A look-ahead Brickwall Limiter for RadioBOSS Cloud please

Good User

Hello to all,

A GREAT FREE Plug-in is LoudMax DSP https://loudmax.blogspot.com/ . It is a no-distortion look-ahead adjustable Stereo Audio Limiter. Maybe he would let it be used for free on the RadioBoss Cloud service?

If he won't license LoudMax for free to use on RadioBoss Cloud, perhaps we can get for RadioBoss Cloud a look-ahead Brickwall Limiter with a "Drive" control and "Attack" and "Release" (in milliseconds) and Output Level controls ?

The compressor works OK. But there is nothing like a look-ahead Brickwall Limiter for use after the compressor to get that loud, punchy sound necessary to compete with all the VERY LOUD Pop and Rock stations streaming out on the Internet.

Any ideas for a Stereo Audio Limiter on RadioBoss Cloud?

Sincerely,

Gary

We're considering adding Stereo Tool in the future, as it's more widespread and known. Adding any plugins is dangerous and everything needs to be thoroughly tested for stability, server load etc.

Ok, I understand.

As far as a Limiter that uses almost no CPU there is LoudMax from the website https://loudmax.blogspot.com/ . It is excellent in not adding distortion as it increases the Average volume level by as much as 18 db.

When I used Stereo Tool in Winamp it used so much CPU that certain settings of it could not be used.

Have you ever heard Breakaway Audio Enhancer? It is made by a Omnia employee. It has a 30 day free trial. It uses almost no CPU, less than 2.8 percent maximum measured on my low specification AMD-CPU computer.

I mentioned Breakaway because it has a retail price of $29 and allows it to be installed on 2 computers for that price.
They make a professional version of Breakaway with more features, meant to compete with Stereo Tool, for $199 for a single PC license use.

This is not an advertisement of any kind. I am just wondering if you have heard of something that is providing 80% of what Stereo Tool does for as low as $29, I believe an adapted $29 version is good enough for hobby stations not needing all the professional features of Stereo Tool. I AM in favor of you offering Stereo Tool as a professional option and offering Breakaway as a lower cost option. I think all you would have to do is give the person that makes Breakaway a target price you would pay for a per-customer license and it would work out to be reseller by you at a lower cost to the end user.

Gary

When I used Stereo Tool in Winamp it used so much CPU that certain settings of it could not be used.
The point is that Stereo Tool offers a lot of things. Integrating any 3rd party plugin in RadioBOSS Cloud is a lot of work, testing, etc. That's why Stereo Tool makes sense as it covers almost all needs. We'll also check the plugin you mentioned if it can be included.

Have you ever heard Breakaway Audio Enhancer? It is made by a Omnia employee. It has a 30 day free trial. It uses almost no CPU, less than 2.8 percent maximum measured on my low specification AMD-CPU computer.
Yes, but it also uses a lot of CPU according to our tests. We're also seeing it as a candidate for RB Cloud sound processing.

Ok great. :)

I would pay another 10 percent per month to add to my $20 Medium RadioBOSS Cloud amount just to be able to use Breakaway processing. It really does a good job and is not too intimidating to use as compared to Stereo Tool. Therefore your support questions would be much lower using Breakaway processing compared to Stereo Tool.

I would pay another 10 percent per month to add to my $20 Medium RadioBOSS Cloud amount just to be able to use Breakaway processing. It really does a good job and is not too intimidating to use as compared to Stereo Tool. Therefore your support questions would be much lower using Breakaway processing compared to Stereo Tool.
Even of one/both of those plugins are offered in RadioBOSS Cloud, I'd still like to point out the following:
  • There will be no plugin's user interface available. There are plenty of technical reasons for it (mostly, security-concerned). In StereoTool's case, I guess RB Cloud will simply accept saved preset that you can make on your computer. Maybe we'll also offer some ready presets to use (e.g. the ones that come with ST itself);
  • There will be no technical support for the plugins themselves. For that, plugin's authors need to be contacted. We'll only deal with requests concerning technical part, how it's integrated, but not for actual plugin usage.

Ok great !

I was able to adjust Stereo Tool (as a DSP plug-in in Winamp) to sound better than Breakaway, considering that Stereo Tool has Stereo Enhancement and Bass Enhancement features that the Breakaway One processor doesn't have. Stereo Tool also has an advanced Parametric Equalizer that Breakaway One does not have.

So that others can know, we are talking about:

Click Here for Stereo Tool Website

Click Here for Breakaway One Website

If / When you decide to do it I will pay some more money per month to have it, as long as I can afford it.

It'll certainly cost some additional amount (due to processing power required for those plugins, and power costs money). I think it'll be sold as an addon that can be added for any package.

OK great! Once again RadioBOSS is better than the competition!

Also please investigate how much per month it would cost for the Stereo Tool license, because some people have the ability to pay a little amount of money per month and cannot afford to pay for the Stereo Tool license all at once. I suppose at that point you would be a Stereo Tool reseller.

Last edited:
There will be no plugin's user interface available. There are plenty of technical reasons for it (mostly, security-concerned). In StereoTool's case, I guess RB Cloud will simply accept saved preset that you can make on your computer. Maybe we'll also offer some ready presets to use (e.g. the ones that come with ST itself);
Interesting what is being debated.
StereoTool has a full web remote control, perhaps it will be useful for future users of this feature. Allows complete administration with ip:port

Also you would need Stereo Tool to run without the license as well, because many features of Stereo Tool still work without the license. If Stereo Tool is run without a license the stream will have a short Stereo Tool advertisement put into the stream every 12 hours, I believe Thimeo says.

Link to: Stereo Tool website

Also please investigate how much per month it would cost for the Stereo Tool license, because some people have the ability to pay a little amount of money per month and cannot afford to pay for the Stereo Tool license all at once. I suppose at that point you would be a Stereo Tool reseller.
For Cloud plugin, we'll be offering our own ST license, users will not need to have their license to use it.

StereoTool has a full web remote control, perhaps it will be useful for future users of this feature. Allows complete administration with ip:port
That's what we actually like to avoid - as this is a potential security issue. We don't really know what goes on there (inside the plugin) and this is potentially a security risk for the server.

Back