What an alternative to a stereo tool

Sasa Grbic

Hello. Today I've tried the Vst version of the Stereo tool plugin. Plugin is great, it works great, but its interface is inaccessible to screen readers. This means that blind users can not change the settings in this plugin. Are there any equally good alternatives to this plugin so I can see what is available to screen readers?

VST GUIs are generally a problem for screen readers. The only chance to get access to the controls are VST hosts which allow a direct access without using the plugin's own GUI. Audacity and reaper can do this for instance, but not RadioBoss and RadioCaster.

As an alternative to stereo tool you can try JB broadcast, downloadable from the DJSoft.net homepage. The GUI isn't accessible too, but there are some built-in presets available which are suitable for most use cases. RadioBoss however can't select these presets or can't select them in an accessible way, but with a combination of VSTHost and VB Cable you'll get a half-accessible solution.

HTH
Steffen

Steffen Schultz said:
The only chance to get access to the controls are VST hosts which allow a direct access without using the plugin's own GUI. Audacity and reaper can do this for instance, but not RadioBoss and RadioCaster.
This is interesting. We'll investigate this and if possible, implement this in one of the next updates.

Currently I'm not sure what the solution would be.

StereoTool has web interface, and it should be accessible. But it's not secure as they describe it: http://help.stereotool.com/7.40/web_interface.shtml

Well... Allmost all VST plugins seem to have issues with this. There is no way to load a preset or save a preset. Disable a plugin and most of the time your settings are byebye :(.

Attachments

• vst.PNG
    vst.PNG
    173.5 KB · Views: 1,295
tommyboy said:
Disable a plugin and most of the time your settings are byebye .
In this case, I suggest not disabling the plugin, instead, activate the Bypass option - most plugins have it.

In this case, I suggest not disabling the plugin, instead, activate the Bypass option - most plugins have it.
Hello, even if you do not disable the VST plugins, when Radioboss is closed and subsequently reopened, all the settings of the various VSTs are lost. Such a pity.

Hello, even if you do not disable the VST plugins, when Radioboss is closed and subsequently reopened, all the settings of the various VSTs are lost. Such a pity.
This indicates some problems with your PC - wither a hardware problem, or some other software (e.g. antivirus) doesn't let RadioBOSS save or read the settings. It's not a problem with RadioBOSS - all the settings are saved and loaded, and there's nothing else we can do about it.

This indicates some problems with your PC - wither a hardware problem, or some other software (e.g. antivirus) doesn't let RadioBOSS save or read the settings. It's not a problem with RadioBOSS - all the settings are saved and loaded, and there's nothing else we can do about it.
It is not a problem with my pc, as I have tried demos with other automation software. The settings of the various VSTs are kept, so I don't know what the problem is with Radioboss. Sincerely p.s. As an antivirus I use the default provided by windows.

It is not a problem with my pc, as I have tried demos with other automation software. The settings of the various VSTs are kept, so I don't know what the problem is with Radioboss. Sincerely p.s. As an antivirus I use the default provided by windows.
Does it lose settings for all VSt plugins, or only for some?

Does it lose settings for all VSt plugins, or only for some?
Of all the ones I've tried, I can't remember by heart, all of them lose their settings. I left a video by email, here it is difficult for me to post it. Greetings

Of all the ones I've tried, I can't remember by heart, all of them lose their settings. I left a video by email, here it is difficult for me to post it. Greetings
This is odd... I'm not sure what the reason could be, because it doesn't reproduce here. Maybe you should wait for the next major update, it has lots of changes and sometimes problems like this go away.

Back