AIMP clear sound

pety

I am listening some internet radios with RadioBOSS and AIMP. After few hours my conclusion is that AIMP has a clear sound. I would like that RB sound at least as AIMP. I didn't use any equalizer.

pety said:
I am listening some internet radios with RadioBOSS and AIMP. After few hours my conclusion is that AIMP has a clear sound. I would like that RB sound at least as AIMP. I didn't use any equalizer.
All programs sound the same, it's plugins which change the sound.

djsoft said:
pety said:
There is NO plugin in my AIMP and RadioBOSS at this moment :)
The sound difference is very clear.
If you wish you can compare them, just for fun. If you hear a difference it is good, if no it is good too.

pety said:
There is NO plugin in my AIMP and RadioBOSS at this moment :)
The sound difference is very clear.
If you wish you can compare them, just for fun. If you hear a difference it is good, if no it is good too.
[/quote]
I'm not sure where the difference can come from. All decoders (mp3, aac, ...) produce virtually the same output, which is then sent to the sound card. The only way where difference can occur is if the sound is processed somehow - by plugin or internally. RadioBOSS does not process the sound allowing users to apply their own processing if needed. I think you should check its settings and see if some sort of sound processing is enabled.

I have indeed AutoAmp and Compressor active in RadioBOSS.
Maybe this is the problem.

pety said:
I have indeed AutoAmp and Compressor active in RadioBOSS.
Maybe this is the problem.
It could well be the problem. Please let me know if turning those off fixes the sound problem.

Back