• English
  • Deutsch
  • Español
  • Русский
Professional Radio Automation at a price you can afford.Professional Radio Automation at a price you can afford.
RadioBOSS box
RadioBOSS makes automating your broadcast to the world, your business or shop professional, simple, affordable, reliable.

Author Topic: RadioBOSS 5.9 [beta]  (Read 95465 times)

stokemusic

Re: RadioBOSS 5.9 [beta]
« Reply #105 on: November 03, 2019, 03:53:59 AM »
since updating to version 5.9.0.4 my scheduler list refreshes and moves items around every couple of seconds. This only happens if you have clicked on "Run in" to show the next playlist to be played. Is this a bug ?
Thank you.

Marco Nicolosi

• I'm here to learn
« Reply #106 on: November 03, 2019, 07:54:29 AM »
Hello
I do not know if this has been reported in previous posts, but at random I get this error message, which blocks the execution of a schedule.

southernfm

« Reply #107 on: November 03, 2019, 03:43:47 PM »
Hello
I do not know if this has been reported in previous posts, but at random I get this error message, which blocks the execution of a schedule.

Same error code I get but for a different reason.

I also saw last night:
makelibrary: Directory inaccessible:  C:\Music\ZZ_SFNL (The path format is not supported)

On a few folders. My C:\Music is a symbolic link directory so I'm looking into that to see if I can rectify - although the behaviour is only happening in latest beta's. I re-ran the schedules manually and they worked the second time. I haven't been able to determine a cause for the errors. This didn't happen in 5.8 or prior.

The other error (code 32) has happened to multiple people now. This is a bug, not permissions; or if it is permissions, then something has changed to cause the error to appear now where it didn't before - e.g. process locking the files or something like that.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 06:44:13 PM by southernfm »

djsoft

• Administrator
    • http://www.djsoft.net
« Reply #108 on: November 04, 2019, 05:32:01 AM »
I'm going back to 5.8.5.2. I'll let you know the outcome.
Update: No errors all day today under 5.8.5.2.

Reinstalled 5.9.0.4. Will let you know if the errors return.
Both versions are absolutely the same in terms of loading settings, copying styles etc, no changes were made there.

but it is an problem with ON AIR icon. It does not work
Can you please provide some specifics?
Dmitry  •  DJSoft.Net Team  •  Email: support@djsoft.net

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #109 on: November 04, 2019, 05:36:03 AM »
since updating to version 5.9.0.4 my scheduler list refreshes and moves items around every couple of seconds. This only happens if you have clicked on "Run in" to show the next playlist to be played. Is this a bug ?
This works the same way as in later RadioBOSS 5.8, when you sort by Run In or Next Run fields, it will re-sort the list to make sure the event order is correct.

When does it appear? From the text it appears to be startup error message.

makelibrary: Directory inaccessible:  C:\Music\ZZ_SFNL (The path format is not supported)
It appears that there is a space (" ") before the path, please try removing it from the makelibrray command. How did you create the command, manually or using the "Schedule librray update" feature?

southernfm

« Reply #110 on: November 04, 2019, 06:53:06 AM »
It appears that there is a space (" ") before the path, please try removing it from the makelibrray command. How did you create the command, manually or using the "Schedule librray update" feature?

The scripts were created in 2017 and use the RadioBOSS API.
Command is:
wget -qO- "http://newmaster:9000/?pass=xxxxxx&cmd=makelibrary+ZZ_SFNL.xml+|+C:\Music\ZZ_SFNL"

as an example. Each of our folders have their own scripts, and each runs via another batch file that calls the API at 1am. The reason it's done this way is so our master system does all the processing and we push the database changes to the studios via our own custom methods.

Attached:
I quit out of 5.9.0.4, installed 5.8.5.2, ran the script. No errors (version_5.8.5.2.jpg).
Installed 5.9.0.4 again, ran the script, now errors show up (version_5.9.0.4.jpg).

If I need to amend my scripts that's okay, but I'll need to know what's changed between the two versions, for there to suddenly be errors accessing the folder. There's been no system changes in the 5 minutes running between the versions to show the issue.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 07:08:40 AM by southernfm »

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #111 on: November 04, 2019, 12:08:36 PM »
southernfm the problem could be due to a bug in "makelibrary" command parsing, introduced in the last update (we've added new options to it to allow normalizing music tracks and other processing). Will be fixed in the next update.

southernfm

« Reply #112 on: November 06, 2019, 03:52:46 AM »
Will be fixed in the next update.

Thanks.

FYI - This error returned today, on new beta 5.9.0.4.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2019, 03:56:39 AM by southernfm »

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #113 on: November 06, 2019, 08:15:12 AM »
Please wait for the next update, we'll get rid of this error message there.

pety

• Experienced user
Music Library - Tag Editor Inconsistency (Maybe BUG)
« Reply #114 on: November 07, 2019, 07:37:12 AM »
There is an inconsistency between title name in Music Library and Teg Editor (Track Properties...).
I checked latest Beta edition.

In real example Title column in Music Library shows:
$ Iarna

but Tag Editor (activated by Track Properties) shows:
Iarna 3,28 R

In xml file there is:
title="$ Iarna"

WHY Title in Tag editor does not display it exactly as it is?
Whe removes characters and merge others?

Is it an option which should I check or uncheck?

Every record in Library looks in the same way.

See the image in attach.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2019, 08:00:18 AM by pety »

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #115 on: November 07, 2019, 08:45:00 AM »
There is an inconsistency between title name in Music Library and Teg Editor (Track Properties...).
Please try updating the tags displayed in the library using the Tools->Update info from tags command.

pety

• Experienced user
« Reply #116 on: November 07, 2019, 08:49:39 AM »
Please try updating the tags displayed in the library using the Tools->Update info from tags command.
Did as you said.
LIBRARY DESTROYED !!!
Did as you said.
LIBRARY DESTROYED.

pety

• Experienced user
« Reply #117 on: November 07, 2019, 08:50:47 AM »
LIBRARY DESTROYED !!!
https://postimg.cc/VdxDTqpb

pety

• Experienced user
« Reply #118 on: November 07, 2019, 08:52:35 AM »
I made a copy before. But if not?
Your solution doesn't work. And is not reflecting the PROBLEM.

djsoft

• Administrator
« Reply #119 on: November 07, 2019, 08:56:27 AM »
This function reads tags from the file and fills the music library fields. When you see one information in the Music Library, but editing the tag actually shows a different information, it means the tags were edited after library was created. The "Update info from tags" will make it re-read the tags and update the library.

On your screenshots here: https://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,6309.msg30263.html#msg30263 you see that Album, Comment and other fields are empty. That's what you see after you update the library.