• English
  • Deutsch
  • Español
  • Русский
Professional Radio Automation at a price you can afford.Professional Radio Automation at a price you can afford.
RadioBOSS box
RadioBOSS makes automating your broadcast to the world, your business or shop professional, simple, affordable, reliable.

Author Topic: RadioBOSS Cloud [beta]  (Read 99733 times)

djsoft

• Administrator
    • http://www.djsoft.net
Re: RadioBOSS Cloud [beta]
« Reply #180 on: March 25, 2019, 10:19:38 AM »
on the cloud reports can you sort it so our listener figures don't have to show on reports and if we can do most playcounts to the least amount of plays
You can export the report in .CSV format and then remove the columns you don't need.

When playing in order, is it the alphabetical order, or the upload order on the server?
It is so called natural sorting order. That is, when file names contain numbers, it will sort by those numbers. If there are no numbers, it will sort alphabetically. This is more complicated actually, but generally it works like this. It it the same sorting as in Windows Explorer when you sort files by file names.

I would like to stream from RadioBoss Cloud at 192 Kbps MP3.

Should I rip my CD's to 192k MP3?

Or should I rip my CD's to FLAC?

If I stream at 192 Kbps MP3 will I get better sound quality using FLAC files instead of 192k MP3 files?
While there would be no perceivable difference between mp3@192kbps and FLAC, I'd recommend ripping to FLAC as it's lossless compression so there's no quality degradation (even minor). If you want to store lots of tracks, however, MP3 may be a better choice as it's generally about four times smaller than FLAC.
Dmitry  •  DJSoft.Net Team  •  Email: support@djsoft.net

actucast

• Actucast
« Reply #181 on: March 25, 2019, 02:36:04 PM »
It's strange ... He threw me the files in the mess 2 times in a row ...

I have another suggestion, could you add an option to send a tweet when a planned event is triggered, or when live?

SertanejaPop

• Sertaneja Pop
« Reply #182 on: March 25, 2019, 04:30:07 PM »
I tried to download my songs from the RadioBOSS Cloud server, I saw that the speed is very slow, is the download speed limited?
www.sertanejapop.com.br • A Rádio Sertaneja do Brasil com assinatura RadioBOSS Cloud!

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #183 on: March 26, 2019, 03:21:28 AM »
threw me the files in the mess 2 times in a row ...
When did it happen? We'll see the logs.

I have another suggestion, could you add an option to send a tweet when a planned event is triggered, or when live?
Currently tweets are only sent when a track starts playing. You can put the first track in the event's playlist so that it will send the text you need.

I tried to download my songs from the RadioBOSS Cloud server, I saw that the speed is very slow, is the download speed limited?
Yes, the speed is limited on server side.

John Drake

« Reply #184 on: March 26, 2019, 08:52:12 AM »
Is it fair to say that MP3 files will be COMPRESSED TWICE, while FLAC files will only be COMPRESSED ONCE?

A FLAC file will only be compressed once while being streamed by RadioBoss Cloud:
FLAC > RadioBoss Cloud > 192 Kbps MP3 stream

On the other hand, an MP3 file is compressed once when converted from FLAC to MP3, then may be compressed again while being streamed at 192 Kbps:
FLAC > 192k MP3 file > RadioBoss Cloud > 192 Kbps MP3 stream

Is the 192k MP3 file COMPRESSED AGAIN or is it just PASSED THROUGH by RadioBoss Cloud?

Thanks again...

actucast

• Actucast
« Reply #185 on: March 26, 2019, 02:54:39 PM »
threw me the files in the mess 2 times in a row ...
When did it happen? We'll see the logs.

It was Saturday 23 at 4 pm (European time, Paris)

Currently tweets are only sent when a track starts playing. You can put the first track in the event's playlist so that it will send the text you need.
But I do not want tweets to be posted to every title change. is it possible to automatically send a tweet for a particular title?

edited by djsoft: fixed quote tags
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 01:13:34 AM by djsoft »

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #186 on: March 27, 2019, 01:11:56 AM »
Is it fair to say that MP3 files will be COMPRESSED TWICE, while FLAC files will only be COMPRESSED ONCE?
Yes, correct.

Is the 192k MP3 file COMPRESSED AGAIN or is it just PASSED THROUGH by RadioBoss Cloud?
The output is always compressed (encoded), RadioBOSS does not take into account what the source file format is. So if your source files are MP3 and you broadcast in MP3, there will be double mp3 compression involved. Usually it's not a problem, especially at high bitrates (at 192kbps it will take hundreds or even thousdands cycles to introduce noticeable sound artifacts).

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #187 on: March 27, 2019, 01:28:34 AM »
According to the logs, it played F128, then, as it was the last track, it started again with F121, then F122, and so on. The order appears to be correct.

But I do not want tweets to be posted to every title change. is it possible to automatically send a tweet for a particular title?
Currently, no, as we only offer "nowplaying" tweets that supposed to be sending updates on each track change. We'll think of adding custom tweets in the future updates.

tking

« Reply #188 on: March 27, 2019, 06:52:10 PM »
I'm unable to rename the account username in the latest few servers I've setup. Is this a new thing? Accounts are labelled 'stream503' 'stream803' etc which isn't very intuitive when you have a bunch of accounts on the same server address. The accounts I set up 2 months or more or so it was no issue to rename the account?

Also any idea when ' might be included in file name syntax? It is causing problems when trying to sort being local and remote ftp directories.

Thanks!

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #189 on: March 28, 2019, 07:17:33 AM »
I'm unable to rename the account username in the latest few servers I've setup. Is this a new thing? Accounts are labelled 'stream503' 'stream803' etc which isn't very intuitive when you have a bunch of accounts on the same server address. The accounts I set up 2 months or more or so it was no issue to rename the account?
Please try again, it should work now.

Also any idea when ' might be included in file name syntax? It is causing problems when trying to sort being local and remote ftp directories.
According to our records, the apostrophe is allowed in file names. Can you please send a zipped file with apostrophe that is not accepted? Please also specify where it's not accepted, by FTP or in Media section?

actucast

• Actucast
« Reply #190 on: March 29, 2019, 08:30:26 AM »
According to the logs, it played F128, then, as it was the last track, it started again with F121, then F122, and so on. The order appears to be correct.

Yes, but it started with the 128, I wish it started with the 121

Currently, no, as we only offer "nowplaying" tweets that supposed to be sending updates on each track change. We'll think of adding custom tweets in the future updates.

Ok, thank for your amazing work !!! I love!

actucast

• Actucast
« Reply #191 on: March 29, 2019, 12:34:59 PM »
Hello,

I activated the function "Wait for current song to finish" but it does not wait for the end of the song to go live.

David H.

« Reply #192 on: March 30, 2019, 11:24:25 AM »
If I want to test the email notification function I get "An error occurred. 500 (Failed to send email.)" is displayed as an error message. Is this simply a bug in the current version of Radioboss Cloud?

Is it planned to offer Radioboss Cloud as a self-hosted solution in the future?

jordelquino

« Reply #193 on: March 30, 2019, 01:30:39 PM »
RPC Error 0  ???

Please fix as soon as possible!

David H.

« Reply #194 on: March 31, 2019, 03:37:12 AM »
I noticed that three "file types" are too few. Is it planned / possible to expand it in the future? Of course, it would be even better if the Playpack level could be set separately for a track.