RadioBOSS 5.9 [beta]

djsoft

Staff member
What's new
  • Track tags (categories): assign one or more tags to tracks, tags can be used to search tracks and filter tracks in Playlist Generator
  • Track normalization (Tools menu in Music Library; scan in Track Tool): uses EBU R128 standard to determine loudness levels
  • Sweepers: it's possible to insert a sweeper instead of multiple playlist tracks
  • Improved Auto Intro user interface when playing; shows time remaining before auto intro start
  • Playback Queue can be put to pause
  • Teaser: added "Shuffle" option for transitions and playlist source for music tracks
  • Added DSD format support (DFF, DSF files)
  • Added keyboard shortcuts to add tracks, folders and network streams to a playlist
  • Relay: fade in option added
  • Relay: option added to move to the next track in the playlist after relay disconnects
  • Broadcasting: added 28 kbps bitrate
  • Style: now it's possible to use custom selection color with Windows UI
  • Music Library: improved list sorting
  • Changed %filename variable: now it does not include file extension; added %filename_ext variable that includes extension
  • Added %bpm variable for stream titles
  • Default cover artwork can be set from the Settings window (Reports section)
  • Do not send empty track title when playback is stopped option added (Advanced configuration)
  • Improved accessibility

Ad Scheduler
  • Ads Scheduler: fixed remote ads export sometimes didn't work properly with international characters in file names
  • Ads Scheduler: configure start time seconds for created events
  • Smooth level meter option added (Advanced configuration)

HTTP notifications
  • %artwork parameter that holds cover art (base64 encoded), %xml parameter that includes current and next track information in XML form
  • POST requests are now supported
  • Notification is also sent when a playlist is stopped
  • Notifications can be individually turned on and off
  • Album cover is removed from FTP when a track has no cover and there's no default cover defined

Scheduler
  • Event option: add to the very end of the playlist
  • Scheduled events list can be used in additional work zone
  • "next" scheduler command now has additional parameter: fade out time (milliseconds)
  • "enablegroup" and "disablegroup" scheduler commands allow specifying of multiple event groups, comma separated
  • "streamarchive" scheduler command now allows to specify recording duration
  • Recordings made with the "streramarchive" command are not split into segments (always saved as a single file)

Track Tool
  • Track Tool: track level change is applied immediately if a track is playing
  • Track Tool: minor UI improvements

Fixes and minor improvements
  • Fixed: cart wall font was off sometimes; carts may become disabled on font change
  • Fixed: Replay Gain was not processed for Overlay Playback tracks
  • Fixed: bulk tag editor in Music Library had Playcount set to zero
  • Fixed: scheduled event was played after tracks in the playback queue
  • Fixed: auto intro did not play at the beginning of a track sometimes
  • Fixed: general DSP is not applied to AUX and cart wall to avoid broken sound
  • Fixed bugs in jingle assign window
  • Fixed UI bugs in AUX player
  • Fixed occasional crash when DPI mode was changed or when connecting via RDP
  • Fixed: possible track duplicates in reports
  • Fixed: sometimes last word was cut when using MIC
  • Fixed: dragging from AUX player sometimes did not work
  • Fixed: occasional "freeze" or "access violation" errors

License key:
If you're a registered user and your update subscription is not expired, please use your key.

To request the free beta tester license key, please fill this form: https://www.djsoft.net/enu/beta.htm
The free key expires January 15, 2020.

Download
RadioBOSS 5.9 beta: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_beta_5.9.0.8.exe (11/24/2019, 30Mb)

Please post minor bugs and requests in this topic and create a new topic for more complex requests or reports.

Anyone who contributed will get a significant discount, up to 100%, when the final version is released. Please contact sales@djsoft.net regarding the discount.

i changed the settings in the design and stored them, after that the Radioboss dousnt start anymore, just a little window appears with argument out of range

Attachments

• bugreport.txt
    37.8 KB · Views: 671
Can you explain the use of the scheduler "next"command with timer?
Also I thought you were planning to implement a "fadeout without stop" command in this release.  IS that still possible please?

Kind regards

Patrick De Bruyn said:
i changed the settings in the design and stored them, after that the Radioboss dousnt start anymore, just a little window appears with argument out of range
Sorry for that, last minute change before release broken custom style support. A fix will be released soon.

Chris Deacon said:
Can you explain the use of the scheduler "next"command with timer?
Also I thought you were planning to implement a "fadeout without stop" command in this release.  IS that still possible please?
You can use is like this: next 3000 change 3000 to any other valuse you like, it's in milliseconds, 3000 ms = 3 seconds.

A notice about beta tester keys: if a key is not acepted, please try entering it again and it should work.

RadioBOSS 5.9.0.1
  • Fixed bugs
Download: http://dl.djsoft.net/beta/radioboss_beta_5.9.0.1.exe

Hi Dmitry,
Congratulations on this new version. :)

Many things to try ;D

First bug:

In tracktool, when you delete the tags, they still appear in the edit

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    37.3 KB · Views: 2,604
Can tags be read and written using the API?

Is it possible to add custom fields as a filter in Playlist Gen Pro?

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    12.8 KB · Views: 2,446
Any chance for this beta that the left panel becomes a work zone?
All the tabs (except dsp) are already available in the work area  ;)

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 2,385
Chances for this?
https://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,5601.msg29965.html#msg29965

https://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,5208.msg29602.html#msg29602
(Feature highly anticipated by us, openweathermap is not accurate, we need real-time information)

se agradece su intensi?n de compartir su licencia pero algo anda mal no lo toma arrojando el error de la imagen

Attachments

• Capturabo.PNG
    Capturabo.PNG
    10.5 KB · Views: 2,387
Hi Dmitry, when I enable the scheduler, the audio bars and timers freeze for approximately 200 ms every second.
I don't think the number of events is the problem.
It is not something that affects operation, but it is an interface problem.
This happens since RB 5.8 Beta, there is no antivirus or other software of this type installed.

Attachments

• Sin t?tulo.png
    Sin t?tulo.png
    69.3 KB · Views: 2,489
nelson c said:
Congratulations on this new version.
Thank you :)

nelson c said:
In tracktool, when you delete the tags, they still appear in the edit
This is not a bug. Deleting a tag will not remove it from music tracks where this track was assigned. If you want to completely remove the tag, you should use Music Library, select all tracks and remove this tag, then remove it from the list.

nelson c said:
Can tags be read and written using the API?
Yes, in the next update it will be possible.

nelson c said:
Is it possible to add custom fields as a filter in Playlist Gen Pro?
This is not planned yet. But maybe use Tags instead? They offer powerful filtering features.

nelson c said:
Any chance for this beta that the left panel becomes a work zone?
All the tabs (except dsp) are already available in the work area 
We're gradually moving towards it. What do you want to use it for, e.g. what tabs you want to add there?

nelson c said:
Chances for this?
https://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,5601.msg29965.html#msg29965

https://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,5208.msg29602.html#msg29602
(Feature highly anticipated by us, openweathermap is not accurate, we need real-time information)
Buffer preloading is still under developement, may be it will be available in this version as experimental feature.
About weather, it's almost ready, and it will allow you to use alternative weather sources (e.g read from a text file).

perucanta said:
se agradece su intensi?n de compartir su licencia pero algo anda mal no lo toma arrojando el error de la imagen
Please try entering the code again, it should work.

nelson c said:
Hi Dmitry, when I enable the scheduler, the audio bars and timers freeze for approximately 200 ms every second.
This happens since RB 5.8 Beta, there is no antivirus or other software of this type installed.
No changes were made in this regard in the newer version. There are not a lot of events to check, so I'm not sure why this happens. Maybe computer reboot will fix this?

djsoft said:
We're gradually moving towards it. What do you want to use it for, e.g. what tabs you want to add there?
In our case nothing that is there is often used ... (The planner is the most used but only for reviews that are not usual)

We would like, for example, to be able to take notes there, while in the work zone 2 an carts wall is open

djsoft said:
Buffer preloading is still under developement, may be it will be available in this version as experimental feature.
I would gladly like to test this. :)

djsoft said:
About weather, it's almost ready, and it will allow you to use alternative weather sources (e.g read from a text file).

Great news :D

djsoft said:
Quote from: nelson c on October 15, 2019, 12:01:24 PM
No changes were made in this regard in the newer version. There are not a lot of events to check, so I'm not sure why this happens. Maybe computer reboot will fix this?
It may be that the problem creeps from RB 5.7 .. I don't remember how long it has been there.
I remember reporting it on this but they couldn't reproduce it.
Maybe the problem was the events .. I just realized in this beta that the problem disappears when I deactivate the planner. I think that when I report the problem I attach my profile but not the events.
Change your computer between these versions (Events and profile are migrated) and the problem is still there. It is not fixed with a restart, it always happens.

djsoft said:
This is not planned yet. But maybe use Tags instead? They offer powerful filtering features.
Tags can be very useful for loose attributes brands, for example "Christmas Songs", "Protest Songs" .. I think there is its greatest potential.

In our case we need to categorize the songs with a time, a mood, etc.
All songs must ALWAYS be categorized with a time option, a mood, etc.
I do not think that tags are the best idea for this, it may happen that we have unallocated songs, or that they have two categories such as:
-Mood slow - Mood Fast

It is also not something ordered to see it in the interface.
Some songs could be
Mood: Slow - Recording: Live
and others:
Recording: In Studio - Mood: Time
Depending on the order in which they were assigned

I think that custom fields offer a better solution for this .. We can expect in field number 3 that we always know the type of recording .. and there is no doubt about it .. Even adding a combobox with options can be a good idea to avoid mistakes of typing.

From PlayList Gen Pro this way of working would be much tidier than the labels I think.

Attachments

• Sin t?tulo.png
    Sin t?tulo.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 520
nelson c said:
We would like, for example, to be able to take notes there, while in the work zone 2 an carts wall is open
Noted, thank you! I think this will be possible in one of the future versions.

nelson c said:
Maybe the problem was the events .. I just realized in this beta that the problem disappears when I deactivate the planner. I think that when I report the problem I attach my profile but not the events.
There's not so many events on your screenshot, we've tested it with 1000's of events and there were no problems like this. I'm not sure what it could be, I'm sorry.

Back