using a jk audio phone hybrid as input to RadioBoss.

Hello,
I have a basic, two channel audio interface set as mic input in Radioboss. I would also like to be able to hook up my jk audio phone hybrid and set as one of the inputs to Radioboss. I can run xlr to 3.5 cables from the phone hybrid to a usb sound card. However, I need that input to be heard even without programming a line in command in to the playlist, so that with just the press of a button on the interface, the call can go on air. Also, microphone is set right now to only output to encoder, because of the delay that exists otherwise. I need the mic to not go to my primary sound device, but I do need the people on the call to hear the mic input. Is there a way to pull this off? Should I set it to use secondary monitor device, or an aux? I need the people on the call to hear everything else coming from radioboss, and I need the caller audio to input to radioboss, and all of this with a mix minus. Any way to pull this off? I have used a mixer with telco channels for a few years now, but it is starting to fail, and I don't have the money for another, and honestly, I would also like to de-clutter and make room on my desk.

You can add "line.in" to AUX player and start it there, this way, line input will always be active. Another way is to assign it to MIC and keep it turned on all/most of the time.

You can add "line.in" to AUX player and start it there, this way, line input will always be active.

Can you describe exactly how to do this? Also, remember, call audio needs to be heard in radioboss, but the caller needs to hear everything else too, other than their own voices. I can't use the jk audio phone hybrid as mic, since my audio interface is already set as mic, and I want to keep that set as I have it for automatic music fading. I understand I would add the hybrid as input1, but what about callers hearing me and others in studio? Would I add it as monitor device or aux? I have to keep mic set to only output to encoder because of the delay, but I do need callers to hear the mic. Make sense?

if you add a new port in your settings to use vb input and set your jk on this
9ca837eca7544d2fb458993a0a60b47c.png

Then in mic input set to the virtual port . We don't use this as could not use it for what we want it did in my attempt get my cart around the dsp but other vocals was not We are trying to figure out if we need focus right and spend big money!
400-500eu
11ddac20d68e3d78a07bb6abb57f89b9.png

if you add a new port in your settings to use vb input and set your jk on this
View attachment 13201

Then in mic input set to the virtual port . We don't use this as could not use it for what we want it did in my attempt get my cart around the dsp but other vocals was not We are trying to figure out if we need focus right and spend big money!
400-500eu
View attachment 13202

Unfortunately, I can not see your screen shots, as I am blind. Could you please describe these in detail, what you did, where you did it, etc. The jk audio hybrid actually has a usb port. I've got audio from radioboss going out on the phone, but caller volume is really, really, really low, no matter how much I play with the volume.

Can you describe exactly how to do this?
You can add AUX players in additional work zones, then add linear input to it (you can add it to main playlist, then cut item from there and paste it to AUX player). By default, AUX players play on main sound card, but you can configure them to play on different device.

Back