headphones for example.

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #328 on: February 26, 2013, 09:28:00 AM »
You can change colors and fonts for the main window, so it'll look a bit different. It's configured via Settings->View.

It's possible to include skins in RadioBOSS. You can see it in action in RadioCaster - select a style from Style menu. I remember there was one style that looked like your first picture.

For air monitoring you can set up Monitor sound card in the Settings (in RB 4.9 sound cards can be changed without restarting so you can easily switch monitor device).

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #329 on: February 28, 2013, 08:04:40 AM »
Ok, change background color can be a good option momentary, but we need something with color gradient, and richer colors.
RC skins are very good, is it possible to incorporate in RB 4.9 or 5?
It would also be good so that users can create skins generating images. in order to have total control over the interface.

The new function to change settings without restarting sound is very good news, but I do not need to stop and in the future need to have a "virtual mixer" mode to control the microphone, the audio generally, the cart wall, etc. and select the option to monitor pre listen any desired output easily.