• English
  • Deutsch
  • Español
  • Русский
Professional Radio Automation at a price you can afford.Professional Radio Automation at a price you can afford.
RadioBOSS box
RadioBOSS makes automating your broadcast to the world, your business or shop professional, simple, affordable, reliable.

Author Topic: RadioBOSS 4.9 [beta]  (Read 231799 times)

Joshua

Re: RadioBOSS 4.9 [beta]
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2013, 08:53:51 AM »

done! I have to restart the radio boss as admin
It looks like that mp3 file access rights disallowed users to modify it. Instead of using RB as admin another solution would be to correct file permissions.

Hm, in Winamp i can change the Tag (same File) and no Problems..in RB 4.8 no Problems....

pety

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2013, 10:13:31 AM »
djsoft
Quote (selected)
Except that it doesn't have Filename field.
What you can do to see Filename field?

You can copy that piece of code from old Tag Editor (path) to paste it into the new one. Will you do that?
And to have the same characteristics (select, copy & paste).
If you will do that I'll be happy (!?).
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 10:18:50 AM by pety »

dave-t

• For The Music We Have Lived
    • Radio 45 Gold
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2013, 10:53:38 AM »
What happened to the "track replay gain" information

I have set it to use track replay gain but cannot see the display any more - and I am not 100% sure it is working ?

Dave
Regards
Dave

Web:-      www.radio45gold.co.uk
Twitter: - @Radio45Gold

dave-t

• Radio 45 Gold
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2013, 11:15:49 AM »
Looks like file written with ID3V2.4 are not having the replay gain info being read
Regards
Dave

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2013, 11:39:16 AM »
Early mistakes found:
* When I delete a DSP is active, is activated
* In ADS Scheduler: Changing commercial tildes are lost (when scheduling)
I really like the changes in Interfas, all you need is like @pety, you can select the file path easier to generate the metadata.

Congratulations on the new version! :)

EDIT:
Another error:
API reference:
- Parameter inserttrack, works in a strange way:
example
(-1) Inserts the track at the beginning of the list
(-2) Insert the end of the track list
(-3) Inserts the track a song before the current track
(-4) Announces an error "List index out of bounds (-3)" (It's strange because it shows a number less than the entered)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 12:10:46 PM by nelson c »

djsoft

• Administrator
    • http://www.djsoft.net
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2013, 12:22:21 PM »
Hm, in Winamp i can change the Tag (same File) and no Problems..in RB 4.8 no Problems....
ID3v2 tagging has been reworked completely. Please send one or two tracks for which RB can not edit tags to support@djsoft.net - problem will be fixed.

You can copy that piece of code from old Tag Editor (path) to paste it into the new one. Will you do that?
And to have the same characteristics (select, copy & paste).
If you will do that I'll be happy (!?).
Yes, filename field will be added to the new tag editor.

Looks like file written with ID3V2.4 are not having the replay gain info being read
Strange... Please send one of those tracks to support@djsoft.net for analysis.
ReplayGain displayed in the same place as in the previous versions.

Early mistakes found:
* When I delete a DSP is active, is activated
* In ADS Scheduler: Changing commercial tildes are lost (when scheduling)
I really like the changes in Interfas, all you need is like @pety, you can select the file path easier to generate the metadata.
1. Thank you for reporting
2. Please give more information on this bug.

Congratulations on the new version! :)

Another error:
API reference:
example
(-4) Announces an error "List index out of bounds (-3)" (It's strange because it shows a number less than the entered)
Only -1 and -2 values are valid. The next version will ignore all parameter values outside valid range.
Dmitry  •  DJSoft.Net Team  •  Email: support@djsoft.net

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2013, 12:27:42 PM »
What would be very nice is to have a different background color for the "current playing schedule" - say green background with bold white font - what do you think ?
Currently playing schedule (actually, it's the most recently launched event) is marked with a small red dot in the icon.
Also in the program title it shows the latest launched file name or command.
Please see the picture attached.

dave-t

• Radio 45 Gold
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2013, 12:32:20 PM »

Strange... Please send one of those tracks to support@djsoft.net for analysis.
ReplayGain displayed in the same place as in the previous versions.

Looks like it is my fault - sorry  :-[

If you recall I stripped all tags except ID3V2.4 - looks like it stripped the replay gain in the process - Ok lets re "normalise" 40,000 tracks  :'(

However, I have found one problem. Album artwork with a PNG origin is not being displayed
Regards
Dave

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2013, 12:33:22 PM »
Quote (selected)
Another error:
API reference:
example
Only -1 and -2 values are valid. The next version will ignore all parameter values outside valid range.
Yes I know, but what I mean functional commands that bad.
I get the feeling that they are a back issue (for example -2 which should make -1)
When you want to insert a track like "next", is asiga before the track being played, so it will not play. (Itself as enteriormente said, according to the documentation, this is active at -2, but actually have to use -3 for this function, apartir -4 shows the error I said in the previous post)

Later I will comment better ADS error Scheduler
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 12:40:27 PM by nelson c »

dave-t

• Radio 45 Gold
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2013, 12:36:24 PM »
What would be very nice is to have a different background color for the "current playing schedule" - say green background with bold white font - what do you think ?
Currently playing schedule (actually, it's the most recently launched event) is marked with a small red dot in the icon.
Also in the program title it shows the latest launched file name or command.
Please see the picture attached.

As previously discussed I have a serious sight problem - I have been reading and writing braille for 40 years  ;)  When you say small red dot - I believe you  :D
Regards
Dave

pety

« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2013, 11:33:16 PM »
Search explorer crashed RB

pety

« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2013, 11:45:40 PM »
Search module in RB explorer is useless. It doesn't make search in folders. RB is not more simple, it becomes simplist (juvenil). I am very sad about the way in wich RB goes. Very very sad.

You destroyed TAG Editor, after so much improvements to it (there were our requests after our needs). Nobody in that world do that.

How can you destroy what you work to do? Look there: http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,2794.msg8122.html#msg8122 [nofollow] (read all posts)

If nothing change we will stay with 4.8 for good. I will not recommend RB4.9 to our Radio Stations. If all our requests are destroyed in time our expectations will be zero. Everything became relative in RB. That's stupid. Who want a soft wich is transformed over night in something strange. No way.

Dmitry, please read that, re-read it and try to understand the real situation. If you have a nice car - BMW - and I transform it in an old Lada would you like it? Maybe yes, but I wouldnt.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 12:07:55 AM by pety »

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2013, 03:05:32 AM »
If you recall I stripped all tags except ID3V2.4 - looks like it stripped the replay gain in the process - Ok lets re "normalise" 40,000 tracks  :'(
Yes, I also remember I told you that it's not necessary :) Good thing is that normalization can be done automatically. You can just leave your PC for couple of days doing the job.

However, I have found one problem. Album artwork with a PNG origin is not being displayed
I don't think it's PNG issue because we tested it with all possible album art formats. Please send a track for which it can not read artwork to support@djsoft.net

Yes I know, but what I mean functional commands that bad.
I get the feeling that they are a back issue (for example -2 which should make -1)
Ah, OK. Sorry I missed that. This will be fixed in the next update.

As previously discussed I have a serious sight problem - I have been reading and writing braille for 40 years  ;)  When you say small red dot - I believe you  :D
Maybe select the "current" schedule with bold font. The same as currently playing track is marked in the Playlist.
Changing colors is not a good approach... People will start reporting "bugs" like "I selected Red background color and White font but when task started its color changed, please fix ASAP!" :)

Search explorer crashed RB
When this happens next time please click "Details" and then "Send bug report".

Search module in RB explorer is useless. It doesn't make search in folders.
Search in explorer searches only items which are open, it doesn't do full disk search. It will just help you to locate a file in the folder.

RB is not more simple, it becomes simplist (juvenil). I am very sad about the way in wich RB goes. Very very sad.
Nothing was removed (except for a small "filename" feature which will be brought back). Everything else either unchanged or improved. I don't understand all those complains.
UI should evolve. Now screens are bigger and there's no need to hide tag editor in the tabs, making users constantly switch between them.
Every UI change some people complain (at first)... If we've listened to them, the UI will stay as it was in the first version back in 2003 :) See attach.

You destroyed TAG Editor, after so much improvements to it (there were our requests after our needs).
Nobody in that world do that.
Is there anything else besides "Filename" field that was "destroyed"?

If you have a nice car - BMW - and I transform it in an old Lada would you like it? Maybe yes, but I wouldnt.
You can buy a new BMW and some features which were in your older BWM could be removed.

lukass2000

• Radio Free Wave
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2013, 04:09:56 AM »
Hi!

Love the new encoder inputs, its great and works perfect :)

Is also a status indicator and a volume indicator provided on the main window???
Now you have a little bit control about external signals?

Will now test more :)
THANK YOU!
RADIO FREIE WELLE - www.freie-welle.net - webradio - free musicdownload - community

dave-t

• Radio 45 Gold
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2013, 06:10:13 AM »
Yes, I also remember I told you that it's not necessary :) Good thing is that normalization can be done automatically. You can just leave your PC for couple of days doing the job.

Think you told me AFTER I had  done it  :D As you say it is an automated proces so no problem  :)

I don't think it's PNG issue because we tested it with all possible album art formats. Please send a track for which it can not read artwork to support@djsoft.net

See attachment. In actual fact no artwork is being displayed - just a gray box ? On my Win 7 box (production) nothing happens if I click on the gray image. On my win 8 machine (playout) if I click on the box the artwork pops up - the wrong artwork as it happens !

Maybe select the "current" schedule with bold font. The same as currently playing track is marked in the Playlist.
Changing colors is not a good approach... People will start reporting "bugs" like "I selected Red background color and White font but when task started its color changed, please fix ASAP!" :)

Yep I understand the dilemma here. I have set background colors for certain schedules which I really like. I can see the highlighted color and it means something to me - just find int difficult to find the "current" playlist because the highlight simply is not visible - to me.

Having the "current" schedule as bold may be OK. don't worry about it too much - a couple of release ago it wasn;t there at all and I still like RB then  ;) ;)

The new crossfading seem to work really well  8) like it

« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 07:22:16 AM by djsoft »
Regards
Dave