Adding Comment to Songs

radyofog

Hi. Im trying to divide times acoording to genres. I read a post about this in this form. I applied it but when Im adding comment to songs (by selecting all and apply) the id tags of songs dissappear.
Can you tell me why this happens. Or I should do one bye one this operation.
Thanks

Hello!

Thank you for report! We confirmed this bug, and it'll be fixed later today. It exists in the latest version 4.0 also.
I'll post here an update when it's done.

Hello!

The update is ready (fixed mass tag edit in the Music Library, also some small fixes with ID3v2/v1 tag save).
You can get update here: http://www.djsoft.net/enu/update.htm

Yes, thank you for fixing up this bug. It was worrying me too  :)

One thing I discovered this morning re editing tags in the Music Library - if the song has an ID3 v1 tag, you may have problems with genre names. There are only a limited number of music genres a v1 tag can handle (the prescribed ones from the list). I had to use a free programme called MP3 Tag Editor to change the tag to v2. Then I was able to choose any genre name that I like.

I guess the moral of the story is...try to make sure your music files all have v2 tags. Then - no problems at all :)

If I am not entirely correct with this observation, perhaps our friendly moderator can correct me.

Thanks very much

James Totton said:
I guess the moral of the story is...try to make sure your music files all have v2 tags. Then - no problems at all :)
Will be fixed in the next version. It'll work like this: program reads whatever tag (v1/v2/ape) mp3 file has, and save it using ID3v2.

Back