RadioBOSS 5.9 [beta]

djsoft said:
There's not so many events on your screenshot, we've tested it with 1000's of events and there were no problems like this. I'm not sure what it could be, I'm sorry.
More information: the problem occurs when the programmer window is visible.
If change of tab does not occur

nelson c said:
Depending on the order in which they were assigned
Tags are alphabetically sorted when displayed.

Filtering based on attributes like "Live", "Slow", "Christmas" etc is easdily done with tags. There's no need to reinvent it in a different way. It's much easier to assign tags, like add or remove tags in bulk using music library.

Custom fields were introduced for reporting purposes as requirementrs are different in different countries and songs must have some additional attributes. Custom fields were never intended to be used for playlist building, and as we now have tags feature, they never will.

nelson c said:
More information: the problem occurs when the programmer window is visible.
If change of tab does not occur
It could be some sort of video card performance problem (when it re-draws the list). It only paints visible items, and those are about 10 or 20, this never cause any problems, unless there's some hardware failure or misconfiguration.

At startup from Radioboss in the log appears input device error but my input device is ok

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.jpg
    Screenshot_3.jpg
    397 KB · Views: 488
djsoft said:
Track tags (categories): assign one or more tags to tracks, tags can be used to search tracks and filter tracks in

Speaking of SEARCH --- It takes FOREVER to find something and it NEVER ENDS!
and as a side effect WHILE SEARCHING everything is semi-paralyzed...  play stops momentarily between tracks.

I hope you fix this soon.

Hi Dmitry,

Have just downloaded the new beta version now. I haven't tested this particular bug yet with the new beta but wanted to ask as it was present in 5.8.5.2

Sometimes when editing carts on the cart wall, the cart next to the one you want to edit ends up with the information you were trying to put into the one you were trying to edit.

So for example a cart wall 5 rows 3 columns. In row 3 column 2, you edit the cart. The details of that would end up in row 3, column 3.

Closing and re-opening RadioBOSS fixes it temporarily, but it sometimes comes back again.

We have a cart wall that our presenters are able to change as they come in and they load/save the cart walls as they see fit. I've attached it so you can see what the cart file looks like.

It's like a UI error where suddenly the cart can't be clicked or edited once it stops working for whatever reason. Not sure if this has been addressed in the beta but I'll try and re-create it in the beta.

Also - we had requested the ability to lock down certain cart walls so they couldn't be edited. We have a 'Station' cart wall that we want to be unchangeable, and a 'presenter' cart wall that we don't mind if the presenters adjust. Is it possible to add this feature?

Attachments

• Personal - Two_Smokin_Guns.cart
    9.3 KB · Views: 358
Observation:
Our track library is 74042 tracks. Whenever we search the database and clear the search field, there's a 'searching...' percentage that appears underneath the music library. This takes about 10 seconds to complete, then it shows 74042 tracks again

Hi
I have installed the beta and I am afraid that the search in the database by title u.s.w very ... takes a long time and I have this broken off after 5 minutes and only about 20% search. Thus, it is almost impossible to search for titles, artist.

mfg
Kopens

Patrick De Bruyn said:
At startup from Radioboss in the log appears input device error but my input device is ok
Does it happen all the time or only ocasionally? Does the MIC actually work?

mediosprodan said:
hola, no funciona el c?digo de activaci?n brindado por mail
Please contact support@djsoft.net about problems with keys.

bfmradio said:
Speaking of SEARCH --- It takes FOREVER to find something and it NEVER ENDS!
and as a side effect WHILE SEARCHING everything is semi-paralyzed...   play stops momentarily between tracks.
Thank you for letting us know, we'll try to fix this problem soon.

southernfm said:
It's like a UI error where suddenly the cart can't be clicked or edited once it stops working for whatever reason. Not sure if this has been addressed in the beta but I'll try and re-create it in the beta.
We have never seen this bug here, please try if it still exists in RadioBOSS 5.9, as we have made some changes to cart wall (and some bugs were fixed too).

southernfm said:
Also - we had requested the ability to lock down certain cart walls so they couldn't be edited. We have a 'Station' cart wall that we want to be unchangeable, and a 'presenter' cart wall that we don't mind if the presenters adjust. Is it possible to add this feature?
Currently this is not possible, but it's on our to-do list for the future updates.

southernfm said:
Our track library is 74042 tracks. Whenever we search the database and clear the search field, there's a 'searching...' percentage that appears underneath the music library. This takes about 10 seconds to complete, then it shows 74042 tracks again
Yes, it shows the complete library list when it's cleared (it worked like this in all versions). We'll try to optimize it, as there are complaints about search performance.

djmicbby said:
I have installed the beta and I am afraid that the search in the database by title u.s.w very ... takes a long time and I have this broken off after 5 minutes and only about 20% search. Thus, it is almost impossible to search for titles, artist.
How many tracks do you have in the music library?

Patrick De Bruyn said:
why dousn?t Radioboss use MY Sql instead of XML Database ?
MySQL requires installation and configuration and this is not that good solution. We'll probably switch to SQLite, to avoid performance bottlenecks, as there seem to be lots of complaints about search.

djsoft said:
Yes, it shows the complete library list when it's cleared (it worked like this in all versions). We'll try to optimize it, as there are complaints about search performance.

That's right, I've seen the behavior, but the speed is noticeably slower. We're using the APEv2 version, but also SQLite is slow.

Additionally the initial load is very slow, like 5 minutes to load slow vs 5 seconds usually.

southernfm said:
That's right, I've seen the behavior, but the speed is noticeably slower. We're using the APEv2 version, but also SQLite is slow.

Additionally the initial load is very slow, like 5 minutes to load slow vs 5 seconds usually.
How large is your music library?

Hi
Any improvments in "Track List"?

I desperately need the option for "Less Played Songs"
Even with the scheduling i've got tracks that are less played and others with major plays.
(in same category and consedering artist/song separations)
Would be a very usefull option to get a much better rotation of the songs.

Please?  8)

djmicbby said:
How many tracks do you have in the music library?
[/quote

Hi
I have about 35,000 titles in the database. I went with and under Option / Settings / General, the setting Location for additional title information on SQlite! It takes a bit but now the title or artist is moving quickly. But I think so not thought! But otherwise I am surprised by the new radioboss posetiv, especially concerning the sound! Very well.
  Sorry the english here .. google translator

djsoft said:
How large is your music library?

74041 tracks. Previously this would take about 5 seconds to run through the 'searching...' process.

SQLite is a bit faster, but it still takes about a minute to show up the music library the first time, and then after searching it takes about 15 seconds or so

See attachment for errors in RadioBOSS.

The application (and user logged in) has at least read access to "C:\Program Files (x86)\RadioBOSS\Style" and write access to "C:\Users\RadioBOSS\AppData\Roaming\djsoft.net\RadioBOSS_1077086474".

These boxes appear over the main RadioBOSS window until OK is clicked.
I've reset the style for now and I think it's okay - but the error might show up for people upgrading from an older version of RadioBOSS

Edit: actually this may have just been the way we had the style set up previously - it wasn't assigned to any profile in particular (blank). I saved the style as a name, then applied that and it looks like it's coming up properly. I'll keep this post here anyway but I think it's resolved.

Attachments

• errors_bugs.JPG
    errors_bugs.JPG
    38.8 KB · Views: 426
jpp said:
I desperately need the option for "Less Played Songs"
Even with the scheduling i've got tracks that are less played and others with major plays.
(in same category and consedering artist/song separations)
Would be a very usefull option to get a much better rotation of the songs.
This is in the dev queue, it is possible that we'll add it in this beta.

djmicbby said:
I have about 35,000 titles in the database. I went with and under Option / Settings / General, the setting Location for additional title information on SQlite! It takes a bit but now the title or artist is moving quickly. But I think so not thought! But otherwise I am surprised by the new radioboss posetiv, especially concerning the sound! Very well.
The search will be improved in the next update, we'll remove force data updating that will make it load libraries faster.

southernfm said:
SQLite is a bit faster, but it still takes about a minute to show up the music library the first time, and then after searching it takes about 15 seconds or so
Initial load will take time. We'll try to do something about it, but I can't promise anything right now, this is still being researched.

southernfm said:
Edit: actually this may have just been the way we had the style set up previously - it wasn't assigned to any profile in particular (blank). I saved the style as a name, then applied that and it looks like it's coming up properly. I'll keep this post here anyway but I think it's resolved.
It shouldn't cause such errors. The error code means the following: "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."
This is odd as even if for some reason you have two instances running from the same folder, RadioBOSS only reads files briefly and does not keep them open.
Please try rebooting the PC if possible, it should fix the problem.

is it possible to change the color for the tab of a ACTIVE Playlist so it would be easyer to recognize iff al playlist is active or not
Thanks
https://www.facebook.com/groups/145260282901834/

Back