• English
  • Deutsch
  • Español
  • Русский
Professional Radio Automation at a price you can afford.Professional Radio Automation at a price you can afford.
RadioBOSS box
RadioBOSS makes automating your broadcast to the world, your business or shop professional, simple, affordable, reliable.

Author Topic: RadioBOSS Cloud [alpha]  (Read 102552 times)

SertanejaPop

• Sertaneja Pop
Re: RadioBOSS Cloud [alpha]
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2017, 06:22:46 PM »
I was unable to schedule a URL at specific times
www.sertanejapop.com.br • A Rádio Sertaneja do Brasil com assinatura RadioBOSS Cloud!

djsoft

• Administrator
    • http://www.djsoft.net
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2017, 07:48:48 AM »
It occurred to me that this was built from the API. That's why I thought I could then be used to create a remote control from the desktop version.
Theoretically, yes - but it's easier to use Windows Remote Desktop to manage your own RadioBOSS on Windows. Web UI does not add much value in this case. So I'm afraid Web UI for RadioBOSS is not going to happen. But RadioBOSS Cloud will offer more and more features over time :)

My idea is to have two panels: on one side the main list and the other, a media manager that allows you to add files to the playlist. In the same way as on RadioBOSS
The initial idea was to focus on unattended operation, without manual playlist modification. But ability to quickly add tracks to the playlist would be a nice addition.

But it has very good ideas that we can get out of here.
Here attached an image created with the Paint of how it could be the interface in the future.
Looks good. Will be noted for the next UI update :)

Is in the plans to add a map with the countries of listeners as has Centova Cast? 
Yes, it'll be in the reports section, currently under development.
Dmitry  •  DJSoft.Net Team  •  Email: support@djsoft.net

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2017, 09:01:11 AM »
I'd need the Icecast server to include DSP Processing , so I could use StereoTool on the live stream and auto dj.
Technically, StereoTool processes the stream before it reaches Icecast - Icecast just sends stream to the listeners, with no modifications.
I see two problems with using StereoTool in the Cloud:
1. Legal: I'm not sure if their licensing terms allow such usage.
2. Technical: as far as I'm aware, StereoTool does not offer any kind of remote control, without it it would be impossible to make any changes to its configuration from the web page.

I'd need the ability to create individual Icecast Mountpoints (for each dj) so they would use individual passwords.
That's what we have planned. Currently we consider implementing it another way: one mount point for DJs, but the mount point has multiple access credentials, so each DJ will have their own login/password.

I have a very big Schedule, at the moment the Schedule page would get very confusing very quickly for me.  Airtime do a very good job at doing this, something like that would be brilliant.
Scheduler window occupies almost full screen size in RB Cloud. We can offer some options to group and filter events in the future. How many events do you usually have in the list?

Apart from that, very good work sir !
Thank you!

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2017, 09:06:25 AM »
I checked your account and the setup appears to be correct. I also see in logs that scheduled stream was played for about two hours. Can you please provide more information on the problem?

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2017, 10:13:27 AM »
as far as I'm aware, StereoTool does not offer any kind of remote control, without it it would be impossible to make any changes to its configuration from the web page.
Stereo Tool has a Web control through which all settings can be made.

1. Legal: I'm not sure if their licensing terms allow such usage.
I don't think there's any problem if the user inserts his license, from the Web interface this is possible.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 10:16:09 AM by nelson c »

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2017, 10:41:31 AM »
Theoretically, yes - but it's easier to use Windows Remote Desktop to manage your own RadioBOSS on Windows
I disagree. The API is much more fluid.
I remember in an opportunity that was in the middle of the farm with a connection to Internet 2G very bad, which hardly opened Google with much difficulty. The API worked great in an application that I developed in Delphi. With that connection there was been impossible to use Remote Desktop or TeamViewer

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2017, 11:39:50 AM »
Stereo Tool has a Web control through which all settings can be made.
Here's the warning I see in the StereoTool help about it: http://help.stereotool.com/7.40/web_interface.shtml
Quote (selected)
Important: At this moment the web interface is NOT protected against unauthorized use. Anyone can get in and change settings. So DO NOT USE THIS on a system with an open internet connection.
Of course we can proxy it and add a layer of authorization. Another thing: StereoTool is resource (CPU) intensive. It will be considered in the future.

With that connection there was been impossible to use Remote Desktop or TeamViewer
I agree there are some cases when this could be useful, but this is a pretty rare case, and with Internet connection becoming more stable and faster every year, it's simply do not worth the effort of developing fully featured web UI...
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 11:43:37 AM by djsoft »

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2017, 11:57:06 AM »
StereoTool is resource (CPU) intensive. It will be considered in the future.
Undoubtedly the big problem here, although perhaps some users are willing to pay a higher plan for this feature!
I know that StereoTool has temporary licenses, for example, one month in duration.
Maybe it would be a question to get in touch with the StereoTool developer and thus provide a complete package !.
For example, hire the RadioBOSS Cloud service for one year with a license of stereotool for the same term. And a higher price than the package without processing because hardware is needed to support it.

For now, having the compressor and internal equalizer of RadioBOSS could be interesting!

« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 12:02:47 PM by nelson c »

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2017, 02:13:55 PM »
get in touch with the StereoTool developer and thus provide a complete package
That what I was thinking about too, maybe acquire some sort of server-wide license, but that's going to happen once RadioBOSS Cloud itself is ready - and that could take some time :)

For now, having the compressor and internal equalizer of RadioBOSS could be interesting!
Yes, those will be added in one of the nearest updates.

nelson c

• Experienced user
    • Radio Music
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2017, 03:00:59 PM »
Quote from: nelson c on October 29, 2017, 05:43:44 PM
It occurred to me that this was built from the API. That's why I thought I could then be used to create a remote control from the desktop version.
Theoretically, yes
I think they added more commands in RadioBOSS to build this. Isn't it? (As for example to view the log)
If so, it would be good to be documented in RB 5.7 so that all users of the program can use these commands :)

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2017, 05:12:10 AM »
I think they added more commands in RadioBOSS to build this. Isn't it? (As for example to view the log)
If so, it would be good to be documented in RB 5.7 so that all users of the program can use these commands
Most of the new commands will be documented, some (those that are too specific to RadioBOSS Cloud implementation) will stay undocumented.

I moved the web interface request to a separate topic: https://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,5002.0.html

SertanejaPop

• Sertaneja Pop
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2017, 06:02:26 AM »
I checked your account and the setup appears to be correct. I also see in logs that scheduled stream was played for about two hours. Can you please provide more information on the problem?
www.sertanejapop.com.br • A Rádio Sertaneja do Brasil com assinatura RadioBOSS Cloud!

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2017, 09:47:04 AM »
Wheslley thank you - that's a bug, will be fixed shortly.

XAVIER33230

« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2017, 10:51:32 AM »
Quote from: XAVIER33230 on October 29, 2017, 11:42:14 AM
Simply have the opportunity, to put a sound treatment of one's choice. Possible or not in the future?

yes the possibility of putting a sound treatment in external dsp

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2017, 11:54:28 AM »
yes the possibility of putting a sound treatment in external dsp
We'll add equalizer and compressor DSPs (as in desktop version of RadioBOSS), and may be some pre-installed 3rd party plugins. What kind of DSP would you like to see?