• English
  • Deutsch
  • Español
  • Русский
Professional Radio Automation at a price you can afford.Professional Radio Automation at a price you can afford.
RadioBOSS box
RadioBOSS makes automating your broadcast to the world, your business or shop professional, simple, affordable, reliable.

Author Topic: What an alternative to a stereo tool  (Read 3077 times)

Sasa Grbic

• Radio Grmljavina
What an alternative to a stereo tool
« on: March 06, 2018, 07:26:14 AM »
Hello. Today I've tried the Vst version of the Stereo tool plugin. Plugin is great, it works great, but its interface is inaccessible to screen readers. This means that blind users can not change the settings in this plugin. Are there any equally good alternatives to this plugin so I can see what is available to screen readers?

Steffen Schultz

• Powerradio4u
Re: What an alternative to a stereo tool
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 05:28:36 PM »
VST GUIs are generally a problem for screen readers. The only chance to get access to the controls are VST hosts which allow a direct access without using the plugin's own GUI. Audacity and reaper can do this for instance, but not RadioBoss and RadioCaster.

As an alternative to stereo tool you can try JB broadcast, downloadable from the DJSoft.net homepage. The GUI isn't accessible too, but there are some built-in presets available which are suitable for most use cases. RadioBoss however can't select these presets or can't select them in an accessible way, but with a combination of VSTHost and VB Cable you'll get a half-accessible solution.

HTH
Steffen

djsoft

• Administrator
    • http://www.djsoft.net
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2018, 10:24:20 AM »
The only chance to get access to the controls are VST hosts which allow a direct access without using the plugin's own GUI. Audacity and reaper can do this for instance, but not RadioBoss and RadioCaster.
This is interesting. We'll investigate this and if possible, implement this in one of the next updates.

Currently I'm not sure what the solution would be.

StereoTool has web interface, and it should be accessible. But it's not secure as they describe it: http://help.stereotool.com/7.40/web_interface.shtml
Dmitry  •  DJSoft.Net Team  •  Email: support@djsoft.net

tommyboy

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 06:27:51 AM »
Well... Allmost all VST plugins seem to have issues with this. There is no way to load a preset or save a preset. Disable a plugin and most of the time your settings are byebye :(.

djsoft

• Administrator
    • http://www.djsoft.net
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 01:49:22 PM »
Disable a plugin and most of the time your settings are byebye .
In this case, I suggest not disabling the plugin, instead, activate the Bypass option - most plugins have it.
Dmitry  •  DJSoft.Net Team  •  Email: support@djsoft.net