Adding phone bank to RadioBOSS

johngrant

My mic comes through a mixer, then a USB port, so I can mix a phone in there, one line at a time.  Any ideas on managing a phone bank, i.e., a console handing multiple calls?  Blogtalkradio has a nice phone interface, but I'm stuck porting my entire broadcast through them to, say live365, and their pro package is not cheap.  RadioBoss makes it easy to run spot breaks, bumper music, open and close themes, etc.

Think talk show.  I'd like to skype in a co-host and take some phone calls.

Thoughts?  Thanks.

Figured it out.  Buy a USB - 1/4" phono patch cord like you'd use to hook up a guitar.  Get an adapter for your phone's jack.  Launch a second instance of Virtual Audio Cable and then patch that to your phone.  You got phone calls on your broadcast!

johngrant said:
Figured it out.  Buy a USB - 1/4" phono patch cord like you'd use to hook up a guitar.  Get an adapter for your phone's jack.  Launch a second instance of Virtual Audio Cable and then patch that to your phone.  You got phone calls on your broadcast!
Sorry I missed your first post in March...
For RadioBOSS there's no difference if it's microphone, phone or any other external device.
The idea with Guitar link is excellent :)

Back