• English
  • Deutsch
  • Español
  • Русский
Professional Radio Automation at a price you can afford.Professional Radio Automation at a price you can afford.
RadioBOSS box
RadioBOSS makes automating your broadcast to the world, your business or shop professional, simple, affordable, reliable.

Author Topic: RadioBOSS Cloud [beta]  (Read 88474 times)

wireradio

Re: RadioBOSS Cloud [beta]
« Reply #195 on: April 01, 2019, 07:58:44 AM »
is it possible to have a track now playing for a overplay

i use a overplay for a show instead of having it in the playlist and would like the title listed in the nowplaying even tho its a op

thanks

gaetanlabrecque

« Reply #196 on: April 01, 2019, 01:38:00 PM »
Hello

I used the new options allowing multiple web parts on a web page (coming from multiple radioboss Cloud sources) and it works great.

Thank you

Do you know when the Teaser option will be there?

Greetings

djsoft

• Administrator
    • http://www.djsoft.net
« Reply #197 on: April 02, 2019, 09:15:03 AM »
i use a overplay for a show instead of having it in the playlist and would like the title listed in the nowplaying even tho its a op
I don't think this would be possible, as it a potential source for conflicts. The overlay player is for minor things that do not require any features except for basic playback. I suggest running all shows from the main playlist.

I used the new options allowing multiple web parts on a web page (coming from multiple radioboss Cloud sources) and it works great.
You're welcome!

Do you know when the Teaser option will be there?
I don't have the exact date yet, sorry.
Dmitry  •  DJSoft.Net Team  •  Email: support@djsoft.net

RBUser2010

« Reply #198 on: April 02, 2019, 02:52:50 PM »
Few questions:

1) How much longer before we have ability to add more file types? I know at one point it was mentioned to be ready around Christmas...

2) The ability of listening to a track within the "Media" category (It's nice to be able to preview a file to determine whether that file needs to be archived like a sweeper, or older song. Right now, we have to place in the player and allow it to play to determine what the file actually sounds like)

3) The ability to download a file directly from our media category to our computer. ( We have other stations now with separate RB clouds and some songs cross over. Like to grab the process songs from our current cloud)

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #199 on: April 03, 2019, 04:29:31 AM »
1) How much longer before we have ability to add more file types? I know at one point it was mentioned to be ready around Christmas...

2) The ability of listening to a track within the "Media" category (It's nice to be able to preview a file to determine whether that file needs to be archived like a sweeper, or older song. Right now, we have to place in the player and allow it to play to determine what the file actually sounds like)
Those features will be available in the future updates. RadioBOSS Cloud is a complex system, and in the past few updates we have significantly increased its reliability, and this is a lot of work. Once we see that it performs as it should, we'll continue adding new features.

3) The ability to download a file directly from our media category to our computer. ( We have other stations now with separate RB clouds and some songs cross over. Like to grab the process songs from our current cloud)
Currently you can download the files from FTP: https://www.radioboss.fm/radioboss-cloud/ftp-uploads/
We'll consider adding download option to Media section as well.

tking

« Reply #200 on: April 04, 2019, 09:01:22 AM »
It would be helpful for us to have a 'date created' column in the file manager section so that is easy to find the latest tracks uploaded and add those to the playlist. Would that be possible to implement in the future please?

actucast

• Actucast
« Reply #201 on: April 05, 2019, 11:18:10 AM »
Hello,

What is the difference between Icecast KH 10 and Icecast 2.4.4?

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #202 on: April 06, 2019, 09:22:10 AM »
It would be helpful for us to have a 'date created' column in the file manager section so that is easy to find the latest tracks uploaded and add those to the playlist. Would that be possible to implement in the future please?
Good idea, yes - will be added in one of the future updates.

What is the difference between Icecast KH 10 and Icecast 2.4.4?
This may sound odd, but there is no compiled list of differences exists :) The KH version fixes some bugs fixed and changes what stream information it gives out. From our experience, in terms of uptime and overall reliability, the KH version is better and it's set as the default for all new accounts. There's no need to switch to regular Icecast unless you have a requirement to do so.

actucast

• Actucast
« Reply #203 on: April 06, 2019, 09:34:27 AM »
I'm sorry to bother you but I still have my file problem in the mess. Just now my event has just started, and started with Part 8 at the scene of Part 1 ....

actucast

• Actucast
« Reply #204 on: April 06, 2019, 11:15:56 AM »
When I run a notification test by email, I receive nothing. Is this normal?

In the log I have "Notification (#3) error: HTTP/1.1 500 Failed to send email."
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 11:18:59 AM by actucast »

Callum

« Reply #205 on: April 07, 2019, 03:30:24 PM »
After reading the documentation, I'm slightly confused by the "overlay playback" option in the scheduler. What exactly could this be used for?

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #206 on: April 08, 2019, 07:35:59 AM »
I'm sorry to bother you but I still have my file problem in the mess. Just now my event has just started, and started with Part 8 at the scene of Part 1 ....
Please specify what event it is and when did it happen.

When I run a notification test by email, I receive nothing. Is this normal?
Currently it does not always work due to some problems with external mailing service we use. An update will be released today that will fix the problem.

After reading the documentation, I'm slightly confused by the "overlay playback" option in the scheduler. What exactly could this be used for?
It's useful when you want to play something together with the currently playing song, optionally lowering its level. It's pretty much the same as in desktop RadioBOSS: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/eventoptions2.htm

Callum

« Reply #207 on: April 08, 2019, 09:22:36 AM »
It's useful when you want to play something together with the currently playing song, optionally lowering its level. It's pretty much the same as in desktop RadioBOSS: https://manual.djsoft.net/radioboss/en/eventoptions2.htm
If I had a news broadcast to play every so often, could "overlay playback" be used to play a bed over the news broadcast?

actucast

• Actucast
« Reply #208 on: April 08, 2019, 10:35:35 AM »
Please specify what event it is and when did it happen.

It was the British connection event Saturday at 4 pm (utc + 2)
I ask him to start reading the playlist in order, but it starts with part 08, then part01, 02, 03, 04 ....

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #209 on: April 08, 2019, 12:54:26 PM »
I ask him to start reading the playlist in order, but it starts with part 08, then part01, 02, 03, 04 ....
If it was playing previously, then it will continue from the position it left off. Even if it was in another playlist. When you add a new item, it will still check what the position for that folder was. It could be that when you have it played previously, it played the 07 file, and now it plays 08 as it's the next one in the queue.

If I had a news broadcast to play every so often, could "overlay playback" be used to play a bed over the news broadcast?
Unlikely, as it would be hard to synchronize the overlay event with the news event. The typical uses for the overlay feature are:
- play station ids when you play long DJ mixes and therefore playing ids between tracks is not really an option
- play top of the hour jingles if you don't want to interrupt the playing track
- run some important (and, typically, short) announcements, without interrupting the playing track