RadioBOSS 4.9 [beta]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua

New member
pety said:
I don't understand all that negative feedback from you...

If I'll take from your house (Dmitry's house) a very important thing I'll be very surprised if you will be so negative.

Don't you understand that TAG EDITOR IS A VERY IMPORTANT TOOL FOR US? Now RB looks very ugly... Do you like it?

the new tag editor, I find a good place. I need him too often (as we all do)

It's also beta test, it may still do so much.
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
Joshua,
If the file wasn't playing (it won't edit tags while file is playing), please send this file to support@djsoft.net for analysis.

pety said:
I don't understand all that negative feedback from you...

If I'll take from your house (Dmitry's house) a very important thing I'll be very surprised if you will be so negative.

Don't you understand that TAG EDITOR IS A VERY IMPORTANT TOOL FOR US? Now RB looks very ugly... Do you like it?
Why it's ugly? I've been using RB 4.9 for about 2 months already and when I started RB 4.8 yesterday I found that 4.8 looks ugly compared to 4.9.
A minor feature is missing and you're ready to kill everyone... File name field will be brought back along with "Fill tag from filename" button.
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
pety said:
Just compare:
Nice : http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3326.0;attach=3625;image
Ugly : http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3326.0;attach=3627;image
Older tag editor will produce you exactly the same error message when it's unable save a tag for some reason.
 

Joshua

New member
djsoft said:
Joshua,
If the file wasn't playing (it won't edit tags while file is playing), please send this file to support@djsoft.net for analysis.

hello,
done! I have to restart the radio boss as admin
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
pety said:
Dmitry, TAG Editor will not come back? That is I want to know.
Tag editor tab is removed and is not going to be returned.
New tag editor now exists under playlist and have the same features as the old one did... Except that it doesn't have Filename field.

Joshua said:
done! I have to restart the radio boss as admin
It looks like that mp3 file access rights disallowed users to modify it. Instead of using RB as admin another solution would be to correct file permissions.
 

dave-t

New member
First impressions

Music library: sorting by track title now sorts by artist and then title

Excellent - works much better  :)

Scheduler: set font and backgorund color for events

Can't find where to do this ?

File Type can be assigned from Track Tool

Excellent  8)

Scheduler: new command "makelibrary" to create/update music library files (details below)

Automated library updates - excellent, need to play with this  ;)

 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
dave-t said:
Found it! - Hmm had an idea which I will get back to you on
I've been preparing a screenshot to show where it is but I see now it's not necessary :)
 

dave-t

New member
Might still be an idea for those who haven't  ;)

thinking out loud - I like this very much as I can set a different background color for schedules within schedules or a news feed etc.

I also like the idea of have the "currently running schedule" highlighted. I am not running the beta on the playout system so don't know what this looks like in practice. However the font is already set to BOLD in the schedule window so don't know how it wold look.

What would be very nice is to have a different background color for the "current playing schedule" - say green background with bold white font - what do you think ?
 

Joshua

New member
Joshua said:
done! I have to restart the radio boss as admin
It looks like that mp3 file access rights disallowed users to modify it. Instead of using RB as admin another solution would be to correct file permissions.



Hm, in Winamp i can change the Tag (same File) and no Problems..in RB 4.8 no Problems....
 
P

pety

Guest
djsoft
Except that it doesn't have Filename field.
What you can do to see Filename field?

You can copy that piece of code from old Tag Editor (path) to paste it into the new one. Will you do that?
And to have the same characteristics (select, copy & paste).
If you will do that I'll be happy (!?).
 

Attachments

  • path.jpg
    path.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 559

dave-t

New member
What happened to the "track replay gain" information

I have set it to use track replay gain but cannot see the display any more - and I am not 100% sure it is working ?

Dave
 

nelson c

Active member
Early mistakes found:
* When I delete a DSP is active, is activated
* In ADS Scheduler: Changing commercial tildes are lost (when scheduling)
I really like the changes in Interfas, all you need is like @pety, you can select the file path easier to generate the metadata.

Congratulations on the new version! :)


EDIT:
Another error:
API reference:
- Parameter inserttrack, works in a strange way:
example
(-1) Inserts the track at the beginning of the list
(-2) Insert the end of the track list
(-3) Inserts the track a song before the current track
(-4) Announces an error "List index out of bounds (-3)" (It's strange because it shows a number less than the entered)
 

Attachments

  • bugreport_20130315-133354.txt
    28 KB · Views: 481

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
Joshua said:
Hm, in Winamp i can change the Tag (same File) and no Problems..in RB 4.8 no Problems....
ID3v2 tagging has been reworked completely. Please send one or two tracks for which RB can not edit tags to support@djsoft.net - problem will be fixed.

pety said:
You can copy that piece of code from old Tag Editor (path) to paste it into the new one. Will you do that?
And to have the same characteristics (select, copy & paste).
If you will do that I'll be happy (!?).
Yes, filename field will be added to the new tag editor.

dave-t said:
Looks like file written with ID3V2.4 are not having the replay gain info being read
Strange... Please send one of those tracks to support@djsoft.net for analysis.
ReplayGain displayed in the same place as in the previous versions.

nelson c said:
Early mistakes found:
* When I delete a DSP is active, is activated
* In ADS Scheduler: Changing commercial tildes are lost (when scheduling)
I really like the changes in Interfas, all you need is like @pety, you can select the file path easier to generate the metadata.
1. Thank you for reporting
2. Please give more information on this bug.

nelson c said:
Congratulations on the new version! :)
Thanks :)

nelson c said:
Another error:
API reference:
- Parameter inserttrack, works in a strange way:
example
(-1) Inserts the track at the beginning of the list
(-2) Insert the end of the track list
(-3) Inserts the track a song before the current track
(-4) Announces an error "List index out of bounds (-3)" (It's strange because it shows a number less than the entered)
Only -1 and -2 values are valid. The next version will ignore all parameter values outside valid range.
 

djsoft

Well-known member
Staff member
dave-t said:
What would be very nice is to have a different background color for the "current playing schedule" - say green background with bold white font - what do you think ?
Currently playing schedule (actually, it's the most recently launched event) is marked with a small red dot in the icon.
Also in the program title it shows the latest launched file name or command.
Please see the picture attached.
 

Attachments

  • 3-15-2013 9-26-28 PM.png
    3-15-2013 9-26-28 PM.png
    37.2 KB · Views: 543

dave-t

New member
djsoft said:
dave-t said:
Looks like file written with ID3V2.4 are not having the replay gain info being read
Strange... Please send one of those tracks to support@djsoft.net for analysis.
ReplayGain displayed in the same place as in the previous versions.

Looks like it is my fault - sorry  :-[

If you recall I stripped all tags except ID3V2.4 - looks like it stripped the replay gain in the process - Ok lets re "normalise" 40,000 tracks  :'(

However, I have found one problem. Album artwork with a PNG origin is not being displayed
 

nelson c

Active member
nelson c said:
Another error:
API reference:
- Parameter inserttrack, works in a strange way:
example
(-1) Inserts the track at the beginning of the list
(-2) Insert the end of the track list
(-3) Inserts the track a song before the current track
(-4) Announces an error "List index out of bounds (-3)" (It's strange because it shows a number less than the entered)
Only -1 and -2 values are valid. The next version will ignore all parameter values outside valid range.
Yes I know, but what I mean functional commands that bad.
I get the feeling that they are a back issue (for example -2 which should make -1)
When you want to insert a track like "next", is asiga before the track being played, so it will not play. (Itself as enteriormente said, according to the documentation, this is active at -2, but actually have to use -3 for this function, apartir -4 shows the error I said in the previous post)

Later I will comment better ADS error Scheduler
 

dave-t

New member
djsoft said:
dave-t said:
What would be very nice is to have a different background color for the "current playing schedule" - say green background with bold white font - what do you think ?
Currently playing schedule (actually, it's the most recently launched event) is marked with a small red dot in the icon.
Also in the program title it shows the latest launched file name or command.
Please see the picture attached.

As previously discussed I have a serious sight problem - I have been reading and writing braille for 40 years  ;)  When you say small red dot - I believe you  :D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top