How do you fully understand RadioBOSS's structure?

wutzthedeal

Hey guys,
    As Dmitry and others know, I love this software.  It performs consitently and flawlessly for me.  I went through a long struggle to understand how to do the following very specific thing; take calls from Skype and Google Voice through RadioBOSS during a live broadcast using Virtual Audio Cables, one PC, no mixer, and no other devices.  I did not need to record anything locally because my live broadcast is already recorded by Spreaker, and copies are also automatically sent to iHeartRadio and YouTube.
    Now, I have a usb mixer and a high quality condenser mic to add to the mix, removing the old usb headset. 
    I've decided that there is probably no way I'm going to find somebody that's trying to do exactly what I'm doing, with this mixer, including adding live cell phone calls which I have the cable for.
    So what I need is a way to look at some sort of deep, block diagram of how RadioBOSS works.  Not only the player/internet encoder portion difference but exactly how signals get routed when you choose certain sources for input, aux input, monitoring, output, and aux output.  Understanding this program on a deeper level with diagrams is the only way I'm going to understand how I can do what I want to do with it now and in the future.  I do NOT plan on adding a lot of stuff to my mixer; I've got two mics and I'll have the cell phone.  The mics are already working; I just have to figure out Skype and GV now.  I need to know the deep stuff so I can figure out what I want to run through my mixer and what I want to bypass the mixer for, as well as how to perfectly time songs, cartwalls (sound effects) and voice input.  Please advise.

wutzthedeal said:
Hey guys,
    As Dmitry and others know, I love this software.  It performs consitently and flawlessly for me.  I went through a long struggle to understand how to do the following very specific thing; take calls from Skype and Google Voice through RadioBOSS during a live broadcast using Virtual Audio Cables, one PC, no mixer, and no other devices.  I did not need to record anything locally because my live broadcast is already recorded by Spreaker, and copies are also automatically sent to iHeartRadio and YouTube.
    Now, I have a usb mixer and a high quality condenser mic to add to the mix, removing the old usb headset. 
    I've decided that there is probably no way I'm going to find somebody that's trying to do exactly what I'm doing, with this mixer, including adding live cell phone calls which I have the cable for.
    So what I need is a way to look at some sort of deep, block diagram of how RadioBOSS works.  Not only the player/internet encoder portion difference but exactly how signals get routed when you choose certain sources for input, aux input, monitoring, output, and aux output.  Understanding this program on a deeper level with diagrams is the only way I'm going to understand how I can do what I want to do with it now and in the future.  I do NOT plan on adding a lot of stuff to my mixer; I've got two mics and I'll have the cell phone.  The mics are already working; I just have to figure out Skype and GV now.  I need to know the deep stuff so I can figure out what I want to run through my mixer and what I want to bypass the mixer for, as well as how to perfectly time songs, cartwalls (sound effects) and voice input.  Please advise.
Maybe my work help you:
http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,3915.0.html
http://www.djsoft.net/smf/index.php/topic,4031.0.html
I will make a diagram of RadioBOSS. I understand how RB's modules function.

By the way! For cell phone you need an interface. That is the best way... http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/buy/Telephone-Audio-Interfaces/ci/8815/N/4291085905

I have looked at your diagrams Pety which were very helpful and I'll look again.  But I was looking for more of a general type of block-diagram description as yours seem to focus on your very specific settings and needs. 

It's pretty simple, depending on your settings. Almost everything gets mixed to one stream, which is sent to sound card. The difference is when you have the "Output to encoders only" option selected for microphone, in this case you won't hear the microphone in your sound card (but it will be sent to encoders). Any cart wall or overlay playback events are also mixed to the same internal mixer. AUX players, cart wall, jingles, prelisten (PFL), if set to another sound card, is a separate playback.

djsoft said:
It's pretty simple, depending on your settings. Almost everything gets mixed to one stream, which is sent to sound card. The difference is when you have the "Output to encoders only" option selected for microphone, in this case you won't hear the microphone in your sound card (but it will be sent to encoders). Any cart wall or overlay playback events are also mixed to the same internal mixer. AUX players, cart wall, jingles, prelisten (PFL), if set to another sound card, is a separate playback.
Very nice! I think that will be necesary a diagram (or more) with diversified configurations: mixers, VAC's, Skype etc., etc. And relations between OS sound configurations - RB sound - Skype Sound etc., etc.
THAT will be more than G R E A T for all users.

Here is only one way to work with RadioBOSS and Mixer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRYccGMjakM

There are a lot of ways to do different things...

pety said:
djsoft said:
Very nice! I think that will be necesary a diagram (or more) with diversified configurations: mixers, VAC's, Skype etc., etc. And relations between OS sound configurations - RB sound - Skype Sound etc., etc.
The diagram will vary depending on configuration... Therefore it's not possible to create it.

djsoft said:
pety said:
djsoft said:
The diagram will vary depending on configuration... Therefore it's not possible to create it.
I will create some... :)

Thank you Dmitry and Pety; given me stuff to read and think about.  My worst concern is echo, timing, and avoiding looping.  For some reason I have a really hard time figuring out when I'm double-processing an input or output.

Back