RadioBOSS 4.9 betaWhat's New:
- Remote control via HTTP protocol (details below)
- Removed Crossfades, Tag Editor and Plugins tabs
- Track information is now shown under the playlist (can be turned on/off by pressing Ctrl+I)
- Track artwork display
- Crossfade settings are now located under Settings->Crossfades menu
- Redesigned FX tab: removed Equalizer and Tempo effects; added DSP Manager
- DSP Manager can be used to add various DSP's: Winamp DSP/VST plugins/integrated DSPs
- Reworked Line.IN/Microphone settings, category renamed to Input
- Added another input (Line2.IN)
- Ability to choose source for broadcasting encoders: RadioBOSS Out/Line.IN/Line2.IN
- Send station logo and track artwork to Shoutcast v2 server
- Crossfading: MIX point is now detected based on sound level
- Added new columns in the playlist showing BPM, Rating and Playcount
- Added Search feature for file explorer (Right click->Show search bar)
- Changing playback devices doesn't require program restart anymore
- Wine compatibility: RadioBOSS can now be used under Wine in Linus/OSX (details below)
- Improved Prelisten feature
- When tagging mp3 files tag version now doesn't change to ID3v2.4 (instead existing tag version preserved)
- Improvements in Search GUI
- Music library: sorting by track title now sorts by artist and then title
- Added "Playcount" field for HTTP request
- Drag-n-Drop to Cart Wall from Windows Explorer
- File Types: for increaded visibility background color can be changed
- Scheduler: set font and backgorund color for events
- File Type can be assigned from Track Tool
- Scheduler: commands can now be inserted after currently playing track (instead of immediate execution)
- Scheduler: new command "makelibrary" to create/update music library files (details below)
- Multiple beds for voice track
- New right-click menu command: "move under currently playing track"
- Added ability to assign SAYTIME or Text-to-Speech to cart wall
- DTMF: added a new option to delay event launch
- Active playlist is now marked with bold font
- Numerous minor UI improvements and code optimizations
- Search sometimes produced incorrect results
- OGG broadcasting sometimes caused sound corruption
- Sometimes voice track wasn't recorded when ASIO device was used for Microphone
- Edit->Undo command removed current/next track marks
- Recording and playback devices now doesn't depend on Default device selection in Windows
- ReplayGain information wasn't read for some OGG and MP3 files
- Several bugs were fixed in Ads Scheduler
- Scheduled tasks sometimes could be skipped on slow or high-loaded computers
- Several other minor fixes
- Now it's possible to disable MIC or any of the Line inputs in the settings
- New settings for generated Scheduler Events
- First day of week (Sunday or Monday) now depends on system language
- Ads Overview feature: viewall ad blocks on one screen
- Empty block generation: include intro/outro/intro+outro option added
- Active/Start date/End date options added
To request free beta tester license key, please send an e-mail to email@example.com (use "RadioBOSS 4.9 beta" subject).
The free key expires July 30, 2013.
No more free beta tester keys are issued for this version.
If you're a registered user, please your key.Download
RadioBOSS 4.9 beta: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_184.108.40.206_beta.exe
Please post any bugs or requests in this topic. Anyone who contributed would get a significant discount - starting from 30% and up to 100% when the final version is released.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org regarding the discount.
Create or update a music library file. Command parameters are separated using the "|" character.
The first parameter sets the path where the music library file will be saved. Second and following parameters are directories to scan (subfolders included).Example 1
: create music library file my.xml in the default Music Library folder and add tracks from C:\Music folder
makelibrary my.xml|C:\MusicExample 2
: same as Example 1, but add tracks from C:\Music and D:\MoreMusic folders:
makelibrary my.xml|C:\Music|D:\MoreMusicExample 3
: using full path to .xml file
makelibrary C:\path to save\my.xml|C:\Music
In second example a substitution macro is used, more information about macro: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/scheduler_options.htm
HTTP remote control API reference
To setup HTTP remote control, open Settings window and select API category.
"Enable Remote Control" - turns remote control feature on and off
"Listen on port" - select a port
"Password" - choose a password for remote control. Only requests with correct password are processed
Security notice: choose a complex and hard to guess password to prevent unauthorized access.Using HTTP Remote Control
Requests:I. Executing a command.
Commands are the same as in the scheduler.
A list of possible commands: http://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/scheduler_commands.htm
(substitute "COMMAND" and "PASSWORD" accordingly)
Example 1: play next track (command: next)http://127.0.0.1:9001/?pass=WxPe2JXh&cmd=next
Example 2: play first track in the playlist (command: "play 1")http://127.0.0.1:9001/?pass=WxPe2JXh&cmd=play%201II. Performing an action
(substitute "ACTION" and "PASSWORD" accordingly)
Possible ACTION values:
" - get playback information.
Returns: an XML contaning current and next track information, playback position and state
An example of returned data:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<TRACK ARTIST="L.A.O.S." TITLE="Fire On Water" ALBUM="UKF Drum & Bass 2010 (UKF002DD)" YEAR="2010" GENRE="Drum & Bass" COMMENT="ChitaDrita collection" FILENAME="D:
\disko\drum n bass\LAOS - Fire On Water.mp3" DURATION="05:33" PLAYCOUNT="41" />
<TRACK ARTIST="Fracture Design" TITLE="The Lights Within Her Eyes (Nelver Remix)" ALBUM="Liquid D&B Essentials 2011 Vol.1" YEAR="2011" GENRE="Drum & Bass" COMMENT=""
FILENAME="D:\disko\drum n bass\01-fracture_design-the_lights_within_her_eyes_(nelver_remix).flac" DURATION="07:54" PLAYCOUNT="17" />
<Playback pos="74518" len="333264" state="play" />
" - inserting a track into playlist
"filename" - local file name
"pos" - position in the playlist where track should be inserted (1..N).
Other possible values:
-1: insert to the end of playlist
-2: insert after playing track
Insert track "D:\music\track.mp3"http://127.0.0.1:9001/?pass=WxPe2JXh&action=inserttrack&filename=D%3A%5Cmusic%5Ctrack.mp3&pos=-2
" - download music library file (xml)
"filename" - music library file name
Returns: music library file contents
" - download current track artwork
Returns: playing track artwork (nothing if there's no artwork)
" - download next track artwork
Returns: next track artwork (nothing if there's no artwork)
"pos" - track position in the playlist which will be selected as a next track (1..N)
Set 1st track in the playlist to be played nexthttp://127.0.0.1:9001/?pass=WxPe2JXh&action=setnexttrack&pos=1
Using RadioBOSS under Wine
If sound is corrupted, please open Settings window, navigate to Playback->Miscellaneous category and check both options:
- Disable 32bit sound processing
- Disable hardware mixing