RadioBOSS Cloud [alpha]

Status
Not open for further replies.
djsoft said:
Theoretically, yes - but it's easier to use Windows Remote Desktop to manage your own RadioBOSS on Windows
I disagree. The API is much more fluid.
I remember in an opportunity that was in the middle of the farm with a connection to Internet 2G very bad, which hardly opened Google with much difficulty. The API worked great in an application that I developed in Delphi. With that connection there was been impossible to use Remote Desktop or TeamViewer

nelson c said:
Stereo Tool has a Web control through which all settings can be made.
Here's the warning I see in the StereoTool help about it: http://help.stereotool.com/7.40/web_interface.shtml
Important: At this moment the web interface is NOT protected against unauthorized use. Anyone can get in and change settings. So DO NOT USE THIS on a system with an open internet connection.
Of course we can proxy it and add a layer of authorization. Another thing: StereoTool is resource (CPU) intensive. It will be considered in the future.

nelson c said:
With that connection there was been impossible to use Remote Desktop or TeamViewer
I agree there are some cases when this could be useful, but this is a pretty rare case, and with Internet connection becoming more stable and faster every year, it's simply do not worth the effort of developing fully featured web UI...

djsoft said:
StereoTool is resource (CPU) intensive. It will be considered in the future.
Undoubtedly the big problem here, although perhaps some users are willing to pay a higher plan for this feature!
I know that StereoTool has temporary licenses, for example, one month in duration.
Maybe it would be a question to get in touch with the StereoTool developer and thus provide a complete package !.
For example, hire the RadioBOSS Cloud service for one year with a license of stereotool for the same term. And a higher price than the package without processing because hardware is needed to support it.

For now, having the compressor and internal equalizer of RadioBOSS could be interesting!

nelson c said:
get in touch with the StereoTool developer and thus provide a complete package
That what I was thinking about too, maybe acquire some sort of server-wide license, but that's going to happen once RadioBOSS Cloud itself is ready - and that could take some time :)

nelson c said:
For now, having the compressor and internal equalizer of RadioBOSS could be interesting!
Yes, those will be added in one of the nearest updates.

djsoft said:
Quote from: nelson c on October 29, 2017, 05:43:44 PM
It occurred to me that this was built from the API. That's why I thought I could then be used to create a remote control from the desktop version.
Theoretically, yes
I think they added more commands in RadioBOSS to build this. Isn't it? (As for example to view the log)
If so, it would be good to be documented in RB 5.7 so that all users of the program can use these commands :)

nelson c said:
I think they added more commands in RadioBOSS to build this. Isn't it? (As for example to view the log)
If so, it would be good to be documented in RB 5.7 so that all users of the program can use these commands
Most of the new commands will be documented, some (those that are too specific to RadioBOSS Cloud implementation) will stay undocumented.

I moved the web interface request to a separate topic: https://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,5002.0.html

djsoft said:
Wheslley said:
I was unable to schedule a URL at specific times
I checked your account and the setup appears to be correct. I also see in logs that scheduled stream was played for about two hours. Can you please provide more information on the problem?

Attachments

• 001232.JPG
    001232.JPG
    266.7 KB · Views: 595
Quote from: XAVIER33230 on October 29, 2017, 11:42:14 AM
Simply have the opportunity, to put a sound treatment of one's choice. Possible or not in the future?

yes the possibility of putting a sound treatment in external dsp

XAVIER33230 said:
yes the possibility of putting a sound treatment in external dsp
We'll add equalizer and compressor DSPs (as in desktop version of RadioBOSS), and may be some pre-installed 3rd party plugins. What kind of DSP would you like to see?

Once set, the time disappeared after leaving, is this normal?

They could check the settings used for music, they are interfering in the others, for example: the Fade in used in songs is being used in Jingle or vignette, even leaving Jingle unmarked.

Attachments

• 0123.jpg
    0123.jpg
    333.7 KB · Views: 594
Wheslley said:
Once set, the time disappeared after leaving, is this normal?
Not normal :) Can you please tell me what web browser do you use (name and version)?

Wheslley said:
Google Chrome
Vers?o 62.0.3202.75 (Vers?o oficial) 64 bits
Just tested it on this version and the problem does not confirm... Do you use any extensions? It could be that some of them causes problems.

This is just an error I mentioned, the other one does not seem to be browser-related, if I set up fade in for songs it uses the same setting for the other file types.

Wheslley said:
This is just an error I mentioned, the other one does not seem to be browser-related, if I set up fade in for songs it uses the same setting for the other file types.
That's what is odd, we can't reproduce here in neither of the major browsers...

Important note about those settings. Fade in, mix and fade out - if you don't have the checkbox set for those in file type settings, then it will use the setting from the music.

For instance, you have Mix set to 3 seconds for the "music" and it's checked. Then if you set Mix to zero in one of the file types, but do not check "Mix" - then the file type will have a mix setting of 3 seconds. The UI will be modified to make this more obvious.

RadioBOSS Cloud v0.1.1

Changes:
- Saving settings does not trigger "Save password" browser prompt
- Now playing song title is displayed at the top
- UI improvements in Media section
- Improved played progress bar movement in the Overview section
- Fixed: unable to create event with network stream and duration specified
- Fixed: double-click in events list to edit an event sometimes didn't work properly

djsoft said:
Wheslley said:
That's what is odd, we can't reproduce here in neither of the major browsers...

Important note about those settings. Fade in, mix and fade out - if you don't have the checkbox set for those in file type settings, then it will use the setting from the music.

For instance, you have Mix set to 3 seconds for the "music" and it's checked. Then if you set Mix to zero in one of the file types, but do not check "Mix" - then the file type will have a mix setting of 3 seconds. The UI will be modified to make this more obvious.

But I also tested different times for the other file types

I do not know if this continues happening in this new version.
But I do not like that the panel of the current track and next track will be modified according to the length of the title. I think I should have a fixed size :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back